Wednesday Roll Call

Patricia R.
on 6/7/11 9:10 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning PA,
Nobody posted yet?  Wow.

Today I am definitely making my AA meeting at 9 a.m.  Then, I have an appointment at the pain doc's office.  Other than that, I am tidying my apartment and finishing my grandson's coverall shorts.  The snaps I am sewing on are tedious to say the least. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lynnc99
on 6/7/11 9:15 pm
HI Trish,
I hope your son is home today and on the mend from his hospitalization!
Just a work day for me, with some water aerobics later today. The roofers will be back today (had to wait for some supplies) - so I may bring them some Gatorade.
MIke is home from his trip so I'll think of something to cook for dinner too. Can't grill tonight because the deck will very likely be in the path of the roofing.
My eating was better yesterday but I do think I am eating too much, even spread out through the day. Have to do a log to be sure of exactly what I'm doing.
Take care everyone!
gmom62
on 6/7/11 9:36 pm - Clifton Heights, PA
Good morning pa peeps!

Ohhh is it going to be hot today!!!  I am NOT riding my scooter to work today.  Just too hot outside to be wearing a helmet!!

Lets see this morning, I've been outside for my 3 mile walk.  Had to get that in before it heats up later today.  Work till 5 than off to a wonderful friends house for dinner and girl time with some great friends!!!

Sent my son off to work with two bottles of Gatorade and a gallon of water.  He works at a car wash so he's out in the elements all day. 

Stay hydrated today folks!

Have a good one!

Cyd

swedeville1
on 6/7/11 9:40 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Hey Trish and PA.  I started roll call just after you did so I moved my post over here.  I hope your son is doing ok and recovering fine.  I had one of those cysts removed from my neck.  Everything worked out fine for me so I hope the same goes for your son. 

Today I work till 330 then its time to head home and start to make a list of crap that needs packed for the trip to Myrtle Beach.  Im sooo excited about going!!  I cant wait to just be away from work and all the other mundaness (made up word? probably)  of life in South West PA.  Ahhhhh.

How is the world treating all of you?

Stay hydrated yall!!!!!

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

Nicole S.
on 6/7/11 10:13 pm - York Haven, PA
Good Morning PA!!

Hope everything works out for your son Trish!!

So starts summer vacation for my kiddos....I will have a total of 10 kids in my house today including my own!!!  I love it!!  I might need a strong drink by tonight though....

Gonna take oldest son for a follow up appt about ADD then gonna make the 1.5 hour drive to my momma's to drop my oldest daughter off for a week.

THink I will definitely crash tonight when I get home!!

Have a great day all!!

Surgery 355  / Current 246 / Goal 199.9

lauraanne715
on 6/7/11 10:27 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good morning Pa!!!

Trish--hope all is well with your son and that he is now on the mend!

As for me--I am at wor****il 1:30 (early dismissal due to the heat--although not much of an early dismissal if you ask me!) Giving two Final Exams to my second graders and then if there is time before dismissal may put on a Veggie Tales video for them.  Then it will be off to pick up the hubby and head home to get the laundry away , do dishes, and mark the two exams I gave today. Pretty boring! Early to bed for me...these long hot days are killer!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!! Stay cool!!

Much luv!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

dit657
on 6/7/11 10:35 pm - Boothwyn, PA

Good morning everyone - welcome to another heat wave in southeastern PA!! My sister called last night from Florida - they were in the low 80's and we're in the high 90's? What's wrong with this picture? LOL!!

I'm at work - tomorrow is my last day before vacation. Last night I got my clothing together for my trip to Florida and have everything rolled and in bags or tissue paper to ship down today or tomorrow. I need a BIG box!! I worked on that stuff a while last night but it feels good having it done - the only thing I'll have to take on the plane is my make-up, meds, and personal stuff. Not checking a bag because I want to be able to wait at Lacee's gate and she arrives about an hour after I do.

Not much else going on - just work. Tonight I need to tend to my flowers and outdoor plants - hoping to get some cleaning done. Might do that before tending the outdoor stuff so I can wait til the sun goes down a bit.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 6/7/11 10:42 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Morning Trish, PA. . .

Yes, when I looked earlier today I was wowed that no one had started the thread here or on the Over Fifty Forum, so I started the Over Fifty Forum and figured that you or someone else would start up here soon, though I love reading all the posts, I don't like to be greedy (lol)...

Glad you heard what I told said yesterday, hope all goes well with your pain doc and it's certainly a good day to be indoors doing indoor stuff. . . put my AC on last night because the house was at 84 degrees and Roxie was going from place to place trying to be cool, she is a smart one, goes down in the basement and lies on the concrete or in my bathroom on the tiled floor, so it took a little while for it to cool down, but thankful to have it and woke up this morning and it was a nice 76 degrees, which is about as cool as I go, think I programmed it for 78 during the day.

I'm here at work and after work am going to celebrate Avery Grace's 4th birthday, so hard to believe that she is 4 today, she woke up on Monday and declared that this was her birthday week to her parents, what a hoot, can you imagine what she will be like at 12?  Anyway her choice of birthday dinner is corn dogs, mac n cheese and birthday cake, hmmm, now doesn't that sound yummy (lol).  I bought her a cute "pink" baby carriage, as that is what she wanted and for now anyway, what Avery wants and I can get, she gets . . .  that's my day today, it's a day off from the gym and AA meetings.

Hope you all stay cool and have a wonderful day!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 6/8/11 5:35 am - Perry, MI
Thanks Laureen,
I did make my meeting this morning, and am so glad I did.  There were two women there that are struggling, like I was.  Kept it green for me.  I gave one of them my number.  I believe the other woman has it already. 

Thanks for the kick in the butt.  I will be able to make one tomorrow morning as well.  Thank God the clubhouse is air conditioned. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Lisa H.
on 6/7/11 10:59 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Ok, I'm already having a lovely day.. it's definitely hot outside.  I have my fan on, along with my AC.  

I could not get onto my work computer this morning for about an hour, I woke up with a head cold, and who knows what else will happen.  I'm trying to stay positive that there will not be a #3 event. 

Working til 3:30, Siehara has PT at 4.  Tonight is Body Combat at the gym.  

Other than that, I'll probably make another run to Staples with my $3 off coupon and buy $3 worth of stuff so I can get it free.  (well $6 worth, since I'll have Siehara with me to make her own purchase) There are lots of little goodies there that are needed that we can pick up there.  

I've started going through Siehara's clothes to see what she needs for camp and it seems that all she really needs are shorts and sneakers.  She has tons of t-shirts, only needs a few pair of long pants and sweater/sweatshirts.  We will have to hit the Good Will soon to see if we can find the shorts and then have to hit another store at some point for sneakers. 

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views