Thrilling??? Thursday Roll Call

steffihope
on 5/4/11 3:11 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning everyone in PA - Oh- and a shout out to you Jersey Peeps too!  Just wanted to get you guys in here!

After my quick and annoying post this morning, I am still up at 1:07 AM.  Was watching the STUPID Flyers Game with a friend, we got aggravated, started watching the Phillies game, and never left the sofa - Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, you know.....they do entertain me! :)  So here I am wide awake - tomorrow will NOT be pretty.

Anyway - tomorrow, school, half day with the students, afternoon with parent/teacher conferences, of which I might see 3 or 4 parents - of course, of the kids who I don't have any issues with.  After school, need to get to the bank and I am thinking a run to the mall for a bathing suit.  Mine finally bit the dust.  It is literally hanging off my ass.  And so NOT because of the weight loss, its because the elasticity finally gave in!  So, I might do that.  Otherwise I have NOTHING planned.  YAY!  Very exciting for me.  Maybe I will get my bills done - you all know how much fun THAT is! :)

Hope your Thursday is thrilling!
Pam Hart
on 5/4/11 7:40 pm - Easton, PA

Hola! 

Well for me it's the same ol same ol.  I'm at work right now, leaving at 7, and going back to work tonight.

Not only do I need to sleep just because, but....

Thursday nights are known as "thirsty thursdays" on the campus of Kutztown U  (read frat and sorority parties because there's almost no classes on fridays)  AAAANNNNDDDD it's cindo de mayo.  Now...none of these kids are freaking spanish.  But it's an excuse.  Not to mention all the fine upstanding citizens of center city allentown and the surrounding area who ARE spanish.  And obviously are saluting their heritage in the only correct way...by getting plastered.

Our favorite saying...what gets drunk, will fall down.  The ER is gonna be a mad house tonight, no ifs ands or butts about it.  So that'll be my night......

Feliz cinco de mayo!

P

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 5/4/11 8:02 pm - Lancaster, PA

Good Morning Steffi and PA.
Hope you are feeling ok this am since you got little sleep and seemed a bit annoyed with people yesterday.  Today I am at work got a busy day, and then therapy tonight. Completed day 3 on my abstinent food plan, has not been that difficult but I know the weekend will be the test.  Jason released one of his apps to the Amazon store so that is fun seeing what is going to happen.

My step niece is getting married Tuesday. It was kind of last minute but it is at Langley AFB so it is within driving distance but I cannot get off work, Bummed.

Hope you all have a nice day and stay safe and sane

jastypes
on 5/4/11 10:41 pm - Croydon, PA
Good morning, Nicole and my PA Peeps!  Nicole, I just wanted to encourage you and to let you know it does get easier!  I cannot believe it, but I have 58 days abstinent today!!!  Well, my definition of abstinent anyway.  No sugar/snack foods/fast foods.  At some point during the past 58 days I also gave up sugar free goodie substitutes (candy/cake/ice cream).  I've made a plan every day and stuck to it.  It feels amazingly awesome.

I go back to the doctor tonight to get my BP checked.  The rest of the night I will be watching Sex in the City with my daughter.  We rented the 1st season DVD.  It's the first night I've been home all week.

I'm staying sober and eating sanely today.

B - 1/2 bagel w/veggie cream cheese, HB egg
S - orange
L - Healthy Choice meal
S - strawberries
D - chicken tenders and salad
S - apple with peanut butter

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Sara E.
on 5/4/11 9:08 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Good morning PA.
I am feeling a little under the weather today, so I may miss a scout meeting at the council level tonight.  I started feeling poorly Tuesday afternoon and it is just lingering.  I wor****il 4:30, if I make it all day...after that who knows?  I will see how I feel.
Sara

Lisa H.
on 5/4/11 9:27 pm - Whitehall, PA
 good lookin' out on the Jersey peeps.. we love them too!

Hope everyone's day is better than expected.. 

Woke up this morning a bit tired after being up later than I wanted to be last night, but it's all good. 

Work til 3:30 

Today is Siehara's last day of Hebrew School for this year, so I'll take her there and then I'll head over to Target to try to manipulate the sales and coupons I have so I can get a bunch of stuff for very little cash.  

After hebrew school, we'll head to the gym for pilates.  

Home from there and hopefully an early bedtime to catch up on the sleep I did NOT get last night. 

My tracker

hers 

Decolady
on 5/4/11 9:37 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Good morning PA  (and Jersey friends too)!

I have been BUSY BUSY BUSY!!  Everyone must have been cleaning out their closets last weekend, the piles of clothes coming into the store is never ending!  I moved to the larger space just in time.  I am working feverishly fast to get everything done before I leave for VACATION tomorrow!!  Bob and I are headed to Bethany Beach, DE for a week of relaxation.  It is the first vacation since opening the store and since my surgery.  We both really need the break.  The ladies who have been filling in for me will be running the store, I'm sure it will be fine.  Feels like I am leaving my baby!  Speaking of my baby, we are leaving our 19 year old son home to take care of the dogs, so if the music is too loud coming from Bethlehem Township, please let me know.

Everything else is going well, the therapist I started seeing is helping me tremendously.  She is helping me become so aware of my feelings, which helps understand why I want to eat.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day, even if I am not posting I am lurking every day.

PEACE,

Deb 
IdaMae D.
on 5/4/11 10:22 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Steffi & PA:

I'm working from home - getting ready to go get my teeth cleaned then back home to sit at the computer. 

My appt. with my PCP went well yesterday.  He said he very safisfied with the 10 pounds where I fluctuate 125 to 135, and does not want me to go under 125lbs.  I got my B-12 and feel a bit more energetic today, not much but some.  I have scripts for blood work to have drawn before my next appt. in July. 

The electrical stuff is starting to go into the addition.  Yesterday before I went to work, the electrician told me we had to talk.  How the heck am I supposed to know where I want lights, switches, plugs, etc.  Never realized I was going to have to think about that stuff.  It was so exhausting trying to figure all that out in a couple hours yesterday. 

Today I get to sit here and not only work from home but also watch the constrution guys working out in the addition.  There are some perks to this working from home   The guys are not bad to look at so I do not mind LOL

Hope everyone has a great day....

Ida

IdaMae

dit657
on 5/4/11 10:29 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hola and Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone - not that I'm Mexican or anything, and won't really be celebrating, but hey, it's a 'holiday' so wanted to wish everyone a festive day.

I'm at work feeling like a zombie today - yesterday was nuts. My little 'rescue' dog cost me an arm and a leg at the vet, even with them cutting me breaks on some things - this little dog has been gone over from a**hole to eyeballs and is ready to make his journey to Jersey on Saturday as a very expensive graduation gift for our one granddaughter, Kimi. So last night after dropping hubby off to pick up his car I ran home and got dinner going - we ate, then I had to run to the vets to pick up Chester. Home to feed both dogs, walked them, sat for a bit then had to pick my nephew up from work.

So hopefully tonight will be quieter and I'll catch up on some rest. We'll see how it goes.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 5/4/11 11:36 pm
Sunny day here in the neighborhood and I am stuck in work. Woke up and got ready for work packed my meal bag and out the door.

Last night I ran to return stuff and Fashion Bug and Macy's then was going to stop for dinner was tired came home talked to Den then put my flip flops back on went out to get a chicken so we didn't order out. We had dinner packed lunches then went to bed after watching Survivor and American Idol.

Today after work since it is Cinco DeMayo I will either cook Mexican or else if Den is feeling up to it go out to grab dinner.3 Monkeys is having a Mariachi Band and the deck is open.   I think me cooking though will be on the agenda.

Still heavy in thought over some things and think I know which way I am leaning at this point.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views