A Plan of Eating

jastypes
on 6/21/11 10:49 pm - Croydon, PA

I've been really struggling lately with food.  I have remained sugar free, but picked up those freakin' corn chips again, which are like crack cocaine to me!  I stopped planning my food for the day because I wasn't sticking to the plan anyway, so why bother?  I got frustrated, angry, scared... all the things I DON'T want to be. 

I need someplace I can be honest.  I go to OA with my daughter, and because I don't want my struggles (failures) to affect her amazing progress, I don't share them with anyone.  And, you know what they say?  You're only as sick as your secrets.  I'm a pretty sick woman at the moment.

For some reason, online sharing is so much easier for me than face-to-face or even telephone sharing.  So, here goes.  I'm starting over today with a plan.  Maybe it's not the best plan in the world, but it is a plan.  If I deviate, I'll let you know.

B - ham/egg/cheese on english muffin, coffee
L - meatballs and mozzarella
D - taco bake with 2 soft taco shells
S - watermelon

I'd love to hear what you are eating today, or if you have a routine plan of eating, or if you plan or don't plan.  I am struggling and I'm not afraid to let you people know.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

jastypes
on 6/21/11 10:54 pm - Croydon, PA
Oops!  See, I already left something out.  Lunch also includes strawberries.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Laureen S.
on 6/21/11 10:56 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Honesty is a good thing, not necessarily easy, but helps stay the course. . .

B - Cottage Cheese with salsa and hot sauce (like to spice things up)
S - Fresh cut cantalope, strawberries, orange and pineapple (3/4 of a cup)
L - Thin slice of chicken breast prepared by me at home, seasoned and cooked in nonstick pan, spinach, made with garlic and tiny bit of olive oil (from fresh spinach and garlic)
S- We are having a farewell party, I made the dips. . .so celery with buffalo chicken dip (which is made with lf cream cheese, lf cheddar cheese, chicken breast, hot sauce and lf ranch dressing)
D-Veggie Burger with sliced tomato and red onion salad
S-If any, fresh fruit

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bethmal
on 6/21/11 10:58 pm
RNY on 12/26/17
Hi Jill - I haven't planned for a l-o-n-g time.  I too am as sick as my secret.  Here is my plan for today.

B:  banana and blueberry smoothie (with my band I am super tight in the morning)
L:  turkey, bacon and avocado on whole wheat (1/2 of a sandwich left over from dinner last night)
D:  left over meatloaf and grilled squash OR leftover fajitas
S:  canteloupe

I just got pack from a 40 minute walk and will swim later today.

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

lynnc99
on 6/22/11 1:35 am
First I just have to say it. Throw out the corn chips. ALL of them.

I truthfully rarely plan my meals on paper but am in a pretty good routine for my eating. Here is today's lineup:

B - protein shake (Pure Protein 30 gm. protein in about 160 calories)
S - 2 tbsp. hummus on cucumber slices
L. - leftover chicken and lettuce wraps from lunch out on Monday
S - not sure yet - maybe another shake
D - chilled peel & eat shrimp
S - SF ice cream (which I am learning to control)

The thing that makes this whole business work for me is that I just don't buy the items I can't eat. So if I start grazing....it's more likely to be somethign like veggies....or I change my mind and just get some water.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views