Thirsty Thursday Roll Call

Lisa H.
on 6/8/11 9:15 pm - Whitehall, PA
 It's going to be a scorcher so make sure you are staying hydrated and not getting thirsty.  By then it's too late...

Today is going to be a nice day for me... no work due to Shavuot--(Agriculturally, it commemorates the time when the first fruits were harvested and brought to theTemple, and is known as Hag ha-Bikkurim (the Festival of the First Fruits). Historically, it celebrates the giving of the Torah at Mount Sinai, and is also known as Hag Matan Torateinu (the Festival of the Giving of Our Torah).

After services, I will head to Walgreens to see if they have a few items I have rainchecks for.  From there, I think I am going to head to a pool that is near the synagogue.  The one in my complex is only open on weekends until school is over (June 17).  

Tonight a friend of mine is sleeping over since she will be working in Whitehall today and tomorrow.  Looks like my apartment is becoming the perfect place for friends to stay and I love the company!

My intent for the evening is to go to the gym for Body Pump and Pilates.  Though, I was invited to a 31 party that Siehara's tutor is having and have considered going there.  My reasoning for NOT going there would be because I don't have any extra money to spend and don't want to just go to eat her food and drink her wine.   I'm sure the best option for me is to hit the gym like a good girl!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day and remember to drink your water!!!!!!

My tracker

hers 

Patricia R.
on 6/8/11 9:48 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Lisa,
I woke up with a headache and it is killing me.  I think I kept waking up, and that caused me to not get a decent night's sleep.

Today I will walk Utley, which I dread.  Then, hit an AA meeting.  I had slacked off on getting there, and did make one yesterday.  I want to get back on track.  After that, I have an appointment with my podiatrist to see if the x-ray showed anything and to follow-up because my swelling was bad at my last visit. 

After the doctor's visit, I will hit the gym for a swim.  I am trying to get my exercise in, other than walking Utley. 

This  afternoon, I will get back to sewing snaps on Lincoln's coveralls.  They are tedious, and I messed one up and have to rip it out and do it over.  The whole project takes six snaps, which are two pieces each.  It is very time consuming, and frustrating.  Then, I have two buttons for the straps.  I put snaps on the straps, and then put a button on for decoration.  Snaps are easier to do when dressing him.  They are also easier than sewing button holes. 

I admire your dedication to your faith.  I love learning about the traditions and history of Judaism.  Thanks for sharing about today's Holy Day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

dit657
on 6/8/11 9:59 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good HOT morning Lisa and Trish - Lisa, I have to echo Trish's sentiments on your faith and how much I am learning about the Jewish faith from you and Beth on these boards! It's wonderful!!

I'm at work - my last day before vacation officially starts tomorrow. I got all my clothing boxed up and shipped off to my sister yesterday - that way I just have to use a carry-on for the plane and not check a bag so I can wait at the gate for my granddaughter.

Last night I went through my closet and pulled out a bunch of designer pocketbooks I have and cleaned them up to take to a consignment shop near me - some were my mom's and are too small for me to use and none of the girls wanted them, so I'll see if I can get anything for them.

Tomorrow will be busy - 9:30 mani/pedi appointment - 11:00 ortho doctor appointment to see if I can get a cortisone shot in my left arm. From there I'll go to the consignment shop in Chadds Ford. At 3:00 I have a hair appointment at a new salon (wish me luck!!) - I'm using them because I got a $25 gift card in the mail. My hair is a mess right now and needs color and cut desparately!

That's it for me - stay cool, stay hydrated, stay healthy!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 6/8/11 10:52 pm
Good Morning Lisa and PA!!

I am hot already!!! I am covering classes today because the other music teacher went on a class trip. Her room is a hot box!! So, it will be movie day because I have a TON of paperwork to do! Of course this is the second week in a row that I get her BUSIEST day to cover! But it is better than having to cover sixth graders that were left behind from the trip!?!

Today we have another early dismissal, going home for a bit, then I have my two year checkup with Dr. Marymor. After that I will pick up the child, homework, dinner, and relaxing in the AC!!

Thank goodness tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!

Stay hydrated and stay cool!!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

steffihope
on 6/8/11 11:09 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Lisa - Chag Sameach to you!  I am home today.  I was off yesterday for the Holida and was at the synagogue to be part of  my son becoming Confirmed.  It was an amazing time and the kids were terrific and led a beautiful service and As their teacher I was so proud of the young men and women they had become.

Today is a day of things to catch up on - have to get my grading done.  I knew that if I was in school, it would have not happened, so here I sit, ignoring what has to be done, however, it is air conditioned in my house so THAT is a win! :)  Sent Emily and Josh to school today - they have early dismissals due to the weather.  Molly is at the Psychiatrist and due to the early dismissal, we are letting her stay home.  Even though HER building is air conditioned! :)

This afternoon I finally have MY psychiatrist appointment.  I am hopeful that there will be SOMETHING that will help my awful mood swings.  I know that I need to NOT put all my faith in a pill, but it HAS to be a start right?!?!

Tonight, Larry is back to work for 4 in a row.  Phillies are on and looks like I will be planted in front of the TV.

Happy Thursday all! :)
(deactivated member)
on 6/8/11 11:29 pm
Thinking of you today ..let me know how it goes.
**hugs**
Cherish F.
on 6/8/11 11:39 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Yawn, stretch.
Good morning!

Had a great night with some of the girls last night. Got stuck in the Phillies traffic coming home, so I detoured through Center City. I need to get downtown more. I forgot how much I love it!
So, I ended up home kinda late, then couldn't sleep. Barely awake over here today.

Have to run to the library at lunch today, then after work tanning then mani/pedi with my Mamma. I am in full on PMS mode and have been craving a cheesesteak for a few days. So after we get done we are going to split one for dinner. This way I can satisfy the craving without being alone with a whole cheesesteak. Yum!

Have a great day guys.
~ Cherish
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/11 11:41 pm
Good Morning Steamy Sidekicks! 

Last night after work had a few girlfriends come over and boy did we have some laughs. Along with turning my living room into a fitting room. I love having people over to visit and spend time with them. I always want my house to feel like a home and it does a pretty good job.

Today I am in work my boss is already on my last nerve and I want to go home it is just 9:30 not going to bea good day. I am scooting out to order our Tshirts for Kenny Chesney next week. There is a total of 30 of us going next week so it will be a fun day for sure.

Then after work I think I will run to Target to get something for my night stand I saw the other day then make my way home to veg for the evening. Thinking of something cool to make for dinner once Den gets home then just chill since it looks like a busy weekend and week next week. I thought I was slowing down??? UGH! 

Also in work I need to do some dj work which I will not miss once it is done and it even looks like I have two people that maybe willing to learn the job for Kim to replace me.

Life is Good.
jojobear98
on 6/9/11 5:11 am - Gettysburg, PA

Oh, have fun at the concert! I tried and tried but was unable to score a pair to get Johnny for Father's day. All the ones around here for sale were for Maryland. LOL

Take lots of pics, I can't wait to see all the tailgating fun!

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/11 5:28 am
If anything happens to come up within our group this week I will let you know. I know it is next Saturday but you never know if we have an extra tickets appear.
Right now there is 30 of us going..we have an RV and the party planning is in full effect.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views