Toasty Tuesday Roll Call

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/11 1:05 am
Sometimes we are blessed when we need to be.
Laureen S.
on 5/31/11 1:30 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Lynn,

I hope that all goes well with Kristi and while I don't have dependent children, nor do I live with my b/f, I can relate in some ways to your daughter's situation, he has been separated for 4 years.  I have friends and my adult children who don't necessarily agree or like my situation, they do like him though and he treats me well, so I am ok with it for today.  Unfortunately, love does not always come with the perfect cir****tances, but if she is questioning her situation, then hopefully she will be able to do something or come to terms with it soon.  You are good to be there for her and allow her the freedom to find her way.  As for the ex-husband, when my children were small I sent them to live with their dad in Florida, it was what was best for them, he was remarried, had a nice home, business, anyway, for the first few years, everytime I went there to visit I stayed with them at their house, as I could not afford to stay at a hotel, that was long before the current way of life and blended families, it was not always easy, but it put the children's needs first and eventually, I would go there, stay a night or so and take the kids on a vacation. . .  we were modern way before it was fashionable. . . 

Hoping you feel relief from the depression soon, I think most times, it takes about 2 weeks for them to kick in. . .

Hugs and best wishes, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Laureen S.
on 5/31/11 1:39 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi PA,

The long weekend was wonderful, Saturday I got up, took Roxie for a playdate at a neighbor's house about 3/4's of a mile from my house, we walked there and back, came home went and got my hair cut, pedi/mani and saw Tony, Sunday drove up to New York to my goddaughter's graduation celebration and at a really nice seafood restaurant in Port Washington, which was 5 minutes from a good friend of mine's who I have not seen in 3 years, we talk, but since generally I go up to see my brother or some such thing, I don't usually get to see her, so spent an hour and a half together, she made me laugh, because she called me skinny, which is sooooooo far from where I'm at, but as opposed to last time she saw me, which was just 3 months post-op, I'm thinner, after visiting with her I headed back to NJ and stopped to see another friend of mine who lives in Fort Lee which is right over the George Washington Bridge, haven't see her in some time either, but I figured since I was up north and people were available and since I was not in a big rush home, I made the best of the trip seeing who I could along the way, got home around 11:30 Saturday night, stayed up with Roxie for a little while and then went to bed, got up early, ran some errands, did some food prep, cleaned house, went to a noon AA meeting, after which they had some hoagies and fellowship time, then went to check out the new dog park to see what it is like, very nice, but just like the other dog park I go to, no shade, what's up with that, can't take dogs to a playground in the full heat of summer with no trees ;(  Anyway, after that I went home, roasted some garlic for some fresh spinach I cooked with a tiny bit of butter and white cooking wine, grilled steak on the bbq and then packed my food and clothes so I could get up and go to the gym in the morning, which is why I turned off the televison at 10 and woke up this morning at 4:55, put on the gym clothes, grabbed my stuff and off to the gym I went.   Here I am at work today, this evening is a house AA meeting and then home where I am sure to collapse exhausted from the early start to my day, but I am feeling good to be working out again, even if it is still not something I'm loving.

Well that is my long story of the weekend. . .

Wishing you all the best day possible, peace and strength to those in need.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views