I took your advice...will let you know

Patricia R.
on 5/24/11 1:22 am - Perry, MI
Well, I took everyone's advice.  I sent my daughter an e-mail expressing my desire to be her daycare person.  She works during the day, and I did not want to try to call her, because she is always taking care of the kids in the evening.  Plus, this week is her last week of school, and it is crazy busy for her with paperwork, and packing her classroom, so I figure e-mailing her with the idea would be better.  She and her hubby could talk about it and let me know their thoughts.

Pray, cross your fingers, etc.  I would rather move out there this summer, than work at the hospital. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lynnc99
on 5/24/11 2:31 am
Trish, I'm just catching up here after a few days away (in MIchigan, actually). What day care arrangement does your daughter have now?
Patricia R.
on 5/24/11 3:17 am - Perry, MI
Hi Lynn,
Right now, my daughter works Monday through Friday, as a part time teacher, and my son-in-law stays home with the kids.  He is a carpenter, so he works on jobs Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 

Years ago, my daughter invited me to move to Michigan, but now, she thinks I would be bored, and not have a life, outside of her and the kids.  She is about an hour from Ypsilanti, where Barix has a hospital, so I could go to support group there.  I have already been to AA meetings out there.  I get involved at church, and could also do volunteer work, like I do here as well.  She lives ina really small town, and thinks I am too metropolitan and liberal for the small, Midwestern Conservative town she is in. 

I know when I am there, I am fine and would be if I moved there.  I have nothing really keeping me here in Bucks County, except my sister, sis-in-law and nephew.  All my kids live elsewhere. 

I am hoping she and her husband really think and pray about this.  I would be a lot cheaper than most daycare providers.  She works from the end of August to Memorial Day weekend. 

Thanks for asking.

Welcome home.

Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 5/24/11 4:45 am
Trish I am very proud of you for reaching out to your daughter....Good Luck! 
dit657
on 5/24/11 12:24 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Trish - I hope and pray this works out for you. It seems like you've been out there enough to know whether you would like it and it appears you do. You already have plans to get involved in different activities and have a life of your own as well as being there for hour daughter and bed family. I hope it all works out.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
PittsburghScot
on 5/24/11 10:13 pm - Langhorne, PA
Trish, sounds like a great idea. Not sure how they could resist having your help. Good luck!
enasangels
on 5/24/11 10:55 pm - PA
Trish,
I am so glad that you decided to come right out and tell your daughter what you want to do.  I hope it works out for you.  There is nothing better than to be able to spend time with our grandchildren and form a close bond, which will only get better and better when you are with them on a regular basis.  Looks like you do have other interests you could pursue while there and you would be all set.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Hugs, Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

Laureen S.
on 5/25/11 12:01 am, edited 5/25/11 12:04 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Trish,

Good for you, that is wonderful. . . even if your daughter says she does not think it a good idea, if you wish to live closer to them and can find your way to doing so, then why make them the focus of it. Whether you work for them, or find something to do once you moved there, you'd still be near your favorite little people and by involving yourself with AA and church would definitely help you make friends, it will take some adjusting, but if you throw yourself into your recovery, you'll be amazed, that's the cool thing about AA, wherever you go, there is the possibility to make new friends and associations that are positive and good. So perhaps you should, if you have not already, let your daughter know that it would be something you want to do, just to be nearby if she wants your services, as opposed to making her feel as though the weight of it all rests on her and the children's needs. . . just a thought. . .

Hugs, Laureen

P.S. I speak from experience, after having moved to SNJ to be near my son and eventual grandchildren, not knowing anyone but him and his wife, it was a hard readjustment, but that was because I did not reconnect myself to meetings, it caused me some emotional pain and a lot of additional pounds, as instead of resorting to drinking, I ate through my feelings of loneliness, I eventually made the move back to meetings and 5 years later, I feel almost like I've lived here for a very long time. . .

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/11 1:16 am
I am glad that you took the risk to move Laureen cause it gave me the chance to meet you and become good friends.

Laureen S.
on 5/25/11 4:10 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Aww thanks Beth, while I miss the big City from time to time, I do love it here and the gift of having met so many people is a big part of what keeps me where I am, for now. . .

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views