Veteran with potty issues.

dit657
on 6/4/11 11:23 am - Boothwyn, PA
Okay peeps I need your help/advice. I've been experiencing horrible bouts of constipation. I take a peri-colase every day and usually have no problem but lately I'm experiencing severe constipation every 7-10 days. When it hits I take an overnight stool softener but even that seems ineffective. I'm sore - I'm nauseous - I'm terribly uncomfortable not to mention extremely embarrassed about this but I know I can come to you guys for advice. At this point I'm open to almost any suggestions.

Thanks as always - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 6/4/11 11:51 am
I would call your doctor or surgeon ASAP!

Good luck!!

((HUGS))

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Laureen S.
on 6/4/11 11:53 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Laureen S.
on 6/4/11 11:56 am - Maple Shade, NJ
P.S.

In re-reading your post, I would suggest since you are stating your are sore and nasueous, yes, call Barix and see which surgeon you can see, not wanting to alarm you, but you may need to be checked out to be sure there is no blockage going on.

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

IdaMae D.
on 6/5/11 6:01 am - Philadelphia, PA
Kathy,
Gene and I have both had the same problem.  First I'd call the PCP, surgeon, or gastro doc.  After they rule out stuff and send you back to PCP you might want to talk to him/her about a medication called Amatiza.  Gene and I are both on that for constipation.  Works wonders most of the time, but there are times for me when I can't go.  My PCP and gastro doc have told me in those cir****tances to get the liquid Magnesium Citrate in the drug store, and drink one or two bottles depending on how long its been since I've gone.  Most times I can get me moving with 1 bottle, but there are times even with the perscription medication Amatiza that I have to drink 2 bottle of the magnesium citraite.
Hope you feel better soon.
Ida

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views