*** FINALLY FRIDAY ROLL-CALL - WHERE IS EVERYBODY?? ***

dit657
on 6/23/11 9:43 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - it's 7:41 and I'm starting roll call? Everyone sleeping in this morning?? I'm sure Steffi is - she's OFF FOR THE SUMMER NOW (I'm just jealous, Steffi - enjoy!).

I'm at work - so far it's very quiet here - let it stay that way. This week has been busy busy and it doesn't look to be letting up anytime soon.

Today we find out what type of cancer my brother is dealing with, and the course of action to combat it - please keep your fingers crossed for him. I can't believe we have to deal with this in our family again so soon after my mother's passing, but we will be strong and say lots of prayers.

Went to see my nephew's girlfriend at the hospital last night - poor girl is in a lot of pain - they had to slice her hip to hip for her hysterectomy, but she is healing and should be coming home today - she'll be staying at our house for a while since we don't have steps and it'll be easier for her to get around.

No plans for the weekend - and that's a good thing.

Happy Friday everyone - have a great day!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 6/23/11 9:51 pm - Philadelphia, PA
NOPE - was not sleeping - was giving someone else an opportunity to say hi first....see - that is how I work! :)

As for your brother - knowing how to move forward USUALLY gives the patient dealing with the dreaded Cancer, something to sink their teeth into.  Most of the people I know that have had Cancer were awful until they knew what they were dealing with and how to treat.  I wish you the best of news and that you find the strength to work with your brother!

(However, we were both setting one up at the same time - here is what I wrote.....)

Although, my days are now all Saturdays and Sundays - I thought for those of you that wait all week for Friday - it might be freaking fantabulous! :)

Today is the day in which I ship off my first kid toher Summer camp plans.  We will be taking Molly to my in-laws down the shore later this morning.  Her camp starts Monday in Margate, NJ.  She wanted to go to camp down the shore and stay with myin-laws.  More power to her - someone needs to like that woman! :)

Will then come home, well, Larry will drive and I will sleep, and most likely go to the market and/or get my nails done.  If I only do one of them, can you guess which one it will be?  ha ha!

Tonight my girlfriend is in town and will hopefully see her.  Other than that - Larry is working and I am down to two children until Sunday til the next one leaves! :)

Happy Friday!
rock
on 6/23/11 9:55 pm
 Happy Friday  PA Peeps,,, 

My thoughts and prayers go out to your family Kathy...Having just lost my Dad I know it is Never easy ,,but faith and friends ease the way!!!

This weekend is my 35th High School reunion.....I am on the committee and this is the 6th one we have planned.....I am SOOOO EXITED for this one......I had hoped to be down  120 lbs....I came real close  116 lbs....My committeer members have been with me on this whole journey from my Pre-op till NOW.....They are as excited as I am!!!!     Have not decided exactly what I am wearing....Believe you me.....I have stocked my closet and have a LOT of choices....and the Credit card bills to prove it!!!    Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend.... I will fill you in on details and WOWS!!!!!   HUGS   P ROCK
lynnc99
on 6/23/11 10:00 pm
Let's see.

Work.
Haircut.
Workout in some form or fashion.
Then what? Stay tuned and have a great Friday!
Liz R.
on 6/23/11 10:13 pm - Easton, PA
Good luck Kathy! Thoughts and prayers for the family!

Well it is quiet here thank god! CHOP job is installed, completed, paid for and we have totally happy customers! We are down lots of people today. My sales person is off to take his family to Hershey park, one owner is on a jobsite in the city, the other owner should be here but generally leaves me alone. one co-worker is leaving at noon and I'd love to sneak out at 3!
lynnc99
on 6/24/11 2:21 am
Liz....shhhh!....sneak on out. We'll never tell!
Lisa H.
on 6/23/11 10:30 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning all.. got Siehara off to camp yesterday and only a bit later than she was supposed to, but that was because we had a nice lunch with my mom's friend in Wilkes-Barre.

Came home and crashed in an empty apartment.  Neither me, nor Skecher, knew what to do with ourselves.  

Working today til around 10-10:30.  I have to stop at the pharmacy and then I'm heading down to Lansdale to Freddy Hill Farms for our work offsite.  I hope the rain holds off long enough for us to have a little bit of fun.  The bosses are all driving down 4 hours from CT, so the least I can do is make the 45 minute drive down.  

Tonight, I have nothing planned except relaxing.  I'll go to synagogue tomorrow morning and then relax in the afternoon before a party at night. 

Hope everyone's Friday is fantastic!! 

My tracker

hers 

bvohl
on 6/23/11 11:40 pm
Good Morning Kathy and PA!

Kathy-I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers while you deal with this difficult time!

Steffi-Wait a minute- you're not trying to be the center of attention by posting roll call?? There is something wrong! Should I come over with some chicken soup?? LOL!!

Today is the LAST day of school with no children so it is VERY quiet! I am hoping to get out of here early, like say NOW!?!? Just kidding!! We have a staff meeting at 10am, then room inspections and key collection. After that, I may go out to lunch with one of my friends...Then home to my girl, get things together for our trip to NYC tomorrow, then I think dinner out is in order!!!

Have a great weekend peeps!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

swedeville1
on 6/23/11 11:55 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Im trying the "quick reply to original post" option at the bottom of the page. Lets see how this works.
Hey Kathy, I pray that you receive good news and the jourey isnt too difficult!!!
Steffi, your post gave me a good business idea. I think I might try to open up a salon for nails and hair and maybe even tanning and put it in a giant eagle or walmart or some place like that. I know they have hair places in walmart but wouldnt it be cool if you could get your nails done at the same place you get ur groceries? I dont know, sounds like a good idea to me but I am a man so maybe im missing something.
Anyway, I will work till 330 today. Helena is having a sleep over at her friends house so if we can pawn my son off on someone the misses and I might be able to do something. We already have plans to go to "thunder in the valley" (a motorcycle rally in Johnstown, PA) tomorrow so if we cant do something tonight we will get out tomorrow.
Thats about it for me. I hope everyone has a good friday and a good weekend.

Swede
Patricia R.
on 6/24/11 4:03 am - Perry, MI
Hey Swede,
The Walmart my nephew works at has a nail salon, but no hair salon.  I can put my car in for an oil change, and get my nails done while I wait.  Not a bad way to spend Saturday morning.  In fact, I need an oil change, so maybe I will do just that this weekend. 

I used to go to Johnstown all the time when I was married, and my ex's grandparents were alive.  They owned the Pleasant Valley Golf Course near Vintondale. 

Have a good weekend,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views