Father's Day Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 6/19/11 5:25 am - Philadelphia, PA
Beth;

Sending you a hug, I understand your feelings about fathers day.  I'd prefer to never have to deal with my dad and brother, but Gene keeps me grounded and reminds me that someday dad won't be here. 

I heard the news about Clarence Clemons earlier this morning, soooo sad.....

Hugs...
Ida

IdaMae

Nicole0216
on 6/19/11 2:44 am - Lancaster, PA
Happy Fathers Day to all. I always struggle with this holiday. My dad is still around, alive and well. But he makes very little effort to be a part of my life unless it is convernient for him. Or it somehow benefits his agenda. Have not found an appropriate fathers day card for that yet. He is going to regret wasting the time he has, many I know would give anything to have more time with their father Jason included. His dad died when he was 10. Mine takes it all for granted very sad
IdaMae D.
on 6/19/11 5:22 am - Philadelphia, PA
Nicole;

I had the same problem yesterday finding a card for my dad.  Although I'm involved at times with my dad it is very limited and I just cannot allow myself to trust or feel safe with my dad or my brother.  Having Gene in my life has helped me to understand some of the dynamics and how they ended up as they did.  But when I needed my dad the most, he told my mom to get me out of the hosue and that I was never allowed back. 

So I found a card Gene said no you canont get that one it is totally innapropirate.  Then I found another that said happy father day enjoy your day.  I really, really , really wish they would make fathers day cards that allow me to acknowledge he is my dad however skip over all that mushy crap that is not applicable to him...

Hugs to you...

Ida

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 6/19/11 3:05 am - Whitehall, PA
 Just a quick drive by post...Happy Father's Day to all of you dads and grandpas and uncles out there... also to those women like me who have taken on the father role, too.. 

slept in til 10:30.  Felt great.

vacuumed the living room and cleaned the kitchen floor. 

made pumpkin granola..yummy!!

Step mom is here. She brought lunch and now we're headed to the pool to relax.  

She also brought some chicken she marinated and some corn on the cob.  We'll fire up the community grill when we get back from the pool and have dinner here while we await Tanya and Marshall's return. 

Tonight, getting Marshall back in sync with Tanta and headed to bed.  Last night, we got Siehara all packed for camp except for a few last minute things.  3 full days til she goes!!

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 6/19/11 5:15 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good Afternoon Beth & PA:

Church was awesome today.  Gene was worship leader with our pastor, love when the two of them work together.  Next week I'll be worship leader with a visiting pastor as our pastor is going to be away at youth camp.

I'm becoming more and more exhausted.  There are just not enough hours in the day to get everything done that needs doing.  Work, school, the house, spending time with my honey, it is becoming so overwhelming at times I jsut want to pull the blanket over my head and pretend I have absolutely nothing to do.    But I cannot do that.  So today I have to pack up my summer kitchen, tomorrow they are jackhammering through the entire basement floor to replace the sewer pipe from the house out to the street.  This is a major, major, major setback for our project.  Gene and I have to figure out what can wait to be finished in the house so it looks  like the 1st floor kitchen is going to have to wait, and the master bath will be waiting to be completed at a later date.  If my daughter decides to have her wedding here at the house, with the kitchen not being finished we'll have a room that can be used as a dance floor, it will have the hardwood floors in place just not the cabinets and appliances so would be a great room to put a DJ and the guests can dance.  Gene is a bit more upset about this set back than I.  He's not very good at switching gears, but as I've been pointing out all the positives of the change in plans he is slowly coming around. 

HOpe everyone has a great day....Happy Father's day to all the dad's out there...

Ida

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views