So let's just call it Day 44 - report your exercise for today/weekend herew!

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/11 1:55 am - Eastern, PA
Today sees me back on the pavement, running a 42 minute 5k in the morning. Headed down to the weightroom in a few minutes over my lunch. Chest/abs day.

Sunday was a day of rest, because Saturday, after my intense period of training, I particpated in and completed the Warrior Dash, a 3.5 mile outdoor obstacle course. I finished 671 out of 743 in my age division, and 7110/8262 overall. My time was not great, but I completed every obstacle and got a great workout. Even scaled the terrifying 12 foot wall.

I am not a fast runner, but I'm steady, and I have to say I'm surprised by how absolutely NOT SORE I am from the event. If nothing else, I am used to taking a beating and recover pretty well.

I stopped at the high school today, and purchased a pass to start running on the rubberized track in an effort to decrease wear and tear on my ****ty left hip.

So how about you guys? Anything on tap for today? How about over the last weekend.

And let's all be envious of Swede who is on vacation and soaking in a kiddie pool somewhere.
Lisa H.
on 6/13/11 3:13 am - Whitehall, PA
 Way to go completing the warrior dash, Norm!! That rocks!!

Tonight I will head to the gym for Zumba and Body Combat!! 

I love Mondays at the gym!

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 6/13/11 3:56 am - Philadelphia, PA
Swede....soaking in a kiddie pool.....hahahahahahahaha.....the visual.....it is kililng me! :)  LOVE IT!!!! :)
lynnc99
on 6/13/11 3:58 am
Congratulations Norm!

Saturday I did an hour aerobics class. Sunday I had planned to walk outside but weather (tornado warnings and very high humidity) kept me in. (I know, excuses excuses!)

But last week was very good because I hit 6 hours of exercise time - always my goal!

Today I walked 45 minutes outside - it's beautiful! - and I may go out again before the day is done.

The week's schedule will make exercise a bit of a challenge, so let's see how we do!
gmom62
on 6/13/11 4:14 am - Clifton Heights, PA
Hi Norm,

Awesome job on the Warrior Dash!  I would have never gotton over the 12 foot wall so yeah you for finishing and NOT being sore!! 

Lets see, Friday I did my usual 3 mile walk in the morning.  I was going to try to head to the gym but I had too much to get done Friday and Saturday for a baby shower on Sunday.

Saturday, again only did 3 miles.  My intention was to do 3 in the morning and 3 in the evening but the time got away from me and before I knew it I was eating dinner at 7:30.

Sunday did nothing!  This morning, it was fabulous outside so I walked my 3 miles.  It was just lovely.  Tonight I intend to buy myself a new pair of sneakers.  I'm getting running shoes so I can do a little more jogging/face paced walking. 

My intention is to work up to intervals of 1 mile jogs with 1 mile walks working up to my half marathon of 13.1 miles. Which I want to complete in 3 hours.

Hope to hear from y'all tomorrow.
Cyd

Lisa0719
on 6/13/11 6:20 am - PA
Saturday did the gym routine ---- cardio and arms/abs.  Today I was at the gym again with cardio and legs/abs.  Sunday was a rest day but I did take a bike ride with the grandkids and was in the pool with them for quite a while.

104 lbs lost now Maintenance BABY!!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views