New Member!

Margo2011
on 4/26/11 4:47 am - PA
Hello Everyone!

I am new to posting on  the boards but I do confess I have been lurking for a few weeks. You are all so inspiring and so much appreciated for your candor and honestly in this process we are all going through.  I am scheduled for a Rny 4/27. I lost 12 pounds on the pre-op liquid diet.  I have had some dizziness, blurred vision and just fatigued all the time.  My  Doctor called and told me to eat a regular meal tonight just nothing after midnight. My white blood count is low so he has some concerns.  Hopefully its a temporary thing and will adjust post-op. 

I just wanted to say a special thanks to Jastypes for sharing her struggle with weight and sobriety. I have a twin that suffers from addiction of drug and alcohol. He is recovering and doing well. Its been a life long addiction.  Its just since going through this process that I finally can admit that I to have a life long addiction with food.  I've always been a chubby kid but looking back it was never as bad as I had thought. Only since my adult life has it been an ongoing condition. Now Diabetes and arthritis have made it become a forefront to the quality of my life. I can no longer say I have time or next new years or after the summer I will work on it.  My time has come to face the hard truth. I'm not killing my liver with alcohol, I'm killing it with fatty liver disease.  Addiction is addiction and the sooner one figures that out in life, the sooner we can face our demons and start on the road to recovery. Its not an easy road but it is a choice we can turn to.  There is no dead end Jastypes, only the belief we have it in ourselves to take that first step. You have and I am rooting for you!

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/11 5:38 am
Margo

Welcome to the PA boards glad that you came out of the shadows. We are one of the few drama free boards and there is a real connection here that is for sure.

Best of luck to you tomorrow on your surgery and be ready it is a wild ride this journey. We will be glad to share it with you and look forward to seeing you soar.
Nicole0216
on 4/26/11 6:04 am - Lancaster, PA
welcome to the board and good luck on your journey
kgoeller
on 4/26/11 6:40 am - Doylestown, PA
Welcome, Margo and congratulations on your upcoming new life.  Feel free to ask away - whatever your questions, you'll find support and answers here.

You're so far ahead of the game in recognizing the addiction nature of this beast for so many of us.  Keeping that in your mind as you work through post-op will set you up for long-term success by enabling you to establish more positive patterns of behavior as you detox from the old ones.

A book that might interest you is "Anatomy of a Food Addiction" by Anne Katherine.  Very powerful, science-based book, with some great tools in it to work through.

Enjoy!
Karen
Margo2011
on 4/26/11 12:54 pm - PA
Thank you all for such a warm welcome.  Karen I will look for that book sounds like something I need to read.

And Beth, I am having surgery at UPMC Hamot in Erie Pa.

Thanks again for the support

Margo
bvohl
on 4/26/11 7:43 am
Margo,

Welcome to the BEST board around!!

Where are you having your surgery? Good luck to you and keep us updated on your progress!!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Pam Hart
on 4/26/11 8:02 pm - Easton, PA

I used to be very very active on this board - it is by far the best support board around and the friendships I have made are absolutely incredible...both "just" online and those who I've been lucky enough to meet in person!  I've recently made my way back and am so glad I have!

Good luck today - can't wait for an update and welcome!

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Laureen S.
on 4/26/11 8:10 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Margo,

Wishing you well today as you begin your new life, looking forward to sharing your journey.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views