Tuesday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 6/7/11 9:03 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Laura - now to wait for the grade and see if I move on to the next class!

IdaMae

dit657
on 6/6/11 10:28 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Morning all - hope you get to relax soon, Ida! You've been going full tilt for a while now. Glad your dad is doing better - I hope he follows through with the instructions from the doctors.

I'm at work - short week for me since Thursday is my last day before my vacation starts and I'm getting very anxious now! Going to do a little shopping at lunchtime today - need a few things for summer and my trip. Love vacations - always an excuse for me to shop (not that I need one - LOL!!).

Trying to line up all of my appointments for Friday so Saturday I can clean the house good, get some dinners together for hubby, and relax. Need a mani/pedi, get my hair done, I have a dr's appt scheduled to see if I can get another cortisone shot in my left arm since it's acting up again. If I can get all that done Friday that'll be great.

Gonna start getting warmer today - stay hydrated and don't overdo it in the heat.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
IdaMae D.
on 6/7/11 9:06 am - Philadelphia, PA
Kathy,
I see no relaxing in my near future.  Too much going on with the house, dad, work, and school.  Dad is doing better, they are talking about moving him down to a transition floor.
Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 6/6/11 11:00 pm
Good Morning Ida and PA!!

Glad that your presentation went well and that the class is over! Also glad that your Dad is improving.

Today I will continue to work on end of the year stuff! Wor****il 3:30 unless they let us out early because of the heat? I am sure tomorrow and Thursday will be early days since it will be in the mid 90's!! After work, I MUST do Zumba on the Wii, watch my soap, figure out what to make for dinner, homework, bath and bed. Last night I used the rotisserie chicken that I got from Sam's club and made a nice spinach salad with the chicken and that was dinner. Then I also took some of the left over chicken and made a chicken salad for lunch for today. Very simple, chicken, sliced almonds, olive oil mayo and a little garlic powder. YUM! I might have to make more of it and bring it to cooking class. Whenever that may be?? Liz???

Have a great day!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 6/7/11 9:07 am - Philadelphia, PA

Thank you Beth!

IdaMae

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/11 12:26 am
Here in work today after a rough day yesterday. My boss drives me bat**** crazy!  I think tomorrow will be a mental health half day because I am djing in the afternoon. So may take the morning for myself.

Today after work I have a doctors appointment then home to just relax I think. I have to make a shopping list which I will do today in work.

Been in a mood the last 2 days...

Life is Good! 
Laureen S.
on 6/7/11 12:30 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Morning Ida, PA. . .

Congrats on nailing your 2 ratio's out of 6, not that I really know what that means, but sounds like you did great and feel a sense of accomplishment and that is wonderful!!!  Happy to hear that your dad is doing better.

So I'm making the gym a habit now, I am in my third straight week of getting there and while the scale has yet to show any changes, I know it is just a matter of time before it catches on that I am not allowing it to master those fat cells and am determined to fight the good fight.  Today I did 11 minutes on the ARC, a version of the elliptical, but more intense, then 24 minutes on the elliptical and then went on to the treadmill for 21 minutes, in that time I burned roughly 500 calories and did a little more than a 5k.  Tomorrow will be a day off from the gym.

Today has me at work and after work I am going home to enjoy some relaxation time, which is one of the reasons I enjoy going to the gym in the a.m. and making AA meetings at noon because I can go home and hang out guilt free. . . 

Well that's it from me, hope you all have a wonderful day, peace and strength to those facing challenges.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

IdaMae D.
on 6/7/11 9:08 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Laureen;
Dad is getting better.  Ratio's are math problems; we had to do 6 so out of the 6 I actually chose the correct numbers from the accounting stuff to get two of them completely right.
Ida

IdaMae

steffihope
on 6/7/11 12:44 am - Philadelphia, PA
Quick check in for me today - already practiced with the 8th graders - had a nice blow out with a colleague of mine - difference of opinion.  Whatever - we will get through this too!  It is like a marriage after all and they are ALL our kids!

Giving yet another standardized test today - the Algebra Proficiency exam - sadly, I didn't get to teach everything they need - too many kids - too many other things on the school districts agenda - makes me crazy!  But - the test is only for high school placement and has nothing to do with their grades so I am not that worried.

After school taking Josh to get a hair cut I think, then to the syanagogue for the beginning of Shavuot and two days of Joshua Belitsky Madness!  It is his confirmation and there is a beautiful ceremony tonight and a dinner for just the kids and their parents - NO SIBLINGS - no grandparents - it will be very nice and I am very proud.  Tomorrow is the service and I know I will be moved by what these kids have accomplished.

Gotta run and get the kids to lunch!  Happy Tuesday!
Cherish F.
on 6/7/11 1:08 am - Philadelphia, PA
Morning y'all -
Ida, I second what Cyd said - I have no idea how you do all you do every day!

Back to work today. As much as I needed yesterday off, I am paying for it today. No way I'm getting all this work done. Ugh.

Wow, just realized I have nothing else to report. Boring today.
Have a good Tuesday!
~ Cherish
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views