What I learned on Vacation!!!!

swedeville1
on 6/18/11 10:58 am - Mount Pleasant, PA
So, this was my first vacation to the beach since I had my surgery and since I lost 150 pounds, and since I got my ass in shape with the help of P90x and persistence!!!  I learned that when I have to drive for 11 hours and need to get comfy in the car I can actually pull my knee up and put my foot on the seat i am sitting at.  Very comfy I must say!  I also learned that I can fit and sit in those little beach chairs right along with all my other family and not worry about breaking it, and I can take my shirt off and feel great about how I look.  I was the best looking and most fit member of my family!!!  What???  Get the hell out of here!  I played in the surf with my son and nephews, playing catch with a football and when I sat down Jen said "wow, you looked really good out there.  I thought who is that hot guy and then I realized it was my husband."  It was great to hear that!  It was just amazing to feel good about myself and to be able to walk wherever I wanted, to swim as long as I wanted, to just rip my shirt off and NOT FEEL SELF CONSCIOUS!!!  I'm wearing size xl shirts and shorts!  Oh yeah, I also didn't gain any weight while on vacation!  How does that happen?  Lol.  I had the best vacation of my life! 

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

Lisa0719
on 6/18/11 11:00 am - PA
Congrats!!!!  love the post!!!

104 lbs lost now Maintenance BABY!!!! 

Lisa H.
on 6/18/11 12:01 pm - Whitehall, PA
 What a great post, Swede!!  

I am so happy that you had such an awesome vacation with your family.  Your hard work has totally paid off!

My tracker

hers 

sandy L.
on 6/18/11 3:01 pm - Altoona, PA
Glad youns had a great time.

Patricia R.
on 6/18/11 8:10 pm - Perry, MI
Congratulations, Swede, that is awesome.  Keep up the good work.

Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 6/18/11 9:58 pm
Swede,

What an amazing vacation! Full of WOW moments!

You go!!!!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

dit657
on 6/18/11 10:55 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Swede I am so happy for you and your amazing accomplishments!! I think it's fantastic that you felt so confident and good about yourself - you should because you have literally worked your ass off!!

And while kids may not vocalize it I bet they're sonorous if you and so happy to have an 'active' dad in their lives.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Decolady
on 6/19/11 2:01 am - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Swede, what a great post!  LOVE hearing about your great WOW moments!

THANKS
Deb
jackie j
on 6/19/11 9:31 am - Glenmoore, PA
Way to go Swede!!!    I remember my first summer vacay and my husband was taking pics.   He took one of me and didn't know it was me until I was reviewing them and said "oh wow, I don't look so bad."   He looked over my shoulder and said "is that YOU?"  I didn't know it when I took the pic!......hmmmm, should I be pissed he was taking pics of women coming out of the ocean or happy that he focused on me???       Suck in all the compliments, you've really earned them!

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

kgoeller
on 6/19/11 10:14 am - Doylestown, PA
Swede,

Wow - i am SO happy that you had such a great experience.  You had such a rough time early on, and this just reinforces what the payoff is when you do the work and work the plan.  You've really accomplished so very much - congratulations and savor every second of that feeling!

Karen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views