Wednesday Roll Call

Patricia R.
on 5/31/11 7:27 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning PA,
I am up and can't sleep because of the heat.  I think I need to buy an air conditioner for my bedroom, because these fans are just not drawing the air from the living room.

Tuesday was good for me.  I went to the gym and swam 8 laps.  I will try that again today.  My hip pain is almost nonexistant.

I have to go to the lab and get my PT INR done, to check my Coumadin level.  Then, I have to wait at the doctor's across the hall for the result.  I have been off my Coumadin since Saturday, because I am getting dental work done on Thursday.  I need so much dental work done, I am dreading the final bill.  Thank God I am expecting some money from the School District of Philadelphia.

Then, Mom and I are heading to the Salvation Army to shop.  Today is half-price day, where all of the clothes, except those priced with a certain color tag, are half-price.  They use five different color tages, and each week, they choose one color that is not half-price. 

This afternoon is the Phillies game.  They lost big time to the Nationals last night.  Tonight will probably be another Scrabble game against Mom.  I lost last night, but not as bad as my sister.  I usually lose, and just try not to be the Biggest Loser. 

I hope everyone has a good day.  Stay cool.  Drink your water.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 5/31/11 8:02 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Trish & PA:

Since catching all the raccoons sleeping has been nice.  I'm still catching up, very tired some days,

I'm out of the office until Monday.  We have so much to do it's getting to me, too much going on can't do it all.  Today we have to go look at/pick out all the plumbing for the house.  Two weeks ago met with the interior designer who is supposed to do all that, make life easier so we can work and not stress over the house, instead she sends pricing for junk we don't want in the house, doesn't follow through with anything and uses jury duty as an excuse not to send photo's and pricing so we can make decisions.  Then sends an email last night that the GC needs the stuff this week.  If he needs the stuff this week she needed to be more involved the last two weeks instead of waiting till the last minute.  Since she is insisting on sending us pricing for products we do not want instead of those that we do want, Gene and I are both fed up and will go out on our own to organize and make the purchases needed to get this done.

I'm still stressing about my final paper that is due this coming Monday.  I figure I'm not an accountant, if my figures are not spot on so be it.  The prof is going to take points off so be it, I have no intention of pursuing an account degree, so what if my GPA goes down a bit.  All the written papers for this class have been A's, the accounting/math is the problem oh well, not all of us are math wizzards......

I still have to check my work email periodically because I have so many projects out in the pipeline that I'm awaiting responses from others and need to forward that information to other departments once it is made available to me.  So this is not a vacation just a time to relax a bit work on my final paper without the stress of being physically in the office.

Lastly, this coming Saturday is my certification test for Medical Coding.  I have to prep my coding books with the information that I'll need written in them for this test.  The test is 5 hrs 20 min.  Saturday is going to be  a long day....We will need our coding books for the test, we cannot have any papers in the books with information written on them, any extra information we'll need such as medical terminology needs to be written in the actual books, so I have to get stepping on that.

Hope everyone has a great day....Stay hydrated....

Ida

IdaMae

swedeville1
on 5/31/11 10:03 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Fire her ass!  She needs to do her job or send her packing.  Dont do her job for her, you dont have the time.  She needs to know you arent satisfied with her performance she needs to step it up or she will be let go.  Please dont enable this slacker.

Good luck and dont stress too much.  Good luck with your schooling too, you can do it!!!

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

IdaMae D.
on 6/1/11 4:53 am - Philadelphia, PA
Swede,
Thanks!  I have let her know we are not satisfied with her work, many times.  Gene is now taking the reins on this one, he is more inclinded to think like a lawyer to rachet everything up so she can't get her lawyer husband involved.  Gene has worked in the legal system for so many years and has a great mind for the law and knows how to word and write so there is no wiggle room for her to protest. 
ida 

IdaMae

victoria3
on 6/1/11 12:26 am - Douglassville, PA
Ida, who is issusing the test AHIMA or AAPC? 

IdaMae D.
on 6/1/11 4:49 am - Philadelphia, PA
Victoria - AAPC

IdaMae

victoria3
on 6/1/11 5:24 am - Douglassville, PA
I took their CPC test- let's just say I went out and had a drink when I was done that test! (I was very happy that I found out that I passed on the first try) I have a couple of credentials from AHIMA and I didn't find them to be as *hard* of exams........  Much luck to you    

IdaMae D.
on 6/1/11 8:52 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you victoria, any tips on taking the exam?

IdaMae

victoria3
on 6/1/11 11:34 am - Douglassville, PA
If the coding questions are multiple choice, rule out the wrong ones by just looking at the codes- then go directly to the code number and compare description of the code to the question and rule out from there, it will save time, rather than trying to code the question from scratch.

IdaMae D.
on 6/1/11 8:36 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks, yes it will be multiple choice.  I believe it is 150 questions and we have 5hrs 20 min to complete.

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views