Former Dr. P. Patient Reassigned to a new Doc DID NOT CLICK!

JinPA
on 4/29/11 9:00 am, edited 4/29/11 9:42 am - PA
Hi

I am a former patient of Dr. Pupkova's.  I just loved that woman.  She always listened and was very proactive.  I have been having some issues lately.  Nothing serious, but I think I need to get it looked at.  Made an appointment with Dr. Maymor at Barix today and was not impressed.  I found him to be cold and kind of arrogant.  I don't feel like he listened to me.  I am wondering if, at this point post op, I should just go with the GI doc that Dr. P. sent many of her patients too and forgo Barix.  I called the practice and they said that they deal with lots of post ops.   I am not sure why I should be seeing a surgeon at this point anyway, and I just felt very talked down to by him.  I know that something is up with either my stomach or intestine.  I am not an idiot. 

The whole visit was kind of ridiculous.  First they send the nutirionist in to give me the standard check up lecture.  I am at a great weight.  I did not need to see the nutritionist.  I was coming in off of an ER visit in pretty bad pain.  I needed to see the doctor ASAP.  WTH?  It was like no one listened and I was shuffled through like something on an assembly line.  All in all a frustrating and disconcerting experience.

What have your experiences been?  Former Dr. P. patients, where have you gone for care now that she is gone.  Barix changes docs so much, it just doesn't seem like a quality place to me any more.  Has anyone gone to a GI doc with gastic bypass experience for post op issues?   I don't think this is a big deal, but I do want it checked out.

Thanks.
Rick1965
on 4/29/11 11:16 am

I think you are just set on Dr Pupkova's mannerisms and style. Dr Marymor is a very competent doctor, who has a different technique than what you are use too. Like you said, he is a surgeon not a gastric doctor. He probably did want he could for you, then advised you to go to a GI doctor who is probably more suited for your situation.

Dr Marymor is a very experienced, very kind and genuine doctor, and I don't believe you have the right to down him the way you did. I am sorry if this does not not sit well with you, but I felt it was necessary to respond to your post.

Thanks ...Rick
JinPA
on 4/29/11 10:30 pm - PA
Point well taken Rick.  Looking back on the visit, he was extremely competent and very thorough in both explaining what he thought the problem was and what he thought I should do.  He did just have a very different personality.  What he said did make a lot of sense and he explained things that could be causing my pain as a result of the RNY that I never knew before.  I was extremely impressed with his konowledge and realized all of this as I reflected back on the visit early this morning.

I think that it is a personality thing, probably on my end too.  I am a bit skittish with doctors and he is very different from Dr. P.  But different is not always bad.  I think that I will take his advice and go back for at least the follow up visit.

Thanks for your input, you completely validated what I was already thinking.  I was hoping to hear from one of his patients.

Have a great day.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views