Terrific Thursday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 6/15/11 8:28 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning!

Last nights event was awesome.  Meeting and speaking with and getting to know some of the members *****ceived scholarships was very humbling.  The goals these folks have set for themselves simply amazing.

Today I'm back to the office, I'm exhausted.  Work till 4, then battle the Phillies and rush hour traffic to get home.  Leaving the office at 4 I should get home somewhere between 6 and 7 pm tonight.  I hate these afternoon games that let out at rush hour.

Gyn appt went well, doc said now that I'm healthy again, my body is producing eggs again because it's wanting to produce babies.  Thank goodness I had the hysterectomy prior to the surgery.  My blood test looking for the ovarian cancer gene came out good, no markers.  My vitamin D is low normal so I have to get out into the sun more often.

Found the piece of granite for the kitchen yesterday - of course I'd pick out the most expensive piece in the yard.  So now I need to figure out if we want to spend the extra or do we want to start from square one and figure out a new piece for the kitchen. 

Hope everyone has an awesome day...

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 6/15/11 8:56 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Ida and PA,
I was wiped out after work yesterday.  Totally beat. 

This morning I am heading for a half day of training, CPR training.  After work, I have to stop at the lab for bloodwork.  I need to make sure I have the immunity to Chicken Pox and Hepatitis B.  I have had the shots for Hep B, but do not remember getting the Chicken Pox.  I took care of my kids when they had it, but did not get sick.  If I do not have the immunity, I need to get the shot. 

After the labwork, it is home for the Phillies game.  Utleyis staying home today.  He went to camp yesterday and Monday.

Have a cool day everyone.  Stay hydrated.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Liz R.
on 6/15/11 9:04 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning - it's been a rough week at work, but it's almost over! the end of this project is in sight and that makes me very happy.

Today after work I need to stop at Target for a few things, fathers day cards, baby wipes nothing too exciting. Then headed home to make dinner and hang with Mia. I want to get out for a walk tonight. She's been so fidgety in the evenings I need something to keep her occupied.

Have a great day all!

Liz
Lisa H.
on 6/15/11 10:04 pm - Whitehall, PA
Morning Ida.. I have to admit I had a little chuckle when I read that your body wants to produce babies..  Glad there are no markers for the Cancer, now get out in the sun!

This morning has had me up getting chili into the crock pot, getting Siehara off to school, changing a diaper, making a bottle and putting Max & Ruby on the TV.  Marshall and Tanya are relaxing in my bed while I sit here getting started on the rest of my day.  Tanya is doing really well.  We went out to CVS and Wegman's yesterday and she did really well. 

I believe she slept most of the night last night and she's sound asleep now.  Today is shower day, so she is more than thrilled about that!  I washed her hair over the sink yesterday and she was ecstactic about that, so I can imagine her reaction after a shower today!

Today has me working, taking care of them, and taking Siehara to tutoring.. It was canceled yesterday and today will probably be the last one before camp, unless we get one last one in before she leaves.  We'll see.  So, while she is at tutoring, I'll take Marshall to the park for the walk we were going to go on yesterday unless the weather doesn't hold up.  Tanya wants to go to Weis' to pick up some sale/couponed pods for my Keurig, so maybe we'll just do that while she is in tutoring.  We'll see.  I can't plan my days like normal, so winging it will work, too.  

Hope everyone has a great day!!

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 6/16/11 6:25 am - Philadelphia, PA
Baby's at 53 yrs old would not have been cool.  I love kids/babies, however just the though of an infant full time Oh my!!!!!!!

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 6/15/11 10:27 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Ida, PA,

Glad your event was awesome and I hear you, I hit the traffic last night on my way up to Barix. . .

I am starting this day invigorated and feeling quite upbeat, part of it is the results of wonderful meeting we had at Barix last night and the other is getting myself to the gym this morning.

I'm at work, will be hitting a noontime AA meeting and this evening will find me having dinner with a co-worker friend, then home to hang with poor Roxie girl, as this week has had me on the run, I'll make it up to her tomorrow since I have summer hours tomorrow and get out of work at 3:30 instead of 4.

Wishing you all the best day possible, make good choices!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

steffihope
on 6/15/11 11:08 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Ida - body wants to produce babies......
Sorry - just the thought of that!!!!!!!!

Ok, I am better - I have regained my composure... , no really - I have! :)

I am at school. Surrounded by.....the pure bliss of NOTHINGNESS!!!!!!!!!!!  I will have students from 9:15-10:35.  Then I am free for the rest of the day - well, not free, but sans students! :)  WAHOO!!!!!!

After school I am getting my hair colored and cut and then possibly marketing as there is NOTHING in the house.  I soooo wish there was a Wegman's near here - I really like that market.  then tonight, I don't know what the hell to do as the Phillies are playing this afternoon and NOT tonight....I guess interacting with my children???  Nah - there is always facebook! :)

Oh and last night's game - I have to tell you - I was soooo torn about going to the game knowing that it was Dennis' last night as grand poobah, however, it was a really really fun game! I stayed til the end and was soooo glad I did.  What a finish!  (Yes, they won in extra innings!)  I was there with FB Hubby and we laughed and cheered and had a good time. Even though I didn't see anyone else that I knew - how is it that four bazillion people post on fb that they are at a game and I see NO ONE??!!  I know lots and lots of people?!?! sheesh!!!!!  And really, they should have seen me - after all, I was the one in the Phillies Jersey!!!!!  AND, I had on a red Phillies baseball hat too!  Doesn't that make me stand out just a little?!?! :)

Happy Thursday all! :)
IdaMae D.
on 6/16/11 6:23 am - Philadelphia, PA
If you wanted to see somthing really funny Gene's facial expression was priceless when I told him that news

IdaMae

bvohl
on 6/15/11 11:47 pm
Good Morning Ida and PA!!

Ida-SO GLAD that your bloodwork came back clear!!!! Babies???REALLY??? LOL!!!!

Last nights meeting was really one of the BEST meetings that I have been to. Seeing so many people come out to join in celebrating all of the caring and kind ways of a wonderful man, Dennis! It was also nice to celebrate my 2 year surgiversary! Pulling out those old clothes is REALLY an eye opener for me! It makes me realize just how far I have come and that I NEVER want to go back!!!!!  Hearing Dennis' daughter sing was an extra special treat!! You could hear a pin drop while she was singing, but with a voice like hers I am not surprised!!  As Laureen said, I am definitely feeling reenergized!!!

Today is wor****il 3:30, then need to stop at the store for some things, then home to pick up the child, dinner, relax and bed!!

That is it for me!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 6/16/11 6:24 am - Philadelphia, PA
yup babies, could you imagine being pregnant at 53 yrs old.....Oy Vey.  My daughters would have been very upset I think, my baby is 30 yrs old....

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views