So, Day 38 it is!

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/11 3:08 am - Eastern, PA
I guess I'll get the ball rolling. I just returned to my desk a while ago after my 3o inute bicep/calf workout. Upped my weights on a few exercises, and certainly feeling it at the moment.

I also ran a 42-minute (ugh) 5k this morning. Lingering hip pain has added some minutes to my time, but it looks like it's going to be that way for a while. Starting a regimen of Osteo-Biflex and some essential oils to see if that alleviates some of the issue.

Mary and I took a nice walk around town last night as well. It was fun and relaxing.

I'm super excited. This Saturday, I'm participating in the Warrior Dash, a 3.5-mile outdoor obstacle course. Registering for this is what got me trainig outside again. I know I'm ready for it, and I can't wait to run in it!

So wassup with everybody else.
Laureen S.
on 6/7/11 4:22 am - Maple Shade, NJ
I'm not on a day anything here, but often think of you and what taught me so well that I can pick this tool up and work it anytime, which is what I have been doing lately, including the most key part for me, which is exercise. . .  I hear your voice in my head often enough. . .  miss you and the wife, hope to see you guys somewhere one of these days. . .

Laureen

P.S.  Thanks for the Zuma Fortune Cookies, I can't share a lot of things, seems like my computer hangs up when I try to share stuff :(

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

swedeville1
on 6/7/11 5:15 am - Mount Pleasant, PA
Thanks for starting this NAM!  I was a little busy this morning.  So, I didnt do anything last night.  I got home and rushed the boy to his baseball game which didnt end until 730.  Then I ran over to my BIL house to load the Harley into the trailer to get it ready to be taken to Myrtle Beach for vacation.  By the time I got home it was 1030 and I hugged the kids and put them to bed then vegged out for a bit and went to bed.  I dont know if I will have time tonight to do anything either.  SIGH.  Life is getting inthe way again.  I will have to make it a priority to work out tonight.  Wish me luck! 

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

gmom62
on 6/7/11 6:37 am - Clifton Heights, PA
Hi Norm!

Your Warrior Dash sounds like fun and exhausting all at the same time.  Just one question.  Are you stetching those hips really good after your run?  I know when I started walking/jogging, they were my issue as well.  I looked on the internet for some really good stretches to do.  I've been doing two or three of them consistantly.  They seem to work for me anyway.  Just trying to help.

Anyway, I walked my 3.5 miles this morning.  In about 20 minutes when I'm done here at work, I plan on going to the gym to work on my arms and abs.

Not looking forward to the next few days of hot humid morning walks but it beats walking in the evening.

Have a good one.  Till tomorrow.

Cyd

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/11 8:53 am - Eastern, PA
I literally do no stetches before or after my run. Heh.

Would you direct me to where you looked for hip stretches, please. That might help.
gmom62
on 6/7/11 9:58 am - Clifton Heights, PA
Hi Norm,

Runnersworld.com is very good. 

I had also googled exercises for hip stretching.  My favorite is a yoga pose.  I think it's warrior 1.  It's actually for the legs but I can feel it in my hips as I lean into it.

Good luck. 

Happy stretching!

lynnc99
on 6/7/11 9:48 am
Did my first ever Pilates class tonight. Interesting....not the kind of sweaty workout I am used to but definitely got my muscles and core warm, and definitely will build strength!
Lisa0719
on 6/7/11 10:36 am - PA
Went to gym and beat my own record on the eliptical . . . its not steller but loved that it was my personal best!!!!  Also did abs and legs stuff!!!! 

104 lbs lost now Maintenance BABY!!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views