I'm Done

Mary Benford
on 5/19/11 12:53 am, edited 5/19/11 12:54 am - Emmaus, PA
Cheryl.P
on 5/19/11 2:31 am - Philadelphia, PA

wow this is sad for me and happy for you. you do deserve a break. i want to say thank you. you have been very supportive. you always know exactly what to say , and how to make people feel good about themselves. that is a rare quality.
you have helped me, you always made it feel safe to open up about fears and have always had great advise.
i wish i was better able to express how much you have helped ,and how much you will be missed.i feel like a two year old who just had their favorite blanket torn away. it won't be the same without you.
you deserve you retirement, so enjoy it knowing you have touched so many lives for the better.

cheryl

Dennis Belk
on 5/19/11 2:53 am - Philadelphia, PA

Awwww thank you Cheryl, thank you soooo much.
You've expressed your thoughts just fine, I get it.
Glad you've benefited from all we do.
Keep coming because you're really working it.
You are doin' GREAT!

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/11 3:14 am, edited 5/19/11 3:18 am - Eastern, PA
Tried to post a message from Mary, but it just won't go. Some kind of formatting issue.

Dammit.

Anyway, check facebook. maybe it'll work there.

Dammit.

Thanks for eveything Dennis. You've been a great freind to both of us.
Dennis Belk
on 5/19/11 5:30 am - Philadelphia, PA
Awww Norm it's alright. I think it finally came through.
Thanks bud.
Funny, just last night I was mouthing your words and giving you credit for your "there's no expiration date on your RNY".
Love you both and hope to see you more.
Later
Mary Benford
on 5/19/11 3:23 am - Emmaus, PA

Dennis,

Where do I even begin….     Maybe at the beginning?  From the very first moment I met you : which as a side note.. just so happened to be the day after my surgery…  a Wednesday, and was the night of the support group meeting..   I was laying in my hospital bed, feeling absolutely horrible, and I heard you all making your rounds.  I turned and said to my mom.." Whatever you do…  do NOT let those people in here, I’m not in the mood…"   Thankfully she didn’t listen, and plowing into my room you came, full of smiles, laughter and encouraging words…  : I knew that you were someone very very special.  If you can imagine two people hearts connecting from the moment they met ( in the most non-romantic way of course Norm and Beth LOL)  that is exactly what happened that night.  From that moment on..  you were there for me. I absolutely love you Dennis with everything I am.. and don’t think I could have gotten this far, and have been this successful if it wasn’t for you.  No matter what the reason was..  if I was happy, excited, sad, nervous, stubborn, or scared..  you were there with open arms to comfort me.. and sometimes, give me a swift kick in the @$$ lol . Selfishly I’m glad that you’re finally allowing yourself the time to take care of you…  your new life.. and your new love.  If anyone does..  you deserve it!  You’ve touched so many people in this world, and thankfully again, Norm and I are lucky enough to call you “friend".  It’s not every day you meet or find someone like you…  someone who’s so full of this amazing energy, and someone who’s so willing to share it with others.  From the very very bottom of my heart..  I love you..  always will. 

Thank you for everything of yourself that you’ve given to this group…  now..  take some time for YOU.

We’ll always be in touch, we both know that. 

Lovin you always…

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

Dennis Belk
on 5/19/11 5:37 am - Philadelphia, PA

Awwww Mary, yep we understand these connections that get created. They were probably always there, we just had to live in the right time and place to find them.
Well, we've found them.
Thank you for your tender words, they do mean the world to me.
I know Beth and I will be making plans to see more of you and Norm and the peeps up there.
It's been to long.

Love you,

Dennis

jojobear98
on 5/19/11 3:42 am - Gettysburg, PA
Dennis,
I can't even express in words how grateful I am to have you in my life. I am not a Barix person, nor do I live close to you. But you STILL reached out to me. You've set me straight, gotten real with me and even made phone calls to talk me through tough times. You are amazing in EVERY sense of the word.

Your kindness and compassion is above and beyond anything I've ever seen in any other human being. You are one of a kind, and extremely special to so many people.

I am so happy for you and your decision. I remember telling you, "You are there for all of us, where do you turn when you need it?"

I keep re-reading this, re-typing it, and quite frankly, I just cannot find the words to explain what you mean to me and how happy I am to know you! So I will leave it at that!

Hugs, Hugs & MORE Hugs!

Jo

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Dennis Belk
on 5/19/11 5:41 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Jo,

I'm just so pleased with you and all you continue to do with your family and friends all the way over there, but can still take time out to be with us over here.
Amazing!

Thank you, always,

Dennis
gmom62
on 5/19/11 4:18 am - Clifton Heights, PA
Dennis,

Just wanted to take a moment to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being who you are. I am not a Barix patient but that didn't stop you from opening your arms and ears to me.  I am sooo very grateful for having the opportunity to know who you are and the wonderful human being that is Dennis Belk.

I hope that this "retirement" finally gives you the time you need to spend with family, friends, loved ones whatever it is that you will be doing.  It is time for you to make time for YOU.

Thank you again.

Much love,
Cyd

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views