Internal hernia?

mom2pugs
on 5/9/11 8:31 pm - McVeytown, PA
Hi,
I'm about 3 years post-op and doing pretty good. I lost a total of 150lbs although I've put back on about 30lbs that I am working on loosing now.
My problem is pain on my left side just below and under my ribs. It usually feels like I get a cramp there if I move wrong. It usually goes away quickly.
In March I had some pretty bad pain there and went to the hospital. They did tests and said it could be an ulcer or gastritis. I don't believe it is either of them
I was up all night with the same pain again last night. I did get a cramp there yesterday working in my garden but it went away.
I was just reading about internal hernias and was wondering if anyone had one and what their symptoms were.
My bowels are OK and I don't feel sick except for the pain.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks, Kathy
Dennis Belk
on 5/9/11 11:24 pm, edited 5/9/11 11:25 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Kathy,

I suggest you seek out your bariatric surgeon and give him your symptoms. And go from there. Further examination may be necessary, scans or endoscopy, to find out what's going on.

I had a internal hernia when I was 2 1/2 years out but my symptoms were more serious than yours. No or limited bowel movements. Mine's eventually required 2 surgeries within 6 days and my recovery was very difficult. I don't mean to frighten you but I wouldn't let this linger. Handle it as soon as you're able. We WLSers are more fragile than before so don't let time pass thinking the condition will improve or go away.

Handle it.

Good Luck,

Dennis

mom2pugs
on 5/10/11 12:20 pm - McVeytown, PA

Thanks Dennis,
The pain was gone by the early afternoon.
I'm hoping that it isn't a hernia. Right now I don't have any insurance. My husband was laid of and is lookiing for another job.
If it happens again I will go to my surgeon and get it checked out.
Thanks for the information.
Kathy

On second thought, I think I'll call the dr tomorrow at least for a consult.

Dennis Belk
on 5/11/11 1:45 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good move Kathy!
I'm hoping it will be something minor.
All the best to you,

Dennis
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views