Day 6 of 90...May 6

swedeville1
on 5/5/11 10:05 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
These posts have been confusing me.  Im not sure what im supposed to post about, either what ive done or what i plan to do, so I will post both. Also, I changed the topic line to keep better track of it. I hope no one minds. 

Last night I went to volleyball and played from 7:00 till 9:00.  It was pretty cool but I didnt have to work as hard as I would have liked.  I got a little sweat going but thats about it.  I try to rely on volleyball to replace the p90x workoughts on the nights I switch.  The thursday league is coed and there are some unwritten rules on not playing too hard/aggressive and that tends to mean I dont have to work as hard and I get less of a benitif from it.  But hey its better than sitting on my a$$ so I will take it. 

Tonight im not sure what I will be doing but if I do p90x then I think im on the back and legs workout.  Its not my favorite because of all the pull ups but I suppose if its hard for me then its good that I keep at it, right?

Who is moving today and did you keep to your plans from yesterday?  Be accountable for yesterday and tell us what you plan to do today.  Keep it up everyone!  Summer is just around the corner!

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

kgoeller
on 5/5/11 11:46 pm - Doylestown, PA
Swede,

The intent in the postings is to remain accountable to doing something planned every day for 9 days.  For those of us who work out in the morning, it's easier to post what we've done for that day - for others, they post their commitment to what they are going to do later in the day if that's what works for them.  I think the key is in the planning and statement - makes it a conscious choice.

For today, my plans have gotten a bit rearranged due to a funeral this morning for a friend's (twin) sister, so I didn't get to the gym so I could get into work early so I can step out for 2 hours without impacting our cutover this weekend.  So... instead of the gym, I am planning to go for a long and brisk walk tonight in Peace Valley Park, around Lake Galena.  Depending on time and family plans, I may try to do the whole shebang, which I believe is around 6 - 7 miles.   I will at a BARE minimum do 3 miles.

Karen

dit657
on 5/5/11 11:58 pm - Boothwyn, PA
OK Swede - so the goal is to do something constructive in the exercise department for 90 days straight? Because I've read about that P90X thing and I'm pretty sure it's well beyond my agility and capabilities!! I'm an old woman, remember??!! But I can do SOMETHING, so I will begin Sunday morning - that will be my Mother's Day gift to ME - making time for ME!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
swedeville1
on 5/6/11 12:41 am - Mount Pleasant, PA
Yay for Kathy!  Good job joining the 90 day challenge.  Yes it is a motivational tool and a way to remain accountable to exercising is some shape or form for 90 days.  I cant think of many better gifts to give to yourself for mother's day.  After rereading your profile I will suggest that you dust of your bike or maybe even look back into Curves (you were really pumped about that at one time).  Just some ideas that have been successful for you in the past.  Im excited for you.

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

dit657
on 5/6/11 12:51 am - Boothwyn, PA
The bike is definitely coming back out - I didn't ride it at all last year, and I think a lot of it was more emotional than anything since it was the last birthday gift my mom gave me before she passed away, but it's siting there taunting me every time I pull into the garage - and my husband's new one is right beside it, so they're definitely coming out!

I did enjoy Curves but the one by me closed and their hours didn't work once our doggy daycare changed locations. I have a recumbant bike at home as well as a treadmill and eliptical at the clubhouse that I can use. Also have wrist/ankle weights I can add once I get going again.

One thing I might treat myself to is a new iPod - I had an MP3 I loved and it bit the dust and I really miss having my playlists to work out to - they were great motivators.

OK, so here is my goal - I'm putting it in writing (sort of) - at the end of this 90 day challenge I am going to be back up to riding my recumbant bike for 15 miles in 45 minutes - that was my biggest achievement and I know I can do it!!

I'm excited now too!! And it looks like I need to go out and READ my damn profile again!! 

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Cherish F.
on 5/6/11 10:15 am - Philadelphia, PA
Came home from work, got changed right away and headed for the track at the local high school. Figured today I would try the Couch to 5k app. Was doing ok with the jogging portion, until my pants fell down. Like, below my butt and halfway down my thighs down. Needless, to say I finished the 2 miles at a brisk walk. Oh, and I apparently need to buy new work out clothes. Lol.
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Lisa H.
on 5/6/11 12:51 pm - Whitehall, PA
 everybody sing...

Pants on the Ground, pants on the ground..lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground!

LOVE YOU and soooo glad you texted me that message.  Now get yourself some new pants would ya?!?!

My tracker

hers 

Lisa H.
on 5/6/11 12:52 pm - Whitehall, PA
 I was going to go to the gym,but never made it.. too late to do anything now..   mad at myself for not making myself go.  

But, tomorrow is another day.

My tracker

hers 

Sara E.
on 5/6/11 1:28 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA

I rearranged my work schedule to go to York to help my friend today...long story.  Anyway, I thought I looked pretty good and when we were done with her stuff and walked miles for exercise, she said we were going to Old Navy to get me "hot" jeans.  She said mine were not the right syle for me.  1 hour later I left with a lovely size 4 short "hot" pair of jeans in hers & a salesgirls opinion.  They are not my style at all but they both said I looked tons better in them that the ones I walked in with..so I bought them. BTW....I am in a 4...what?!?  I never thought I would ever say that.  I went from a 32 to a 4...yow-za!  That is the best Mother's Day gift I could have given myself.
Sara

lynnc99
on 5/6/11 7:42 pm
I missed 2 days of formal workout Thursday and Friday. Work demands and getting ready to return home from FL got in the way. But I did clean house like a crazy person, and I will be home in time to see what the gym has to offer, or gat least get a walk in!

Now, if my flight connected in Atlanta, that souls be a guaranteed workout right there!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views