Sprinkly Saturday Roll Call

Nicole0216
on 4/22/11 7:40 pm - Lancaster, PA
Good Morning PA

I got to hang out if only briefly with some people I love last night so that was  good Friday night even though getting up at 430 was killer. I am working this weekend so I am up and at em. Will be working until about 10 then hopefully back to the market for a few things. Then Jason and I are having lunch with Beth M and get to meet her honey.  No plans for tonight because I have to get up early again for Sunday.

I hope you have a good weekend and that you stay dry I am pretty fed up with the wind and rain
Patricia R.
on 4/22/11 9:07 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Nicole and Family,
I am up early, coz I fell asleep and missed my Phillies game, entirely.  You all know it takes a lot for me to miss one.  They are in San Diego, and the game did not start till 10:00. 

Today has me hitting my AA meeting for sure.  I am desperately in need of one.  I am squirrelly for a lot of reasons today.

When I get home, I have some sugar free cheesecakes to bake, strawberries to slice, and  a ham to roast.  My sister got the free ham at Shop Rite, and I am roasting it to share with the family, and make some bean soup next week. 

I am looking forward to Easter service tomorrow.  My church changed our worship time to a later hour, and I am thrilled.  I love the Lord, and love to worship Him at my church, but had trouble making service at 9:15 lately.  How I ever got my entire family out the door for Sunday School years ago is a miracle.

Happy Easter.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Decolady
on 4/22/11 9:40 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Good morning Nicole and Trish and all of PA!

I know I don't contribute very often, but I do lurk in here every day and keep up with all of you.

I have been quite busy getting ready to move my store this weekend.  I am renting the newly vacated store next door to where I am now, as it is twice as big.  So glad I came to an agreement with the landlord!  So my son is home from college to help, most of the moving will take place tomorrow (a day I would have been closed anyway).  Then on Monday the girls who work for me and I will put it all back together, in time to open on Tuesday.

I made our Easter ham last Sunday for the 3 of us.  Tomorrow after all the moving is done we plan to have dinner together at the new chinese buffet in Bethlehem. 

I have started seeing a therapist also, Nicole, who specializes in eating disorders.  She is really helping me become more aware of my feelings around food.  I am one of those people who just starts stuffing food in so I don't have to feel!!  My weight loss has slowed down, but I am still losing.  I am loving my Zumba classes even more, so that is helping my progress too.  Another WLS friend is trying to get me to try a spin class with her, that may be next.  If you had told me a year ago that I would be doing these things I would not have believed you!

We had some sad news in our family, my cousin's husband's sister passed away on Thursday from cancer.  She was only 48 and has 3 teenage children.  We are going to the viewing on Monday night.  These things are always so tough.

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, and those who celebrate have a blessed Easter.

Peace,

Deb 
Lisa H.
on 4/22/11 10:13 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Deb.. I am so happy for you that the move to the new store is working out for you!  You have grown so much in such a short period of time!! 

As for the spin class, GO FOR IT!    BUT, don't get scared after your first class.  You WILL be sore in places you didn't know could get sore.  You HAVE to take at least 3 classes to get used to it.  Then, you can make a decision on whether or not you like it.  It will also get much easier every time, just like anything else.  

Sorry to hear about the loss in your family.  Hope everyone can remain strong during this time of need.   BTW, Cancer SUCKS. 

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 4/22/11 10:14 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Nicole and all of PA - yucko on the having to get up so early Nic - Hope your weekend is at least calm?  HA HA!  SO glad you had fun last night.

I am up and playing on the computer.  I ended up sleeping in between two snoring people, one who is 45 and BELONGS in my bed and really doesn't snore all that much, however, the little almost 9 year old that was on the other side of me - well, not sure when she showed up but was on MY pillow and was snoring....good thing she is cute!

Nothing planned for the day - short of cleaning up Molly's room.  We got her back last night - she is all better and ready to tackle her room.  Well, when she wakes up that is.  Joshua is sleeping out tonight and Larry and I have no plans.  With any luck, I will not sleep all day like I did yesterday.  We were in the car a lot and I am a car sleeper.  And then I fell asleep watching the Flyers game.....UGH!  And still slept pretty well last night.  (Minus the little person snoring next to me!)

Hope your Saturday is sweet!
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/11 2:38 am
If you and larry want out for a little tonight we are going to FLukes around 8:30/9
Lisa H.
on 4/22/11 10:18 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning all..

Glad you got to spend a little time with friends last night.  Say hi to Beth and her new honey for me.  

Today we are headed to synagogue and then I think I'm finally going to get Siehara's eyebrows done.  I've been wanting to do it for a few days and just haven't gotten around to it.  They are a mess and I think it will make her feel good (after the pain goes away), to have some basic grooming done.  Once they are done the first time, I should be able to keep up with them.  I just don't want to shape them and screw them up.  

Other than that, we have nothing planned.  We'll probably make a stop at Redbox and get a movie or two to watch together since the weather is crappy.  

Tomorrow night we are headed to the Caines for a Passover dinner.  Other than that, nothing going on.  

Hope everyone enjoys their weekends. 

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 4/22/11 10:26 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Nicole & PA:

Not too much happening today.  Gene is not seeing clients today, they all wanted to have Easter Saturday to prepare their meals. 

Yesterday I spent most of the day texting with my daugther.  I see that she has inhereted one of my "bad" habits, keeping everything inside and dealing with it until it all boils over.  The sins of the parents passed to the next generation.  Not sure if the kids are going to be able to save their marriage or if at this point either of them really want to.  I'm trying to get her to go in the direction of couple counseling, however, my SIL states he has no need for those "quacks" that mess with your head.  You'd think as fond as he is of Gene that he'd see the rediculousness of that statement, however he does not and is not budging.  Only time will tell what is going to happen.  At this point he has taken money out of the account so that there is not enough to pay the mortgage, and he has stopped paying the cable bill.  My daugther works out of her home so the internet is a must, so he told her if you want it you pay for it.  His final statement last night was "no, your not going to live in this house, I'll make sure it goes into foreclosure so you can't have it!"  Like I said yesterday this little pit bull of a mom wants to go down there and ring both their necks but I know I have to be supportive and keep my wits about me, someone must remain sane during a time such as this.  And I know there are two sides of the story and the truth lies in the middle.  

Yesterday the contractor started ripping down the kitchen ceiling.  What a mess that is.  The GC did not tell me that was happening yesterday, so I had to rush to move some stuff that was in the way.  He's not very good at communicating this stuff.  Glad that I was home to be able to more the stuff, Gene was out and could not have done it.

I made it to Target yesterday for my roasting pan and to the bank to get my rings from my first marriage and a couple other things to take to the jeweler to incorporate the stones into a new necklace and earring set we designed for my birthday. 

Today we are heading to the jewelry store to drop off the pieces I'm having worked into the new piece, then we'll stop at Whole Foods for the veggies for tomorrow's Easter dinner @ church.  When I get home cut up and put the veggies in the oven to roast slowly overnight so they are ready in the morning.

That is it for my day. 

Hope you all have a wonderful day...

Ida

IdaMae

dit657
on 4/22/11 11:56 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all. Another rainy day in the DC area - we're getting ready to head to the beach shortly - not sure the weather is going to be any better down there.

Did the DC thing yesterday - air & space museum was really cool but omg it was mobbed!! We did get into see a cool IMAX movie and into the planetarium for a show. Then we drove around DC and took in the sites. Had a nice dinner at Outback then came back.

That's about the extent of my news for now. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 4/23/11 12:10 am
Good Morning Nicole and PA!

Woke up to the sound of rain....YUCK!!!

Not much on the agenda today. I am going to head out to Target to pick up a few things, especially the Wii Zumba game if they have it. I need to get back into the exercise thing and I liked zumba class. I may also try my hand at red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Yes, I know it is passover, but I do not really abide by the rules, I am such a bad Jew!?!? Passover has some negative memories as it was the second night of Passover that my grandfather passed away. It was over 25 years ago, but I still associate that with the holiday. He was the only grandfather I knew and he called me his "princess". I could do no wrong!! He was definitely a character and I loved him!!

Still waiting to hear back from my friend from AZ, to see if I am going to meet her in Wildwood or if we are going to get together tomorrow.

That is it for me!
Have a great day!!!!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA