Freedom from work friday Roll Call******8

Laureen S.
on 5/19/11 11:44 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Moring Swede, PA

Oh yeah, I am sooooooo ready for the weekend, this week has just been a dragging and today is no better, 4 p.m. can't get here quick enough (lol).  I got this old from wishing away my Monday to Friday's for the past 30something years. . . . (lol)

Well, got a busy weekend planned, so that means it will be another Monday way too soon, good part of that is next weekend is the official SUMMER beginning and I am soooooo looking forward to that. . . well won't bore you all with my plans, just wanted to say hey and wish you all a fun filled weekend.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Lisa H.
on 5/19/11 11:53 pm - Whitehall, PA
I have been meaning to post roll call since about 6:30 this morning.  Apparently, the coupons on my desk, the nailpolish remover and the actual WORK on my desk were more appealing than this.  Sheesh.. ya think I have ADD? Really?

I actually have work to do for a change.  We have another health care reform project going on so I have updates to do..

After work, I believe I will be headed to the gym.  There is a treadmill class and yoga tonight.  Or, I may head over to the Allentown location for Combat.  I should probably do the treadmill class since the 5K is coming up and I haven't really been training for it.

Other than that, I really have no plans.  I have a busy Saturday and Sunday, so hanging around tonight is probably a good idea. 

My tracker

hers 

Sara E.
on 5/20/11 12:05 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Good Morning Swede & my PA firends!
Today I wor****il 4:30.  I then have go home & get Caleb to take him to our scout camp.  He was elected & tapped out to join the Order of the Arrow in boy scouts.  They call it the honor society of scouts.  Anyway, this weekend he has his "ordeal"  to be a member.  They say it is not hazing, but in my book it is.  talking is prohibited and he will be led around the woods blindfolded and left in a spot all night long alone or with 1 other scout.  He will just have the clothes on his back.  yeah it will be 54F and raining here all night....nice.  Then in the am he will be given an egg & 2 matches (he will not be eating at all)  He tried to make a fire last night & cook an egg...it took about 20 matches.  Then they work them like slaves all day long.  I think they get an orange and a piece of bread for lunch.  Then after other crap they get in the AO.  Sounds like a pile of crap to me.  He is excited and terrified all at the same time.  I said I ought to go since I have 2 ponds left to lose...he gave me an evil look at my sarcasm. 
Then Sat we go to my MiL surprise bday party....an Amish feast at an Amish farm near them...that will suck.  And yeah, she doesn't like me either.  Sunday I pick Caleb up, take him home, then I am to go see Bridemaids with a friend. That is the whole weekend...oh, yeah, I am sure there will be some shopping in there somewhere too :)
Sara

Cherish F.
on 5/20/11 12:17 am - Philadelphia, PA
"...that will suck. " made me spit out my coffee!!
Thanks Sara!
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Sara E.
on 5/20/11 2:55 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
You made my day Cherish.  Sorry to have caught you off-guard :)
And yes it will suck,  Everyone eating as much as humanly possible of teh most fattening foods known to man...yuk.  I will pack a slimfast low carb and a protein bar...yum.
Sara

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/11 12:25 am - Eastern, PA
On May 20, 2011 at 7:05 AM Pacific Time, Sara E. wrote:
Good Morning Swede & my PA firends!
Today I wor****il 4:30.  I then have go home & get Caleb to take him to our scout camp.  He was elected & tapped out to join the Order of the Arrow in boy scouts.  They call it the honor society of scouts.  Anyway, this weekend he has his "ordeal"  to be a member.  They say it is not hazing, but in my book it is.  talking is prohibited and he will be led around the woods blindfolded and left in a spot all night long alone or with 1 other scout.  He will just have the clothes on his back.  yeah it will be 54F and raining here all night....nice.  Then in the am he will be given an egg & 2 matches (he will not be eating at all)  He tried to make a fire last night & cook an egg...it took about 20 matches.  Then they work them like slaves all day long.  I think they get an orange and a piece of bread for lunch.  Then after other crap they get in the AO.  Sounds like a pile of crap to me.  He is excited and terrified all at the same time.  I said I ought to go since I have 2 ponds left to lose...he gave me an evil look at my sarcasm. 
Then Sat we go to my MiL surprise bday party....an Amish feast at an Amish farm near them...that will suck.  And yeah, she doesn't like me either.  Sunday I pick Caleb up, take him home, then I am to go see Bridemaids with a friend. That is the whole weekend...oh, yeah, I am sure there will be some shopping in there somewhere too :)
Sara
Order of the Arrow is TOTALLY hazing. I got in, but then never went back. Way too much bullying for my tastes.

But i survived the weekend as a doughy little butterball of a lad, so I'm sure your son will be fine. Just tell him to keep his mouth shut and don't give anybody a reason to notice him and he'll be fine.
Sara E.
on 5/20/11 2:52 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Thanks Norman.
Caleb has been bullied this school year.  I came mighty close to filing a criminal complaint against the kids and the school district.  I have written about his plight here wuite often.  I told him if it gets too bad to tell them to ?@#$ off and call me.  I will come & get him.
Sara

lynnc99
on 5/20/11 12:01 pm
Sara, we live right out here in Amish country but the whole dinner thing gives me the heebie jeebies. My DH is a "food guy" - works in the food industry for a living. He quietly points out that these people do not have sanitation in their homes, or refrigeration in the way that we know it.

So....read between the lines. He won't "do" baked goods at the markets either.
(deactivated member)
on 5/20/11 12:36 am
Here in work already had breakfast read my morning readings on the old internet and now thinking what the hell do I do all day. Work is that borng plus I do not feel 100% today and I have to work this evening.

Tomorrow going to an all day seminar with some friends then going to dinner. Then I will come home and clean the downstairs. Then maybe go see a friends band play but I have not even mentioned it to Den yet ( Hi Pumpkin) or maybe just stay put and get a good nights sleep. I am slowing down right?

Last night the rain held off till my g/f's daughter got in the limo then the sky opened up. Den got stuck in work late but he managed to see her. We then hung for a little bit then made our way home caught up on American Idol. Very happy with the results on our end.

Life is Good...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views