Weirdo Wednesday Roll Call

dit657
on 5/10/11 10:08 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Sometimes a picnic in the park with the wife and kids trumps a P90X work-out - sounds like a blast!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Sara E.
on 5/10/11 10:31 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Swede,
I am envious...I did not ride my bike to work today.  I was running late and had a 8 am meeting with my manager.  I did not want to be late, so I took the boring car....I get to work and there is an email rescheduling the meeting until tomorrow....grrrrrrrrr.  I should've rode the bike.  I will have to hop on for a ride after work.  Enjoy the ride home....it is to be sunny and 75 here.
Sara

Nicole0216
on 5/10/11 10:57 pm - Lancaster, PA
I love picnics sounds wonderful
dit657
on 5/10/11 10:14 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - I'm back at work after my 'issues' yesterday - feeling much better. Now just digging thru the things that piled up in my Outlook mailbox and on my desk. Have to rearrange a few things today because I over-booked my conference room - then order lunch for the office. It'll happen - just have to get my thoughts together.

My sister called last night to update me on my brother - he is have a biopsy today and 'exploratory' surgery to see if they can remove the mass they found - apparently it is either very close to attached to his pulmonary artery, much like my mother's cancer was. So I'm hoping and praying that the biopsy is negative and they can remove the mass easily. Vicki said he's been very quiet about all of it and not sharing a lot, so she's trying to get information out of his girlfriend when she can.

Tonight is a memorial service for my neighbor who died so we'll be attending that. I met her sister the other day and she was a lovely person - the other sister who didn't want to talk to me has issues of her own that I understand more now since I spoke to the other sister. Anyway, I'm sure it will be a sad ceremony - had she listened to the advice of her sisters and either moved back to England where she had family or gone into assisted living she would still be alive - she was only 61.

On a llghter note little 'Chester' is doing very well at my stepdaughter's house - and some things do happen for a reason because they lost one of their dogs the day after we took Chester ot them.

And that's it for me - I need to get moving and get my day started.

Kathy

Nicole0216
on 5/10/11 10:54 pm - Lancaster, PA
Kathy glad Chester is happy in his new home. It is so nice that you took this on yourself to help so many people would have turned away.

I will keep your brother in my thoughts
dit657
on 5/10/11 11:00 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Thank you Nicole - animals are so helpless in these matters and the poor little thing probably would have been put down because he was such a mess when we got him out of the house. But he is a loving, happy little guy - I would have kept him if we didn't already have a dog. I felt so bad not being able to help my neighbor (she shut herself off from everyone - believe me, we all tried), so the least I could do was help that little dog.

Thank you for the thoughts on my brother, too - I know we're all remembering my mom and what she went through...praying it's not the same for him. Going to be a long day.

Sara E.
on 5/10/11 10:38 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Last night's scout meeting went great. Caleb was surprised and happy & proud.  2 politicians and our sheriff showed up, as well as my best freind & her son who is a scout in another troop.  He got 5 awards/citations , but not the boy scout one I feel they cheated him out of...long story & most of you have heard my complain about it. 
Today I work then I need to pick out living room paint.  I wanted to get it painted by my surgery date (06-29)  and the painter called yesterday and said he would paint the ceiling today and prep the walls and paint the walls Thur & Fri...so off to  Lowe's last night & I got the ceiling paint I really like.  (Otherwise he was looking at a July date---yuk.)  Soooo,tonight I have to choose a medium brown color and buy it.  Next I need new window treatments.  By this time next week I will have a nice new living room....yay me!  The guys, BTW, are against all of my plans.  I am sure you notice that I am doing what I want.  All part of my RNY "me first" mantra.  Selfish...maybe...but now I feel I deserve it.  Have a great humpday everyone.
Sara

Nicole0216
on 5/10/11 10:55 pm - Lancaster, PA
good for you put yourself first it is totally fine.
Congrats to Caleb
(deactivated member)
on 5/10/11 11:32 pm
Another beautiful day here in the neighborhood. I woke up feeling pretty good since I got home way earlier then expected last night and that means got to bed early as well. I needed that for sure plus had a cute teddy bear to snuggle with.

I have been so busy the last few day I feel like I have not spent any time other then sleeping (and I mean real sleep) with Dennis. So tonight I am looking forward to our Wednesday night TV time just the two of us. I did suggest we go out to eat for dinner to our local place Maggie's for dinner since it is so nice out. Then maybe a walk along the waterfront since Maggies is right on the waterfront.

Tomorrow I am off work and making my way with one of my most supportive friends Sharon to NYC to see a taping of the Wendy Williams show. I LOVE Wendy and had to give my tickets last time since there was a little sleep over going on at the Ranch. We are going to the afternoon taping for Fridays show then we will meet Dennis in the city have dinner at a Mexican place his coworkers tipped him off to then hed home since we all have to return to work on Friday.

I have been weighing the Pros/ Cons about giving up my second job (DJing) and think I do know what the answer is in my heart. Don't panic Lisa! I think I will finish out 2011 then give it up in 2012 still tossing around ideas.

Life is Good!
Lisa H.
on 5/10/11 11:41 pm - Whitehall, PA
 not going to panic.. I know that even if you don't finish out 2011, you'll still do the planned gig on October 29.  Siehara will hunt you down if you don't 

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views