FREAKING FANTABULOUS FRIDAY!!!!!

jastypes
on 6/16/11 10:50 pm - Croydon, PA
Good morning, PA Pals!  That 4 a.m. storm woke the puppy and me up.  We snuggled close and I couldn't get the poor girl off of my nec****il 6 a.m.  I went to wake my son up for school this morning (he's 23) and found not one, but two girls sleeping in his bed (fully clothed, thank you, God).  I guess they needed a place to crash. 

I've fallen off the food wagon and can't seem to get back on.  However, my daughter reminded me today that we have not eaten any sugar for 100 days, and I am going to count that as a success.  100 days sugar free.  Maybe now is the time to add/subtract another food or behavior.  I KNOW I don't drink enough -- I usually drink one cup of coffee and 1 glass of soda per day, and that's all.  I would like to pu****er back into my day.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Laureen S.
on 6/16/11 11:32 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Jill,

The storm woke me and Roxie girl at 3:30 and well that's all she wrote, I still dragged myself to the gym, otherwise I'd have felt badly. . .

Lack of fluids is sometimes felt as craving for food, perhaps if you drank more you'd feel less inclined to eat . . .  100 days sugar free is awesome. . .  kudos to you on that one.  I don't tolerate cold drinks well, except when it is above 80 degrees, so I drink decafinated coffee and teas to get in the fluids, or just room temp water. . .  or there are the old standbys, sugar free jello, sugar free pops, all fluids and you feel like you're eating something. . .  kicked the soda habit before surgery and until last fall had not touched the stuff and can count on my two hands how many times I've indulged in that one, just does not appeal to me unless I am using diet root beer and s/f vanilla ice cream to make a float, once in a while treat. . .

So great seeing you the other night. . . ;)

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

dit657
on 6/16/11 11:22 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning PA friends - I am relaxing this morning before heading down to the beach. My vacation with my granddaughter is winding down - just a couple more days before she heads back to Seattle and I go home to Philly. I'm really going to miss her - we've had a wonderful time.

I do believe I've found our next home down here in Port Orange. Now we just have to figure out how to make it all happen. And if it's meant to be we'll find a way.

So time to get my bathing suit on - my sister should be here shortly and it'll be time to stick our toes in the sand and the ocean.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 6/16/11 11:54 pm
I heard the storm yet stayed in bed just listening to it because I love storms like that I always have.
Seems my body is just used to being awake early so I got up watched Jennifer Hudson on the Morning show then Kenny Chesney on the Today show. I am in total Kenny mode as we go to see him tomorrow but we tailgate all day for this. We ordered our own tshirts and have an RV for the day. Going on the beer run today with my g/f Sharon then finalaize the food. Plus pack my bag for tomorrow get our hats ready. Yes Dennis has his own cowboy hat!. We are calling it the Kenny Compound.

I am sure we will hang low key tonight since tomorrow is a long day....There is a Waltons marathon on and I love them so that will work for me. We may hot up 369 for a little bit but still home early.

Lisa and Ida thank you for the replies about me being laid off. I am really at peace with it and doing ok. Least he did during the summer not the winter months!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!
Laureen S.
on 6/17/11 12:09 am - Maple Shade, NJ
I love storms like that too, just not on a work day (lol) when I need my beauty rest, darn storm woke up the Roxie and she never got scared before, but it was pretty intense by my house at 3:30 this morning and well that's all she wrote, been up since. . .  I tried to win Kenny tickets, but had no luck, have a great time, I remember tailgating though we didn't call it that at Dead shows. . .  so much fun, parking lot life, the people, the things to buy. . .  enjoy!!!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 6/17/11 4:33 am
Beth,

Sorry about being laid off...that stinks!! I am glad that you are at peace with it! Boy, you really are starting a new chapter, aren't you?? Well, I will be here to support you!!

MWAH!!!

Love, Beth V.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/11 7:11 am
Thank you Beth ...Yes seems to be new chapters all around me. Life is about change!

Love you too!
Sara E.
on 6/17/11 12:16 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Today I wor****il 4:30 then will be helping Caleb get ready for camp. 

I am in pre-surgery preparation mode.  I am trying to get Caleb ready for wilderness camp and pre-packed for summer week-long boy scout camp (as much as I can pre-pack), clean & organize the house to have it ready for me to be out of commission for a bit, all the bills paid up, and most of my work projects completed...  the list goes on & on.  I feel like I have so much to do and only 12 days to do it.  I am now 1/2 excited and 1/2 nervous for surgery - and I am kinda bipolar about it, flip flopping from one emother to the other.  Oy, vey!

Sara

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views