Toasty Tuesday Roll Call

steffihope
on 5/30/11 10:36 pm - Philadelphia, PA
  Show off with the air conditioning in your classroom! :)
lauraanne715
on 5/30/11 10:50 pm - Pottstown, PA
LOL yeah it is the ONLY perk I have at this place....don't get me started or I could go on and on and on about the bad.. But summer vacation will be here soon!!!!!!!!

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

swedeville1
on 5/30/11 10:02 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Hi Lynn and PA!!!

Lynn, I guess it all comes down to what Kristi and this guy have discussed and decided on as far as how the relationship is supposed to go and what he has promised her.  If he isnt living up to his promises then he should be confronted.  Its all about commnuication I guess, if he loves her Im sure they can work it out.  My mom started dating a guy when she was 30 and he was 50.  They were together on and off in some way or another for 30 years until he passed away and she was the one sitting vigil at his bedside.  It wasnt an easy or fluid relationship but it worked for her and him and she wouldnt change it for anything in the world.  So, whos to say how things will work out for Kristi. 

Today i will work till 330 then head home and workout, if its not toooo hot in the house.  If is too hot then I will wait till the evening when it cools down.  Other than that I got nothing on my schedule.

Have a great Tuesday all!

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

lynnc99
on 5/30/11 10:23 pm
Appreciate your calm perspective Swede!
dit657
on 5/30/11 10:16 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Morning all - don't envy you your conversation with Kristi - sometimes people just need a sounding board so they can get their true feelings out - I'm sure she knows what she needs to do - just saying it out loud to someone else may help.

I'm at work - did get the rest of my flowers in last night, then watered everything good. Went in and showered, and that was it for me for the night. Got all my 'chores' done - laundry away - moved my summer clothes - started gathering clothing for Florida in 2 weeks.

Not much else going on with me today - had set my alarm clock to get up early and work out, but after a very restless night I slept in and will work out tonight. I put a roast in the crockpot with veggies so dinner will be ready when we get home, and it won't heat up the house. Gotta love the crockpot!!

Stay cool everyone...Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Nicole0216
on 5/30/11 10:30 pm - Lancaster, PA
Lynn good luck with your talk. I am sure you will be a help to her, sometimes we just need to say things outloud to another person. I have been there with the 20 year age difference and it is ALWAYS A problem and not one that goes away or can be remedied.

Good luck with the meds. you know it takes a bit to start working.

Crazy weekend,. was great in many ways a few tense moments on Sat night when my friend brought her new BF to Jasons BD party and he was drunk and AWFUL. We had to ask her to take him home, and I have had to tell her that he is not allowed to come back to our home. It was hard on us and her. She and I are meeting for coffee on Thursday night to talk more as this whole thing has freaked her out. She is such a nice person. I feel bad.

Today is a long work day, we will be staying after to put our war plan in place for the clinic and how to get things transitioned.  So I am ready for anything but in a real good place.

I hope you all have a good day and stay cool dear lord when did summer hit?
steffihope
on 5/30/11 10:32 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Lynn and all of PA - Kristi will do what works best for her.  Even if the rest of the world doesn't agree - it is still her heart and her kids.  I am glad that she has you to bounce ideas off of.

I had a VERY up and down weekend.  Unfortunately, more down that up.  Sunday I started to feel a little better - showered, got my nails and toes done - made it to the market - and THAT was it.  Much of the rest of the weekend was sitting in front of my computer or TV or napping.  Did go out to a friends house last night, that was a challenge - but I did go.  Then a friend's husband lost his freaking mind and screamed at Molly.  THAT was a mistake.  Larry had a few calm words to say to him, I however, will open my mouth later today.  I needed to not lose it in front of all the kids like he did.  I will confront him.  If he loves his wife, which I suspect he does, he will NEVER do that again, or there will go that friendship and he is alienating her from her friends because the ONLY reason he is ever part of the group is because we like her.  UGH.  Poor Molly, she was most likely rude, however, was being sarcastic, which we all are, and he went nuts.  He then hibernated the rest of the evening and never even did say goodbye to me or Larry.  

So - today, I am headed to the Spirit of Philadelphia with my 8th graders.  So looking forward to it.  So much better that being stuck in the unairconditioned building that has been locked up tight for three days.  Tonight having dinner with two amazing couples that totally get me and understand my ups and downs and frighteningly love me in spite of them! :)

Happy Tuesday y'all
Decolady
on 5/30/11 10:35 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Good morning PA!

Today is my 53rd birthday, and I am celebrating how much LESS of me there is this year!!  What a difference a year makes!

I am so grateful today for all the wonderful changes in my life this past year.  Having life-saving surgery and opening my store have both brought so much joy.  The store continues to grow and I continue to shrink!

I am still recovering from my surgery last week, I had a parotid gland on my jaw removed because it had a cyst in it.  I still have a good deal of pain, the incision wraps all around my left ear and down my neck.  My smile is still crooked and I can't feel my left ear, dr. says this will go away in time.  I still don't feel up to returning to Zumba, which is a bummer. 

My wonderful hubby surprised me with beautiful diamond earrings this morning and we are going out to dinner tonight, then home to watch the Phillies game which I will be recording while we are out.  Missing my son, who is staying out in Lancaster for summer classes, but I know he is with me in spirit.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day, stay cool!!

PEACE,

Deb 
bvohl
on 5/30/11 10:55 pm
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEB!!! Hope you are feeling better soon!!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

swedeville1
on 5/30/11 10:55 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Good husband!

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views