Wednesday Roll Call

steffihope
on 5/31/11 10:42 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Trish and all!

I am at school and already not feeling it.  So far, one student comes in on crutches, she self-diagnosed that her ankle was briused and came in without a shoe.  Seriously?!?!  Crutches, that you just had lying around the house?  Wanting to use the elevator without a doctors note - good luck with that one!  Another student comes in with a long sleeve shirt....black no less, why you may be wondering, she is sick.  Seriously?  GO HOME!!!!  There is air conditioning there.....UGH!  What is wrong with people?!?!

I am working today, heading home at 3:15 to shower, no doubt fight with Larry about something, anything it seems, and then head back out to a retirement dinner for six of my colleagues.  All I want to do is sit at home in front of the computer and do NOTHING!  Oh well......

Happy Wednesday!
dit657
on 6/1/11 12:11 am - Boothwyn, PA
School is almost over for the year, Steffi - hang in there!! Although if I had to work in an environment with NO A/C and children I'm sure I would have been committed to Bellevue or locked up by now!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 6/1/11 12:17 am - Philadelphia, PA
Yes it is - and to be completely honest - the school district of Philadelohia, if they DID have air conditioning - would most likely go to a full year program.  So, although I suffer through and ***** about it - for three weeks at the beginning of the year and three weeks at the end of the year - I will just handle it for my blissful 10 weeks off!

And really - who DOESN'T want an excuse to NOT have to wear make-up to work?  Right?!?! :)
Lisa H.
on 5/31/11 10:52 pm - Whitehall, PA
Morning all.. I know how you feel about not being able to sleep in the heat.  I HAVE to be comfortable or sleep is not happening.  I hope you can get some relief. 

Today has me working til 3:30.  I need to go to 2 pharmacies to pick up meds for Siehara and me.  Mine are at Walgreen's, so while I am there I have a few coupons where I can get a few things we need for a really good price.  

Siehara has Bat Mitzvah tutoring tonight so I will walk at the nearby park while she is there.  From there, we have to run to her Psych appt to make sure she has all her meds for camp.  

After her appt, I think we will head over to the mall to see if we can find sneakers for Siehara.  

I'm sure by then I'll be as good as the walking dead.  

Tomorrow is the 5K, so I have to eat properly for that and make sure to be hydrated today and tomorrow.  (and the whole summer, but you know)

My tracker

hers 

bvohl
on 5/31/11 10:53 pm
Good Morning Trish and PA!

Yesterday we got a surprise of an early dismissal from school due to excessive heat. Seems there was a student at another school that collapsed and had to be taken to the hospital. The parent made a BIG stink (which I would have done the same thing)!! I do not understand how districts feel that students can learn in an environment without A/C??? We have also had state visits where they now say that fans are a fire hazard, so now they are gone too?? JUST NOT RIGHT!!!!

Oh well, enough of that!

Today is wor****il whenever....then home to take care of some more laundry ( It NEVER ends), then I must get to Wii Zumba!!! Then the usual, pick up the girls, homework, dinner, bath and bed. 

Have a great day! Stay cool and hydrated!!

Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

jastypes
on 5/31/11 10:56 pm - Croydon, PA
Good morning all.  Ever since surgery and weight loss, the heat doesn't bother me at all.  In fact, I am usually cold, so the hot weather feels wonderful to me.  I haven't forgotten what it was like to break out into a sweat the moment I got out of the shower.  Thanks everyone for the well wishes on my surgiversary.  I got to speak at my OA meeting last night, and that was wonderfully cathartic for me and hopefully encouraging to others. 

Spending the day at work today and AA meeting tonight.  We sure are enjoying our new puppy at home.  She's got us trained as far as going outside whenever she wakes up from a nap.  LOL.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Cherish F.
on 5/31/11 11:33 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Morning!
After all my worrying, work yesterday turned out just fine. I put my head down and kicked ass and was way ahead of the game by 3pm. Yeah me!

Managed to get my bedroom a/c unit in last night, which was a wonderful thing, I was prepared to put my Mom's in but she hasn't packed up her sewing table, which needs to be moved to get to the correct window. So that will take place another night this week.

Today is work followed by home. I think my little brother is coming up for dinner and to watch some stuff I DVR'd for him over the past month. I wish I could say I am looking forward to seeing him, but he drives me crazy. We are oil and water. Oh well.

I may hit up the Salvation Army 50% off sale at lunch time.

Have a great day everyone!
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

(deactivated member)
on 6/1/11 12:04 am, edited 6/1/11 12:34 am
In work after not wanting to crawl out of bed this morning. I have a dentist appointment at lunch for a cleaning. Then will come back and finish my day at work. Then home to veg took out pork chops for dinner so we will stay home.

Last night we had dinner with some good friends and of course good laughs. Then came home ws asleep before 11. Was stressed for a few days but seemed to figure it out and think they will be alright for now.

Need to work on a game plan for decluttering cause it is reallydriving me batty as of late.

It is hot here in work and I am always cold. WTH is that about?????

Also a little worried about a good friend who seems really sad so I will fire off an email to him shortly.

Life is Good! 
Cherish F.
on 6/1/11 12:36 am - Philadelphia, PA

Here’s me volunteering to come over and do a "Clean House" type intervention.

I’ll yell at you all day and make you get rid of things, then hug you and buy you a water ice.
You need hands on baby, I’ll be there

Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

(deactivated member)
on 6/1/11 12:46 am
Cherish ...I do good when someone is with me. It is when I am alone that I will not let go of things. Then you have to take the bag right of my sight when it becomes full and then I am good with it as well. Yet leave me with that bag I will pick through once alone.

I really wish I knew what drove my brain and my biggest hoard is clothing it was before surgery as well.

Kim has offered as well I may just take you up on the offer one day soon! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views