***Monday Roll Call****

Sara E.
on 4/24/11 10:59 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Lisa,
Way to go not smoking for 3 days.  Keep up the great work!
Sara

Patricia R.
on 4/25/11 3:11 am - Perry, MI
Good Job with the no smoking for three days.  You go girl!!!  I had a professor in grad school who used Narcotics Anonymous to quit smoking.  The 12 Steps helped her tremendously. 

Keep up the great work.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

steffihope
on 4/24/11 10:58 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Pammy and all of PA - I am doing a quick check-in this morning - haven't had a moment to really read through what you are all up to yet - my apologies.

I am up and at school.  Relatively good mood.  I am liking what I am wearing - had a fun good morning conversation with a friend when I first got here.  Had a meeting already, going over budget things - NOT GOOD! for school next year.  Should be interesting to say the least - but at the least - I know I have a job.

Today, I am going to TRY to get back on track.  Food will still be an issue for one more day as it is the last day of passover for me - so still with the damned matzah and butter.  (And cheese - see - there IS some protein there!)  Have all my things to head to the pool after school.  Will head home to break passover with the family.  they want pizza and sushi - I don't know what I want - but most likely will get a cheesesteak without the roll - I really haven't missed bread - I have missed the meat and melted cheese on it! :)

Tonight I am hoping to have a friend come to visit who I have not seen in a while.  That is it for me - hope your Monday is a nice one!
(deactivated member)
on 4/24/11 11:33 pm, edited 4/25/11 2:02 am
Good Morning,

Back to work after a nonstop weekend with family and friends. Yet the 3 day weekend flew by way to fast.

In work this morning still lingering cough and nasal drip I think it is not a cold but I have aquired allergies. I will give the doctor a call for sure to see what it is really going on with this old girl! 

Yesterday was a nice day we had a family breakfast with my family. We had many laughs my 22 year old nephew joined us out on Saturday night so I drove him home ( when did I become the grown up) made him leave his new truck at the bar. Well his Uncle and brother secretly snuck out to return his truck home yet were going to take to the bar to retrieve a missing truck. Well it sorta back fired cause poor John had breakfast then went back to bed.

Once back home the rest of the day was quiet for Den & I we both fell asleep on the sofa then we went out to a late dinner came home curled up watched TV and made our way to bed. 

Pam, Glad you were not alone and got to spend time with LIz on the holiday. It is truly amazing when you have chosen family. I know I loved Christmas sharing it with many of my new chosen family.

Life is Good! 
Sara E.
on 4/25/11 1:59 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Beth,
That is the first time I have heard the term "chosen family"  I love it!  My chosen family is awesome!

Thanks,
Sara

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 2:04 am
Sara,

This weight loss journey has given so many more things then just weight loss. Many people right here are like family to me. Matter a fact I see them and spend more time with them then my own blood relatives.
Sara E.
on 4/25/11 2:07 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Beth,
I know what you mean.  I am hoping to make it to Liz's for her cooking class Sat so I can meet more of my chosen family.
Sara

lynnc99
on 4/25/11 2:03 am
HI everyone! It was a WONDERFUL Easter weekend in FL - not just the weather, but Mike was able to come down for a 3 day weekend for the holiday.

We didn't over do it  - he needed some down time in a big way. So Saturday was sort of just hanging out, Sunday to church, then sunset at the beach, and he heads out today.

I made a great and healthy Easter dinner btw: baked fresh cod, topped with thin sliced avocado and mango/peach salsa from Costco. Side of baked sweet potato, organic green beans, and a tossed salad with homemade cilantro lime dressing. Not bad for someone who will never quite hit the "domestic goddess" red carpet!

Hope your week is off to a good start everyone!
kgoeller
on 4/25/11 2:32 am - Doylestown, PA
Good morning, and so good to "see" you, Pam!

Good luck - sounds like a busy work schedule this week.  And I'm so glad that you had your "local family" to host you during the holidays.  

I got my butt out to the gym this morning and have been running ever since hitting the door at work today.  Just one of those days, with meeting after meeting.  Hard to get the WORK done in between.  Sigh. 

This afternoon I'm going to Eddie's appt with him at 3, then heading back to work to teach tonight.  Should be an interesting afternoon. 

Karen
Patricia R.
on 4/25/11 3:06 am - Perry, MI

Hi Pam and PA,
Glad you had a chance to have a nice visit with Liz and family on the holiday.  I had a nice visit with family and a wonderful time at worship yesterday.

Today I am having a lazy day.  Walked Utley, did dishes, napped, and now I am about to make a pot of bean soup, using the bone from a ham my sister got free at Shop Rite over the weekend.  We did not have it for Easter dinner.  I just cooked it up to share with family.

I have some laundry to do, and knitting to finish up.  This evening, I have to make my AA meeting.  I fell asleep and did not wake up in time for  the noon meeting.  Napping does that to me.

Have a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views