Son is in the hospital in Pittsburgh and I am here

Patricia R.
on 6/7/11 9:21 am - Perry, MI
Yesterday, my baby boy, Sean, age 28, posted on Facebook that he was in the emergency room  Nothing else.  I tried calling his cell, but it was turned off.  I was rattled, to say the least.  It was a few hours before his girlfriend called me to say that he was admitted to UPMC Shadyside, for an infection.  He had a sibacious(sp?) cyst, and it had abscessed.  He posted a pic on Facebook of his face, all bandanged up, coz the cyst was on his chin.  Today he said they were checking to see if the infection was MRSA or staph.  They are talking about discharging him tomorrow. 

Tonight I got to call him and told him I was rattled by the posting on Facebook.  He argued that if I had read his status the day before, I would not have worried.  He had posted the day before that he was going to a clinic on Sunday to get the cyst looked at.  I had forgotten about that posting yesterday, till I learned why he went to the ER.

I would appreciate your prayers for my son.  He lives in Pittsburgh, and I hate being so far from my babies when stuff like this happens. 

Thanks,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

sandy L.
on 6/7/11 1:05 pm - Altoona, PA
 That's an awaful way to find out, even if he did post the day before.  I feel so bad for you.  Will pray everything comes back ok.

Liz R.
on 6/7/11 8:53 pm - Easton, PA
A mothers brain doesn't think totally clearly when she reads her child is in the ER! I agree it was a terrible way to find out but I am glad that he is OK and hope that he comes home today.
bvohl
on 6/7/11 9:08 pm

((HUGS)) Trish!! He should have called you right away to tell you what was going on! Kids?? They never do stop making us worry!?!?

Love, Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Nicole S.
on 6/7/11 10:08 pm - York Haven, PA
Prayers sent your way....keep us posted!!

Surgery 355  / Current 246 / Goal 199.9

dit657
on 6/7/11 10:30 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Lots of hugs coming your way, Trish, and prayers for your son. Praying that it is just an infection - my daughter and I both deal with MRSA and it is nasty stuff - she's gotten it much worse than I ever have, but even a mild case must be taken care of properly.

And while Facebook and Twitter and all that other social media are good for some things, posting on there about being in the hospital in lieu of calling your family (especially your mom!) is just not acceptable. Once he's through this I'd have a nice long conversation with him explaining that. I know there have been times my daughter has hidden hospital visits from me until the 'crisis' is over and I'm never happy about it!

And yes, it's horrible being so far away - it's that feeling of helplessness and it can be overwhelming. So take care of yourself through all this.

Hugs, Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bosscoupe65
on 6/7/11 10:44 pm - N Huntingdon, PA

Good thoughts and prayers coming both your sons way and yours.   I do live about 20 mins from Shadyside Hospital and just to let you know, it is a very good hospital so I am sure he is getting the best treatment.

IdaMae D.
on 6/8/11 11:15 am - Philadelphia, PA
Trish;

I can relate, my daughters do the same thing post on facebook rather than pick up the phone.

Sending you and your son prayers.

Ida

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views