Fantabulous Friday Roll Call!

Nicole0216
on 5/26/11 10:48 pm - Lancaster, PA
Today is Jason's BD so I am getting him his yearly Ice Cream BD Cake that he hoards and eats for about a month. The boy does not share. We will be doing more chores and errands and I will give him his gifts maybe dinner who knows. It is his day.

I am at work and man oh man Abby and I both feel like we just stepped into a tornado. We are going to stay after work on Tuesday and put papers up on the walls and do some war planning. We thought we would have more time but it appears if we dont put a plan in place to get it done....it will get done TO US.

Therapy last night very eye opening. She gave me some insight about the weekend that made me realize that when you are Triggered due to PTSD or trauma, it is almost too late to problem solve unless you have techniques ahead of time. I do not. I never realized how much of my life is dissassociative. I always thought i was flaky and forgetful, not so, it is part of survival mode when you have had trauma becomes so much a part of our daily life we dont even realize it. She also made me realize the very REAL PAIN AND TRAUMA that comes with being 360 lb woman. Being a target everyday for people to hurt you just because of the way you look. I have either ignored it or FOUGHT BACK in ways that were a little nuts. So very interesting. she also congratulated me on my new job and made it clear to me that TRAUMA can be triggered by ALL things not just bad, not just stress that GOOD POsitive experiences and emotions can as well. Wow, guess I need to get in the game and learn some skills huh??? 

Love to you all
Laureen S.
on 5/27/11 2:32 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Nicole,

Please give Jason a big hug and kiss from me for his Birthday. . .

Thanks for sharing some of what you learned in therapy, it applies to me in many ways as well and I know that some of my fly off the handle stuff is residual to what I went through first as a child who grew up in an abusive home and then later in life being in a very emotionally and sometimes physically abusive relationship. . . 

Take care and have a good evening. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

swedeville1
on 5/26/11 11:07 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Well yesterday and last night sucked.  I unfortunately had chicken, brown rice and green beans for lunch and it got stuck.  This is only the second time ive been this stuck.  I didnt start feeling better until around 930 last night.  I had to do a little vomiting and then Jen went out and got me some chewable papaya extract and I sipped some pineapple juice.  It worked pretty good, but I still feel a little off today.  I hope things get back to normal. 

Jett has a baseball game scheduled tonight so I will go and cheer and hope he does well.  I hope everyone has a great friday!

Swede
BTW.  I am now only 14 pounds away from my goal.  Pretty cool.  I guess not eating all night does have its benifits. 

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

dit657
on 5/27/11 12:48 am - Boothwyn, PA
Rice can be a b*tch sometimes - I'm still very careful how I eat it, and how much, because I have had issues with rice more than once (yeah, I never learn). Glad you're feeling better but it does wipe you out.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 5/26/11 11:21 pm
Good Morning Liz and PA!

TGIF!!!! I cannot wait for this day to be over! I have SO much stuff to do at home! It would be nice if they called an early dismissal because of the heat, there ARE schools that don't have A/C like us (although I have no air in my room, BLECH), but not counting on it!

Today is wor****il 3pm, stopping off for gas in the car, then going home to clean, clean, clean! Put away laundry and prepare for the house guests coming.

This weekend is JAM packed with activity!! Tomorrow I have a BBQ to go to in the afternoon, then going to see my good friends to celebrate with them. Sleeping there, then waking up early on Sunday driving back home, try to get a nap in, then off to ANOTHER friends house Sunday afternoon/evening. Monday we are doing a Memorial Day parade with Dee's Brownie Troop! Then I will come home and COLLAPSE!

Have a GREAT Holiday Weekend! Remember those who served and continue to serve!
Special Thanks to my Dad, who served during the Korean War and to my brother who continues to serve our country as an AF Reservist!!

Love to all,
Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/11 11:46 pm
Here in work after a rough personal morning. Trust me no one could ever be as hard on me as I am on myself.

Last night was a good night with Den at home we slept down stairs again till we put in the air upstairs which I think will be tonight cause I miss my bed. We are getting out early around 3:30 we don't have much to do so I am hoping he lets us go even earlier.

I have a few things to do this afternoon one is a nap then I am going to meet some girlfriends for dinner. I think I need them to make me laugh tonight. Then tomorrow it is a BBQ in the afternoon and from there heading to a friends birthday party. Which I will get to see some more good friends.

Sunday and Monday nothing is on my agenda except to clean my hoarders second floor. It is that bad! See what depression can do.

Even in the darkness

Life is Good! 
Lesley G.
on 5/27/11 5:39 am - Allegan, MI
Don't you worry, my dear -- there WILL be laughs!!! :-)
Cherish F.
on 5/27/11 1:30 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning!!!
I am at work just counting down the minutes until I leave at noon.
My plans for the afternoon/evening were cancelled, which is sad but also kinda awesome as I could use some time at home tonight and tomorrow morning.

I bought a bathing suit about 6 weeks ago, tried it on last night and the top is too big. Which is a good thing. But, now I need to go looking for another top for this weekend. So from here I will hit Kohl's and maybe JcPenney's. Then I am craving Chicken lettuce wraps from Pei Wei. Yum! Taking my book and just relaxing. Then home to hopefully do a few chores, and hitting the track once the sun goes down a little.

Fun filled weekend ahead! I hope you all have a safe and fun holiday!
~ Cherish
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Sara E.
on 5/27/11 2:08 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Wow...a bathing suit...you are a braver woman than I am :)

Sara

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views