Going cruzin'!!

gmom62
on 5/19/11 4:31 am - Clifton Heights, PA
Hello my PA peeps,

Six weeks from this weekend, my husband and I, along with his family, are going on a cruise to Bermuda.  This is not our first time there.  But it is our first time without any of our kids!  Not sure how I feel about that.  This will be our first vacation without them.  The husband is excited about that.  Me, the jury is still out on that one.  Mind you, our kids are 29, 26, and 21.  But still, I'm used to vacationing with them.

Anyway, I'm posting because I need help from my fellow lady loosers.  I was wondering if anyone had any nice evening/dinner/****tail dresses that I could borrow.  I'm wearing a size large, 12/14.  Nothing formal, just kinda fancy.  Also does not have to be black.  I actually already have a black dress.    My husband told me I should just buy a couple of sun dresses.  But they are not appropriate for dinner.  I've been checking the consignment shops and Goodwill and Salvation Army without much luck.  I don't want to pay $50+ for a dress that I'm going to wear one time and my not even fit into it again.

Any comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,
Cyd

Lisa H.
on 5/19/11 4:50 am, edited 5/19/11 4:50 am - Whitehall, PA
 I have this one, size 14P

Photobucket

and this one, which doesn't have a size but I think is around a 14 or so.. it's from Torrid, so I know it's at least a 14. 

Photobucket

You are welcome to borrow either, if you'd like

My tracker

hers 

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/11 4:58 am, edited 5/19/11 4:58 am
Cyd,

I am sure I have a few you can check out if you like.....I will go through the racks over the weekend. I have a pink one I wore to a wedding and a few other choices.

Also have you checked out Ross?
gmom62
on 5/19/11 7:59 am - Clifton Heights, PA
Lisa, I LOVE the pink one!  That one would be perfect.  We'll have to figure out when I can get up there.  Weekends are best since it's a bit of a drive to do during the week.  You let me know.

Beth, thanks love!  I really appreciate you checking your wardrobe for me.

I didn't even think to check Ross or Marshall's.  I don't have a Ross near me but i do have a Marshall's.

Thanks ladies,

Love you guys!

Lisa H.
on 5/19/11 10:55 am - Whitehall, PA
 I am actually going to be in Philly on Sunday afternoon.  I'm not sure exactly what time I'll be leaving.  But, I can call when I know what time I am leaving and we can meet somewhere. 

My tracker

hers 

gmom62
on 5/19/11 8:27 pm - Clifton Heights, PA
That sounds good Lisa.  My cell # 610-357-8018.

Thanks so much for doing this.  I really appreciate it.

Cyd

Decolady
on 5/19/11 9:40 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Cyd, I have a ton of inexpensive dresses in size 14 at my store.
dit657
on 5/19/11 9:56 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Cyd, I'm so envious!! We LOVE Bermuda and have cruised there several times. And trust me, as much as you love your children I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time without them for a change!!

What cruise line are you going on? Most are so casual now - I usually take one dressier pants suit or something like that, but that's about as dressed up as I get now when we go. Lisa's pink dress is HOT, though - so go for it!!

Have a fabulous time!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views