Messed up Monday

Laureen S.
on 5/23/11 5:22 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Nicole,

I am sorry to read the way your weekend played out and that you are feeling so jammed up.  I totally get the way you feel about being a post-op WLS patient.  I think as post-ops further out, and now this my perspective, those of us with struggles (and from what I know, most of us do have some), that is the component that makes us tired at times.  I think if I want to be really honest here and when am I not (lol), but honesty also comes to varying degrees and as we grow (emotionally), our level of self awareness and therefore our honesty increases too, I thought having WLS was going to get me where I needed to get physically and then I was going to be able to maintain it much easier than I had ever been able to do before and therein lies the "post-op WLS patient" syndrome for me, in that I am always conscious of this issue, more so than when I was just a plain old "fluffy" person.  Then I was either on a diet, or eating my way through life (usually the latter) and feeling guilty about it, now I am constantly in fear of failing at this because of my regained weight.  I don't know the solution for me, never mind you (and and I mean that in a kind way), but what I do realize is that having come this route, I have acquired some really good friends, who get me, my fears, my struggles, all of it and that is a good thing.  I am most definitely in the re-evaluation of my life at the moment and feel that there will be some changes coming.

As for your relationship with Jason, marriage is not easy, guess that's why I'm not married (lol), it is often about compromise and flexibility, as well as learning when not to say/do something that causes one another pain, and lots of other things that I know little about, all sounds good doesn't it, now if only we could all do it, then the divorce attorney's would be out of business and I have faith that you and Jason can talk it out.

Hugs. . .  Laureen 

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Nicole0216
on 5/23/11 8:22 pm - Lancaster, PA
Thanks Laureen. I know that you understand this no mans land that we find ourselves in. We will always have to behave as a post op. But that is where it stops.  We need to find the other peices of our lives and put them i their place. I have seen you on this journey for a long time. Your self acceptance has always been something I admired.
jojobear98
on 5/23/11 8:17 am - Gettysburg, PA
*Disclaimer* I only read Nic's original post.

So sorry for no personal shout outs today!

For me, I begin to new jobs this week on top of the one I have. Today was day one of one of them. It went great. Tomorrow I begin the new one. Wish me luck!

I will be working ALOT in the near future. But I have to and want to. Johnny & I have gone through enough with working through our debt from our previous marriages. And we are now ready to move on to things that dont remind os of our past, but our future together. So that means....putting some serious money away!

TO NIC............

I live with a stubborn man myself. And *I* am also just as bad. So when conflicts arise......it's almost like a war in my home. Often times (in hind sight) I react is VERY odd ways. Which makes for an even more difficult situation to get resolved. Just know......PLEASE.......that you are not alone. Please, please, please.....call, text. or email me. I can be a good venting person. I promise! I understand!

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

steffihope
on 5/23/11 9:29 am - Philadelphia, PA
Seriously?!?!    You only read Nicole's post??!!  Wow - now I know how it is......
Nicole0216
on 5/23/11 8:22 pm - Lancaster, PA
All I can say is thank you and I know you get it. I will utilize you more. I promise.
Nicole0216
on 5/23/11 9:12 am - Lancaster, PA

Thank you for all of the love and support it helps more than you know

Maura M.
on 5/23/11 1:04 pm - Yardley, PA
Nicole,  Am sorry to hear about the crappy turn of events this weekend.   Am hoping that things smooth out quickly.  Chin up.  Love you and that stubborn boy of yours :) 

xoxo,

Maura
Maura

Nicole0216
on 5/23/11 8:23 pm - Lancaster, PA
Thanks Maura guess this is just life when you are living it huh?? We are ok today
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views