I'm Done

Dennis Belk
on 5/19/11 5:45 am - Philadelphia, PA

Thank you Cyd.
The time will be well used as soon as figure out what to do with all of it, but seriously it will allow me to focus a bit more on me and mine. That will be good.

Life is good,

Dennis

Boogaloo
on 5/19/11 5:34 am - PA
Dennis,
As a lifelong Pittsburgh'er, I could never root for the Eagles :)   but since my surgery there have been many times that I have wished that I lived on the other side of the state.  This is because of what I gained from knowing (via this site) you and Shauna.

What ever the reason, I am sure you are the making the best decision for everyone involved.  And most importantly, I hope it is the best thing for you.  Leaders step up when needed and just like you did. 

Best of everything to you,
Lou
Dennis Belk
on 5/19/11 5:50 am - Philadelphia, PA

Thank you Lou,

I really appreciate you and your words.
There's just no telling what might happen in our future but I know we'll all get together from around the state to do something really big and supportive.
Look out!

Love you,

Dennis

lynnc99
on 5/19/11 8:12 am
Dennis, thank you for your leadership, patience, and warmth that have helped all of us feel welcome at Barix support. You are a star! Hope to see you in the circle in the future.
Dennis Belk
on 5/19/11 11:52 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Lynn,
Thank you and yes you will me seeing me at future meetings. I may leave the nest for a little while but you always come back home.
Looking forward to seeing you there!

Dennis
(deactivated member)
on 5/20/11 12:24 am
Do you really know just how proud of you I am with making this decision?
While so many know of all that you give of yourself and absorb at the meetings. Do they really know how much you take on their joy and pain they share? You are a caring soul that does not leave it when you walk out the door at Barix. That is what a leader is you have the learned from those before you and craved your own path in holding Confidences, Intergerity, Compassion and Love. You show no baise in these traits you will comfort those that respect you and show comapssion for those that disrespect you. You are one of few that I think hold that quality.
Do those that love you at the meetings know you chose to give up close to 12 vacation days a year to be there that 3rd Wednesday of the month since you work in NYC and lived for 2 years over 2 hours away from Barix?

You have had praise from those that have walked this road ahead of you Audrey and Peggy they know what this role of leader does to a person. You have earned the time to take for your own personal growth and heal yourself.

You have made quite a choosen family in this WLS community with many that love you and will always be there for you just as you have been there for them. Let them hold you when you need them to now you have held enough.
The doors to our home will be open always to many when they need you either walking through our door or dialing our number.

While many here love you none of them love you more then me. I love you for the man you are and the man you will be.
You are my heart and soul.

Your Cowgirl
Dennis Belk
on 5/20/11 2:15 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you My Beth, My Cowgirl,
Very few know me as well as you do. Know that I'm just a man who has always been humbled by the out pouring of thanks and kind words from Everyone. I do what I do... just because I do. There's no magic to it, yet at times it does seem magical, even to me. I am the fortunate to finally find this place in time. It's been glorious and I've never been happier with a love and soulmate I've found in you and the forever friendships I've found in my peeps.

I'm the lucky one.

Love you!

Den
ladychief231
on 5/27/11 1:43 am - Douglassville, PA
Dennis,

Thanks for all you did for everyone. You were certainly a welcoming face when I first came to Barix.

Be well,
Teresa C
Dennis Belk
on 5/27/11 2:24 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Teresa.
You too.
Hope to see you somewhere down the road.
Have a great journey.
Miss you.

Dennis
LindaScrip
on 6/6/11 10:40 pm
oh darn!!!! first Oprah now Dennis now we are in deep doo doo!  Dennis you did good and I mean it from the bottom of my heart all the way up to my 5 foot and 2 and a 1/2 inches.  You decided its time and you can honestly say you accomplished it and made a difference in our lives for the better.  I so wish nothing but the best that life has to offer for you.  Love, Linda.  Take care.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views