Toasty Tuesday Roll Call

lynnc99
on 5/30/11 9:05 pm

I almost started roll call about 10 last night....so I'll start today instead since nobody else is up and around!

Great holiday weekend for us - Mike didn't work much at all, and we got some major things done at home on Saturday with carpeting cleaned and deck/patio furniture power washed. The flowers look good - I just have to buy a couple of plants for the deck, and summer can begin. We were at a picnic yesterday that was HUGE - Mike's mens group at church headed it up (with help from yours truly on the organizing and leg work) and we had about 200 people there.

Today I am having lunch with Mike's daughter Kristi to listen to her and offer support with some personal issues. She is living with a guy that she is very much in love with, and who is great with the kids, but after a year together issues are popping up. He has not/is not pursuing a divorce although he has been separated for 7 years. He still supports his adult kids. A few other things....which really point to the nature of the relationship. Kristi has put herself in a very vulerable position both emotionally and materially - if this goes south, the kids could easily go back to dad's house where they grew up so far....leaving Kristi out on the curb somewhere. We saw this coming a year ago but of course could say nothing....but now she is asking for some advice. She admits that the best course of action may be to say nothing but this leaves a huge elephant in the liviing room. I have to work hard to keep my own biases out of it - that women who "look through the eyes of love" are often looking through rose colored glasses that put them at very high risk, that she simply moved from one dependent/ill informed situation with a man to another that is the same in many ways...etc. etc. To top it off, there is a 20 year age difference. And the cherry on top is that the kids' dad comes up there almost every weekend for soccer games and stays at their house. Huh? Kinda Jerry Springer-esque for me. But she's not asking about that.

Enough drama. Keep cool today, and have a good one!

PS. I did get started on an antidepressant and am waiting (probably too consciously) to see how it works.

enasangels
on 5/30/11 9:28 pm - PA
Good Morning Pa, and Lynn,
     Lynn, no wonder you need the meds., hope they kick in soon for you, this one situation alone is enough to depress you.  Hope it goes well, and that you are able to offer some good advice. (better you than me).  Glad you had a good weekend.
     Today finds me going to Knoxville about my new car,  Someone messed up the car door already, getting that fixed and a cover for the front to protect it from the bugs.  ( hope we don't have to wait forever there)
     My friend has asked me to put up a house guest overnite, she is driving from Fla. to Canada, and would normally stay in hotel, but if she comes here we can all have dinner here and she can stay in spare bedroom, just so much easier.
      A couple phone calls to make, my insurance co was supposed to call and cancel my policy from the other company when I switched, but never did.  So I need to call them and get it taken care of to get a little money back from them.
      Some straightening up around here and that's about it, the tree work is all but done than goodness, so I can relax before going home.
      Have a good day everyone, stay cool and hydrated.
Hugs Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/11 11:11 pm
Ena call your previous company and tell them you want an Accord to cancellation form sent to the new company ASAP! This way the new company honors the backdated cancellation and you are not billed for any double coverage. If they drag their feet tell them you will call the Insurance Commissioner. You will see how fast they fax if.
Patricia R.
on 5/30/11 9:30 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Lynn,
Will be praying for you for wisdom as you talk to Kristi today.  It's hard to help adult kids at times. 

Went to the movies with sister, sis-in-law and nephew and had a blast.  Kung Fu Panda 2, and then the Chinese buffet afterwqrd.  Mom is in town, so I paid homage to her at my sister's for an hour. 

Today, I have an appointment with my ENT doc, and then I have to get a drug screening done.

Have a good day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nicole0216
on 5/30/11 10:26 pm - Lancaster, PA
Trish did I miss any posts about your asking your daughter about coming up to be her full time babysitter?
Patricia R.
on 5/31/11 4:22 am - Perry, MI
Oh my gosh, I forgot to post about the talk my daughter and I had last week.  Thanks for asking.  I won't be moving any time soon, as Colleen and Trent want Trent to be home with the kids when Colleen is teaching and then he will work full time during the summers.  I will be traveling more to Michigan as a result now.  I will post a separate post with more information.

Oh, I did get the Per Diem Social Work job at Brooke Glen Behavioral Hospital, in Ft. Washington.  I have worked there before, but as a group therapist.  I am looking forward to doing social work, something I got my degree in.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 5/31/11 7:38 am - Philadelphia, PA
Trish;
Congratulations on the job and awesome that you will be visiting the little ones and your daughter and son-in-law more often...

Ida

IdaMae

Liz R.
on 5/30/11 9:30 pm - Easton, PA
On May 31, 2011 at 4:05 AM Pacific Time, lynnc99 wrote:

I almost started roll call about 10 last night....so I'll start today instead since nobody else is up and around!

Great holiday weekend for us - Mike didn't work much at all, and we got some major things done at home on Saturday with carpeting cleaned and deck/patio furniture power washed. The flowers look good - I just have to buy a couple of plants for the deck, and summer can begin. We were at a picnic yesterday that was HUGE - Mike's mens group at church headed it up (with help from yours truly on the organizing and leg work) and we had about 200 people there.

Today I am having lunch with Mike's daughter Kristi to listen to her and offer support with some personal issues. She is living with a guy that she is very much in love with, and who is great with the kids, but after a year together issues are popping up. He has not/is not pursuing a divorce although he has been separated for 7 years. He still supports his adult kids. A few other things....which really point to the nature of the relationship. Kristi has put herself in a very vulerable position both emotionally and materially - if this goes south, the kids could easily go back to dad's house where they grew up so far....leaving Kristi out on the curb somewhere. We saw this coming a year ago but of course could say nothing....but now she is asking for some advice. She admits that the best course of action may be to say nothing but this leaves a huge elephant in the liviing room. I have to work hard to keep my own biases out of it - that women who "look through the eyes of love" are often looking through rose colored glasses that put them at very high risk, that she simply moved from one dependent/ill informed situation with a man to another that is the same in many ways...etc. etc. To top it off, there is a 20 year age difference. And the cherry on top is that the kids' dad comes up there almost every weekend for soccer games and stays at their house. Huh? Kinda Jerry Springer-esque for me. But she's not asking about that.

Enough drama. Keep cool today, and have a good one!

PS. I did get started on an antidepressant and am waiting (probably too consciously) to see how it works.

Good Morning Lynn - Good Luck with Kristi! sounds like a situation where she should RUN and never look back but I know that is easier said then done.

AS for me, working today until 4, headed to my parents to pick up Amelia then home to make dinner and hang out. Once she goes to bed I need to get out and water the plants and set up the drip system in the garden. Doesn't look like mother nature will be doing my watering for me this week like she has been doing the past few weeks...
jojobear98
on 5/30/11 9:35 pm - Gettysburg, PA
Good Morning all!

Lynn, sounds like you are a good person for her to talk to. Not everyone has someone they can confide in, and get sound advice from. Good luck.

I had a great weekend. I worked some of it, but that's OK. Otherwise, racing, cooking out, swimming and enjoying this weather I have been begging for.

Today has me organizing my coupons and some grocery shopping, then making dinner.

I hope everyone has a fabulous day!

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

lauraanne715
on 5/30/11 9:49 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good morning PA!!

I have two days of work this week and then Thurs and Friday off due to the Holy Day! YAY! Another long weekend to try to get stuff done!!  LOL I swear my "nesting" instinct has started to kick in!!

Not much to do at work except start reviews for the final exams and start pulling my classroom apart and packing up for the summer...ohhhh joy. Alot of things will be going home with me since I will not be teaching next year and I am trying to sort through my "good stuff" and toss the rest.  The sub will have free reign to decorate etc as she chooses since it will be her room and class for the whole year.

It is still a hundred degrees in my classroom though since the building was all closed up for the long weekend...soooo I am going to have 29 hot second graders until the A/C kicks in and cools the room down..uggggggg

But other than that not much going on...will prob hit the Y tonight and walk the indoor track while hubby is in the workout room....

Have a fabulous Tuesday!!!

Much luv!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views