Day 19 of 90, May 19th. Let the engorging beging.

swedeville1
on 5/18/11 10:03 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
I'm trying really hard to get people interested in this thread.  Lol.  If you are reading this then take two minutes and post about your exercise plans or what you did last night.  You just may inspire someone or better yet you may inspire yourself. 

I engorged my shoulders, biceps, and triceps last night.  It was a good workout and I anticipate some soreness today and tomorrow.  I cant remember what is on tap for tonight but I think it might be legs and back or yoga.  I guess I will have to be surprised and report in tomorrow about it. 

So, do you think you can move it today?  Bet you can!!!!  Come on, you know you want to!

Swede

(hit the reply button....not the "Message Board" link)

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

dit657
on 5/18/11 10:39 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hmmm...engorged, eh?? Not sure if that's a sexual term, a technical term, or just an 'ewwww' term??!! Enlighten me.

But yes, it does pique my interest and makes me check in every day to see what you'll come up with next, and I figure as long as I'm checking in I better have something to report on the exercise front!

I am still working my way back to my best mileage and time on my exer-bike - it's slow going but it's going, and I'm doing IT, and that's the important thing. Honestly seeing hubby get on it at night and working out a bit is almost as encouraging as this thread! And he says he feels much better for it - incentive for both of us to keep going.

Tonight I will be biking it again - walking the dog - not sure what else. I know it's not the P90X work-out but hey, it's something for an old lady, right??

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
swedeville1
on 5/18/11 10:49 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA

Ummm, the engorging relates to blood flow into the muscles that are being exercised.  Cmon, SA dont be thilly.

Thanks for checking in daily and posting your efforts.  Well done getting your hubby motivated as well.  Its always easier to get moving yourself if your spouse is exercising too.  If you keep this exercising up I may have to drop the Slack-ass handle and come up with something else.  I will give it some thought.

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

dit657
on 5/18/11 10:54 pm - Boothwyn, PA
So I was correct in that it could be a sexual term as well - ha!

What? Give up my SA title?? But I've grown so fond of it! As my brother told me the last time we were together I was the most NON-athletic one in our family (he pointed this out as we were playing Wii) - and not that he isn't correct in saying that, but I have exercised (on and off) most of my life due to being FLUFFY most of my life!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Lisa H.
on 5/19/11 12:12 am - Whitehall, PA
 engorged muscles.. yeah.. no... 

didn't make it to the gym last night.. spent my evening bargain shopping and getting some pretty good deals on groceries.  

Tonight, I WILL go to body pump and pilates.  I have to get to Pump early enough to get the right weights and a full bar set.  Tuesday, I was the last one in and ended up with only 1 clip to hold the weights on, so I was nervous the whole time about them falling off.  PLUS, there were no medium sized weights left, so I had heavy (which was too heavy for some exercises) and light (which of course were too light for some exercises).  I ended up using dumb bells for some of the workout and it just wasn't quite the same.  I will make sure I am early enough tonight so that doesn't happen again.  

My tracker

hers 

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/11 4:30 am - Eastern, PA
I love posting in this thread. It is one of my small selfish rewards for working out.

39 minutes on the 5k this morning. I'm thrilled to death about that. It's the music that keeps me chugging, even on the uphiulls.

And did a 35 minute shoulder and tricep workout at the gym. That went well.

I'm done for the day, other than some walking around at the stotre to ight with Mary.

gmom62
on 5/19/11 4:50 am - Clifton Heights, PA
I am VERY glad you started this thread.  It makes me think twice about NOT exercising. Like today.  This morning I slept in since I didn't get to bed till 11:30.  So tonight, weather permitting I will walk 6 miles outside.  If it's raining, I'll drag my ass to the gym which I HATE going to at night.  It's so crowded and smelly!!  Either way, I'll let you know later what I wind up doing.

Keep it up folks!!

Cyd

lynnc99
on 5/19/11 8:06 am
I love these threads too! Don't stop!

Plus, I can't say that I've been involved in many conversations about engorgement lately. Well, not using that word anyway.

I'm sitting in the car right now and heading into the gym in a minute. An hour from now I should be sweating like crazy.

And opted outmofmamweekend option/obligation until I could figure out how to get a workout into the picture. Hows that?
Maura M.
on 5/19/11 1:13 pm - Yardley, PA
Still being lame - walked at lunch - didn't go to the park - didn't know if the weather would hold, so I did laps around the building.. it was greater than nothing, but not enough
Maura

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views