Day 12 - May 12th! Keepin' up? Joinin' in?

kgoeller
on 5/12/11 3:45 am - Doylestown, PA
How are you moving today ?  How are you incorporating a formal PLAN of movement into your life?

Today I have a personal training appointment at 6:30.  Nothing like it to push yourself well beyond what you normally would even in a hard workout, especially when you're training with a couple of other people.  I'll follow my usual routine and get there half-hour before hand to do a run, then the training appointment.

So.... who's with me???

Karen
Lisa H.
on 5/12/11 3:59 am, edited 5/12/11 12:11 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Hey Karen.. enjoy your personal training session. 

I'll be headed back to the gym proteined up for Body Pump followed by Pilates.  

It should be a great night!

ETA:  FOILED by my child's lack of discipline.. She was at the creek and just came back.. class starts in 3 minutes.  I am going to see what else I can do there before pilates, but I was really looking forward to going to Body Pump.   

Now to figure out the consequence for this one..  

CHANGED AGAIN:  Made it for a bit more than 1/2 of the Body Pump class.  I deserved it!!!  Stayed for pilates!! Feel great now!

My tracker

hers 

swedeville1
on 5/12/11 10:03 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Great job remaining flexible and commited.  Rolling with the resistance, awesome!

You rock

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

lynnc99
on 5/12/11 4:17 am
I did an hour of aerobics at the gym today. I was SORE after last night's BodyAttack class but hung right in there.

Tomorrow is my "off" day for the week because of my work schedule.
(deactivated member)
on 5/12/11 5:52 am - Eastern, PA
I'm in!

Ran/walked (70/30) 5k this morning and cut 2 minutes of my time since starting this week.

Also did a 30 minute shoulder/tricep weight train over lunch.

I'm sore, but good sore.

:)
gmom62
on 5/12/11 6:04 am - Clifton Heights, PA
I'm checking in as well,

I walked 3 miles this morning. 30 minutes at lunch time and will be doing 4 miles tonight after dinner with my daughter.

I have got to get myself a good pair of running shoes.  I really want to start running but my only sneaks I have now are my New Balance walking shoes.  Can anyone recommend good running shoes?  I have some feet issues so I may just go to a running specialty store.  Any suggestions though would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cyd

kgoeller
on 5/12/11 6:40 am - Doylestown, PA
Cyd,

Your best bet is really to go to a GOOD running store and talk to them.  Also do a little research into the different "philosophies" of running shoes.  There's a ton of good info on sites like nikerunning.com to get you started.

Personally, i LOVE my barefoot running shoes.  They have resolved so many problems for my hips, legs, back, and knees - truly awesome.  You don't have to get the admittedly dorky toe-shoe type - there are about 8 brands out there right now that qualify as barefoots without LOOKING like barefoots.  Some good info on barefoot runners is at:  http://www.barefootrunner.com/ and
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-267--13401-0,00.html

Enjoy and good for you to get out and MOVE!!!

Karen
(deactivated member)
on 5/12/11 9:13 am - Hatboro, PA
I was a total slacker yesterday and skipped.. But I went to the gym this afternoon.

Did 3.5 miles/60 minutes walking on the treadmill, and then 2.9 miles/10 minutes on the bike.  I'm trying to get to the gym everyday. 
Maura M.
on 5/12/11 10:20 am - Yardley, PA
2 mile walk at lunch today and 40 min on treadmill intervals of walking 3.5 & jogging on 5 :)

can't wait till 4pm tomorrow - then the weekend starts!!  yay
Maura

Lisa0719
on 5/12/11 10:49 am - PA
4 days in a row at the gym.  a new record for me.  I'm increasing my eliptical time by a minute or two every day. 

104 lbs lost now Maintenance BABY!!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views