Feeling fine on day 39! 90 day challenge post

swedeville1
on 6/7/11 9:25 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Good morning all you worker outers.  Today I will be going down to the gym at lunch time to do a chest and abs workout.  Beach season is upon us and we all have to look our best.  Haha.  I ended up installing another glass block window in my basement last night and didnt do a formal workout.  Although, swinging a 5 pound sledge hammer is no easy task, so at least I got that going for me.  I only have one window left but I think its going to have to wait until I get home from vacation.  I have to get everything packed up and I have to mow the lawn before we leave on friday.

Oh yeah, Im going to need some help getting this Challeenge posted everyday while im on vacation.  I just dont think I will be making it a priority while im away.  So, any help would be appreciated.  Remember, Im the one taking vacation, so no slack assing while im away...you know who you are!!!

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

gmom62
on 6/7/11 9:30 pm - Clifton Heights, PA
Morning to all my sweatin' partners!

Sooo glad I walked my 3 miles this morning.  It's going to be to dang hot later today to do anything! That's all I'm doing today. Have plans for a girls night out tonight so no gym time for me.  I'll make up for it tomorrow.

Please stay hydrated today folks.

See ya,
Cyd

lynnc99
on 6/8/11 1:20 am
Did an hour in the pool for Water in Motion class - added extra challenge for the abs today.
(deactivated member)
on 6/8/11 5:19 am - Eastern, PA
I will make sure we get an exercise post, at least during the week. I lay no claim for the weekend!

Today is my rest day from the weightroom, so I ran my 5k this morning in 42 minutes, and that's it for me.
swedeville1
on 6/8/11 11:09 am - Mount Pleasant, PA
Thanks brother!

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

Lisa H.
on 6/8/11 5:21 am - Whitehall, PA
 slack ass reporting for duty SIR... 

I will be at the gym tonight doing some strength training followed by Body Combat class!!

Stay hydrated everyone!

My tracker

hers 

lynnc99
on 6/8/11 5:34 am
So Lisa, I did a mat Pilates class last night for the first time. Its a very different workout! I can see where I have a lot to do to gain the level of core strength that I could. And it was a "quiet" type of class.

What do you find most appealing about Pilates? You have stuck with it for some time, am I right?

I am just so accustomed to the intense, sweaty workouts....I wasn't sore after pilates but my muscles were definitely warm!
Lisa H.
on 6/8/11 11:38 am, edited 6/8/11 11:52 am - Whitehall, PA
Hey Lynn, glad you gave it a chance.  

It sounds like you found the right class..  it does take some getting used to but it is sooo worth it in the end.  Pilates is about flexibility, strength and stretch.  You are building long lean muscles.  If the class is done right, you will strengthen and stretch the muscles enough during the class that you will not be sore when you leave.  BUT, you will see the results.  

My body shape-shifted since taking pilates.  I am much more flexible and can tell the difference in the shape of my muscles.  It is not about building bulky muscles, but long lean dancer's muscles.  

This side by side is my favorite proof of what pilates has done for me.  On the left is my "before" pilates shot and on the right is "after".  What do you think?   There is about an 8 month difference in the pics, I think.    The date on here is not accurate.   By the way, the scale did not move at all during this time period...

PhotobucketPhotobucket

My tracker

hers 

Lisa0719
on 6/8/11 8:38 am - PA
I had an all day meeting away from my normal location and had to leave early and just got home.  I am exhausted but am going to do my treadmill in my airconditioned bedroom on full blast while watching the Phillies game.

104 lbs lost now Maintenance BABY!!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views