Father's Day Roll Call

bvohl
on 6/18/11 10:04 pm
Good Morning PA!!

Happy Father's Day to all of the great Dad's out there! Enjoy time with your family!!

Wow! I got to start roll call two days in a row!! YEAH ME!!

Yesterday was a busy day! Dee and I spent the day together. We went shopping, then treated both of us to pedi/mani. After the week I had, I DESERVED IT!! Had lunch then went to Walmart and found some really cute summer clothes for her and they were CHEAP! YEAH!!! I also got a pair of new sandals to go with my outfit that I am wearing on Tuesday for the 8th grade promotion.

Today is celebrating the Dads in our lives...Letting hubby sleep in, then will make pancakes for breakfast. Maybe let him get in a ride before we go to see my parents at the nursing home. Then it is out for dinner which is what hubby requested.

Have a GREAT FATHER'S DAY! Celebrate with family and friends!!

Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 6/18/11 10:31 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Beth and PA,
i got to see the Munchkins last night for an hour or so.  They arrived at my ex's in the late afternoon.  I posted a pic of my granddaughter, Isabel, in her fairy princess stuff on Facebook. 

My Dad is in heaven, and my brothers are also, so I have no Dads to celebrate with.  I will be going to church, then to an AA meeting, and then watching the Phillies game this afternoon. 

I need to pack a bag for the shore tomorrow.  My sis-in-law got a house down there, and I joining the kids down there after work tomorrow.  I may spend the night, and come home on Tuesday.  I just want to spend some time playing in the sand with my grandchildren, and watching them play in the water.

I hope everyone has a good day.  Love the Dads in your life, for you don't know how long you will have them. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

dit657
on 6/18/11 11:05 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning and Happy Fathers Day to all you dads out there. My dad has been gone a long time but still miss him like crazy. I'd like to think he's proud of me for taking care of my mom and getting my life together (I was a pretty good screw-up in my youth).

My vacation with Lacee is winding down. This is our last day in Florida. She's not ready to go back to Seattle and cold rainy weather. I'm ready to go home - missing hubby and the dog. If Lacee's family was still in Seattle I'm sure she'd be more anxious to go back, but they're in California now so it's just not the same. She is ready to move to Florida - she loves it here!

Spent time with my brother last night. He seems pale and very tired. I think they did a lot of cutting inside this week trying to get a biopsy from the mass in his chest. He meets with the surgeon on Tuesday to get the results. Praying it's good news.

Well I need to finish packing my suitcase and getting my things together. Back to real life tomorrow.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Lois G.
on 6/18/11 11:15 pm - Ashland, PA
Happy Fathers Day to everyone....................I have two ....one step and one real.....lol...it was twenty five years between talking to my real one, and now since l990 we have been very close and I appreciate him very much and grateful for my second chance with him...............my step dad and mom are in Atlantic city over night, thats what they wanted....83 AND 87....YEARS OLD....Paul is speaking at the rest home today at 2 and then we will have a cook out just the two of us....had a great week, back on track with all my issues and exercising...and it didn't SNOW....LOL...have a great day PA.........I miss florida............too...................Lois
Decolady
on 6/19/11 12:58 am - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Happy Father's Day, everyone!  That includes all the Moms who had to be fathers too sometimes!

I lost my Dad six years ago today, on Father's Day.  Still can't believe he is gone, I feel him around me all the time.

Today is extra special because FINALLY the scale this morning went under 200 lbs!!!  199.4!!  I am in ONEDERLAND!!  

Today I am working in the store until 4, then taking hubby out to dinner at a wonderful restaurant in Bethlehem.  Looking forward to this week - kicking it off tomorrow by driving out to Millersville and taking my son out to lunch, then up to Hershey to see THE MONKEES with Nicole and friends!!  HEY HEY HERE WE COME!!!  Proud to be a FIRST generation fan, even though I was VERY young in 1967!  LOL

Then on Wednesday I fly out to Dallas for The National Association of Resalers and Thrift Shop Conference.  Will be there through the weekend learning how to run a more profitable shop!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Peace,

Deb
Lois G.
on 6/19/11 4:04 am - Ashland, PA
Deb, where are the Monkees in Hershey playing?  thank you
Decolady
on 6/19/11 4:09 am - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Hi Lois, the Hershey Theatre
Lois G.
on 6/19/11 6:39 am - Ashland, PA
I looked on the site, wow they are sold out.......................I saw Mickey Dolenz up at the pocono's with the teen idol concert and then Davie at the schuylkill county fair......Peter Tork was at concert that I won his electric guitar and he signed it....saw all  of them, just not together.......lol..........hope you have a great time.....
Decolady
on 6/19/11 8:52 am - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Lois, they are also at a theater in the Poconos called Mt. Laurel in September, I just got tix for that too!
(deactivated member)
on 6/19/11 2:44 am
Good Morning ...

Survived yesterday at Kenny Chesney at was along day we tailgated starting at around noon got back home around midnight. Kenny was amazing and the best I ever saw him. 

Today we slept in to rest up because tonight we are going to see Sade. Talk about a mix of music on one weekend.  So I will veg all day and just hang out till we go to dinner then head to the show.

I am also feeling very sad at the loss of Clarence Clemons after the show last night I got my phone and saw many text of friends telling the news. He was very special to me and Dennnis & I had two really personal encounters with him that I will never forget!

While fathers day means nothing to me beause of the relationship my Dad and I had I do wish all the Fathers a happy day.

Life is Good.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views