Stupid Question....

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/11 2:39 pm - Hatboro, PA
I have a really stupid question...

The weight that I use as my starting weight is the weight that I was at the beginning of August 1st, 2010.  At that point I was 379 lbs.  Between that time and the date of my surgery, I lost 14 lbs pre-op.  So when I actually had my band placed on August 24th, I was 365 lbs. 

What is the proper way of accounting for the weight that I lost?  Is it "cheating" to include the 14 lbs that I lost pre-op in my total weight lost?  As of right now, I've lost 94 lbs since the beginning of August.  But only 80 of those pounds came after surgery.

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/11 4:39 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Honey, it ALL counts!!

Congratulations!
lynnc99
on 5/6/11 7:38 pm
My high weight was 15 lbs. More than my day of surgery weight....and I count each and every pound!
purplecrayon
on 5/6/11 8:38 pm - NJ
That is an awesome question bc I wonder the same thing when people ask my weight. My husband had RNY August of last year as well. He started his journey in March or last yr at 355, lost 23 pounds on Pre op diet and went in surgery at like 330ish. Today, he is 9 months out and he tells everyone he lost 150 pounds, whi*****ludes a little of what he lost between March and August and the Pre op.
I started this journey in December for my initial consultation at 246. Between December and April I lost 11 pounds. Started Pre op diet at 235 and Surgery April 25th at 225. My hubby is telling me to count from my consultation, I just think it's wrong and count from Pre op. Hmmmmm......
 url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTHloIc/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wTHloIc/weight.png[/img] [/url]
Lisa H.
on 5/6/11 9:19 pm - Whitehall, PA
 EVERY POUND COUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't matter how you lost it.  YOU LOST IT!!!!

My tracker

hers 

Sara E.
on 5/6/11 10:59 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
I agree...every pound counts!

Sara

dit657
on 5/6/11 11:12 pm - Boothwyn, PA
You're not the first one to ask this question - I know I did. And like everybody said - no matter if you lost it pre-op - I'm sure your surgeon wanted you to lose some to make your surgery go smoother.

I actually lost 50 lbs from the date of my initial consultation at Barix and the day of my surgery! I had to do 3 months of supervised diet & exercise for insurance purposes and lost 33 that way, then I went on the 10 day liquid diet required by my surgeon and lost 17 more so you better believe I count it!!

Much continue success to you - you're doing great!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
sandy L.
on 5/7/11 5:00 am - Altoona, PA
 I've often wondered about this also David...So, I just say "I've lost _____lbs since my journey began".   Yes you've worked hard since your initial consultation to get the weight off, so yes I think you should count it.   KUDOS by the way on the weight loss, you're doing great.

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/11 5:44 am - Hatboro, PA
Thanks everyone.  I'm just glad that I'm not the only person that has wondered about this same thing. 
Cherish F.
on 5/7/11 5:46 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi - I asked the same question around my 6 month mark. And I agree with everyone else. Every pound counts!! I use my start weight from my consult in December 2009.
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views