post-op approx. 1 week Anyone get migraines at night?

Margo2011
on 5/2/11 3:59 am - PA
Hello Everyone!

I've been doing well just been out about a week. Been waking up with migraine in the middle of the night. Seems to go away  with pain meds or after I drink something, ( full liquids per doctor orders) Anyone know how to prevent them or have they had them?

Thanks
Margo2011
swedeville1
on 5/2/11 4:28 am - Mount Pleasant, PA
Hi Margo, thanks for posting!  First of all let me start off by saying "I am not a Doctor" (although I do play one on T.V.) Just kidding.  Anyway, when I read this the first thought that came to mind was that I wonder if she is getting enough liquids in.  You may be dehydrated.  One of the symptoms of dehydration is headaches.  Just a thought.  How is your liquid intake?

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

Margo2011
on 5/2/11 9:55 am - PA
Hello Swede,

Thanks for the reply. I am thinking maybe it is dehydration, I don't seem to be getting down the water I did in pre-op. Know its not the 4 bottles of water I did so think you might be right. Gonna try and get more fluids in just seems like a battle right now trying to drink everything they want me to drink.

Margo2011
swedeville1
on 5/2/11 10:33 am - Mount Pleasant, PA
It is a tough job getting it all in.  Sip all day long.  Dont try to do it all at once and you should be fine.  Good luck and keep us updated!!!

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

jackie j
on 5/4/11 7:21 am - Glenmoore, PA

The second thing to consider is blood sugar.    If you were diabetic beforehand your body might be readjusting; I often woke up at night with a headache or the shakes in the beginning and when I'd take my blood it was often around 70, which was low for me.   A dannon lite and fit was just enough to steady me til morning.   You don't want much of a rise, just 10 or 15 points, or you will crash worse later on.

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views