Are you ready???? May 1 is CLOSE

Pam Hart
on 4/27/11 12:07 am - Easton, PA
90 days starting may first of daily formal exercise....

Do you have a game plan?

Sneakers?

Weights or cardio equipment?

Gym membership paid?

Let's get it started in here!
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 4/27/11 12:38 am - Lancaster, PA
I am in looked at the dvd thing swede is doing think it is too much for me
but i Can do 90 days of excercise
Pam Hart
on 4/27/11 1:59 am - Easton, PA
Yup!  That's all the "challenge" was - not p90x - but rather 90 days of exercise :)
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
jackie j
on 4/27/11 7:12 am - Glenmoore, PA
You bet your sweet ass you can!!     I HATE exercise too ;-) Nic  but cable TV exercise is free!   I'm in for 90 days of that and/or walking the neighborhood now that it is nice...gotta get this roll off my belly, I can't breathe!!   I really do want to eventually do that circus thingy with you someday. 

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

swedeville1
on 4/27/11 12:57 am - Mount Pleasant, PA
I think that although the p90x is pretty intense, anyone here can do it to some extent.  My SIL did one of the dvd's last night.  Her comments to me were that her legs are killing her and she could only do half of it but she is going to try it again tonight.  The thing is, that even if she could only manage half of it, at least she is doing something for herself.  She will get better at it everytime she does it.  It is ok to work your way into it, I promise. 

However, if you are looking for something a little different i am attaching a link to the beach body page. The POWER 90 dvd's might be for you.  Less intensity, shorter workouts, and even less expensive.  In the beginning of the P90X Tony Horton says if you think this might be too much for you go and do the POWER 90 and get that base level built up and then come back to the p90x. 
http://www.beachbody.com/category/fitness_programs/getting_s tarted.do

Whatever your eventual choice i look forward to sharing in your exercise successes and the body benifits that are on the way for all of us.  Im psyched!

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

Nicole0216
on 4/27/11 1:31 am - Lancaster, PA
Thanks  for the info, the intensity and the money for sure were two concerns of mine
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/11 2:07 am
On my list of things to do is call trainer who I have not seen because of my knee but I can go back with upper body. Right???

Also I know we are going away over night Ssaturday into Sunday but have it in my head that I can get Den to a walk on the beach or boardwalk.

I am going to do my best....Are we checking in each day?
Pam Hart
on 4/27/11 11:04 am - Easton, PA
yes, I think it would be very beneficial for all of us to check in.  Accountability is HUGE for our psyche I think.

I will do my very best to start it each day - but with work and stuff I may not be able to.  Feel free to start a post if you have worked out and I haven't started it yet.
lynnc99
on 4/27/11 3:04 am
Yep, and in fact I have already numbered the days in my calendar!

I do my best workouts in a class, so that's where I will be. And I am likely to take one off day per week, just for recovery (although I could walk in those days). There may be some days when my only option is walking, but I have already sort of begun the "every day possible" schedule and feel good about it!

FYI my 110 lb. Very fit daughter and son in law are doing p90x. She says it is challenging in a BIG way! As a comparison, she says it makes the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred look like a "nice little workout."
Sara E.
on 4/27/11 6:25 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Lynn,
I do the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.  I am far from shredded and usually do level 2 or 3 with another workout too.  It is some days 'a nice little workout"  i agree.  Maybe I should look into this P90X....hmmm.

Sara

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views