Freezing Friday Roll Call

Sara E.
on 4/21/11 9:13 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
I was shocked to see no one posted roll call yet.  Is everyone off work today?  I wish I was but I am not.  Working until 4:30, dinner, then church.  After church I am taking Caleb to Wal-mart to buy him a bike.  His is a used one from a guy a work and he needs a better one now.  It will be his Easter/"you're a good kid" gift.  I hope everyone has good Friday.

Sara

Liz R.
on 4/21/11 9:21 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning Sara! I'm off today but still up early. The cats woke me then Mia so figured we'd just get our day started. Lots of cooking and cleaning on tap for the day. My grandmother, cousin and cousins best friend are coming later to help. The girls will be great with occupying Mia and my Grandmother will help we.

That's it for us!
lynnc99
on 4/21/11 10:08 pm
Hello Sara and PA!

I am working today and working out.

Had a late nght on the phone with Mike last night. Turns out that I messed up his plane ticket to join me in FL....the ticket actually gave him 10 days in FL instead of 5. He can't be away that long, so- long story short - he is coming in TONIGHT for Easter weekend (Hooray!) and then again next weekend for the original 5 days. We had to spend money for the extra flights but would have had to pay change fees and ticket differences anyway which would = the cost of the new ticket.

SO....I am working, running to an exercise class (started my 90 days of structured workout, thank you Pam!) and then going to Costco to pick up a couple of items. We will have a great and healthy Easter dinner (a separate post).

Just a tiny bit of picking up to do around here, and he will arrive at midnight!  (Got my hair cut SHORT the other day, so wonder how that will go over....)
Lisa H.
on 4/21/11 10:10 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning Sara.. I'm up and working.. ran into extra traffic in the kitchen getting my coffee.  Apparently, Siehara can wake up early when she does NOT have school.  I set my clock for 6:45 since I didn't have to wake her up at 6.  She was already up, took her medicine, and was eating cheeseburger pie in front of the TV when I went in for my coffee.

Today has me working til 3:30.  I need to get to the store at some point to pick up a few necessities.  After work, I'm not sure what we are doing.  We may head to the Caine's for dinner or we may go to the gym so I can do the Treadmill class and Yoga.  I guess the decision will be made based on if we get a call from them at some point during the day.  

I need to practice my Haftorah for synagogue tomorrow, as well.  

Other than that, nothing is going on.  I have NO PLANS as of now for the weekend except for going to services in the morning.  I think I am going to enjoy having nothing on the agenda and just go with the flow.  If the weather is nice, I will try REALLY hard to get Siehara out of the house for a walk or some sort of physical activity.  

Hope everyone enjoys their holiday weekend with their family and friends or just relaxing as I will be doing. 

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 4/21/11 10:29 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Sara and all of PA -I was up - just Zuma Blitzing.  Gotta love spring break for playing on the computer!

I have no major plans today - I was supposed to go visit a family friend and her new baby - but I am sans 2/3 of my children and really want to spend the day with Larry.  Not sure what we are going to do.  We really need new living room furniture.  Might head to The Dump to look at some sofas.  Maybe over to IKEA.  Not really sure - may just hang at home and do some more things around here.  Although I think Larry is getting cabin fever.  We did take the bikes out yesterday and he seemed to be quite happy, so I am hopeful that we will get out of the house.

Not sure about tonight. Have the possibilty to get out with Beth and Den and a few others, but being that it is passover, food and drink is an issue - so we shall see.

Have a GREAT Friday and a WONDERFUL Easter weekend all!
IdaMae D.
on 4/22/11 12:00 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Sara & PA:

I'm off today.  Church this afternoon, then I have to get to Whole Foods to get the veggies to make roasted veggies and to Target to get a big roasting pan for our Easter Luncheon on Sunday @ church.

At some point this weekend I have to attempt to do a personal balance sheet and income statement that is due Monday night for class. 

My cousin contacted me and asked if I'd bring my dad to her house so she could talk to him and pick his brain about some family history, so have to call dad today to see what his availablity is.  I know he's going to love this, his mind is still sharp as a tack, the body is worn out.  She said more than likely her brother and his family would also come over, so I know dad will love seeing his neice and nephew.  Both their parents have passed, my cousins' mom and my mom were sisters and my dad played baseball with her dad in a league in Tacony I believe in the 1940's. 

Will also text my daughter, she perfers texting since she is working today, to see if her and the son-in-law are any better today.  She caught him talking to and texting his ex-girlfriend in Florida, he's threatening to stop paying the mortgage and told my daughter to file for divorce.  Hopefully they are going to sort this out once they both calm down, I know my baby has a temper and can be pretty nasty. This has been bubbling and it all blew up while she was working yesterday.  She works out of her home.  It's tough to try to be partial when this mom wants to go pit bull on the son-in-law right now, but I also know there are two sides to every story and the actual story lies somewhere in the middle.  I asked her if she wanted me to send Gene down so she could talk to him, she said if she needs Genie (her pet name for him) she'll let me know.

This afternoon Gene will be attending a luncheon with one of his students.  She was doing her internship at a mental health center and at the end of the semester the center has a luncheon for all the interns and their professors.  Gene was a bit blown away when she asked him to attend.  So he'll be headed out to Blue Bell around 11 ish.

I see the sun popping out, I'm going to drink a proten shake and get my arse out the door for a walk in this cold weather...

That's all for me today.

Hope everyone has a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 4/22/11 12:59 am
Good Morning Sara and PA!

Today is my first day of Spring Break and I slept in until about 9:30!! NEVER get to do that!! I was so tired yesterday...had a busy day at school! Dee was with me and then I got a surprise from my former coworker/good friend who lives in Arizona, but is considering moving back to NJ! I hope she does, because I REALLY miss her!! She is getting divorced and has five kids so logistically I hope it will work out!! We worked together for many years and became quite close.

I was supposed to get together with another coworker today but she needs to reschedule, so I will pay bills and do some errands that need to be done. I am hoping to hear from my friend from Arizona sometime today because she is going to be in Wildwood all weekend with her oldest son who is wrestling in a tournament. I may be taking a road trip....

That is it for me!
Have a GREAT Good Friday and Happy Easter to those who celebrate!

Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 4/22/11 2:01 am - Perry, MI
Good Morning Sara,
I was out the door, and down in Philly by 8:00 this morning to stand in line at the Polish meat market to get homemade kielbasa and babka for Easter dinner.  I am resting now, and then I will get my freshly laundered sheets out of the dryer and make my bed.  I love fresh sheets. 

This afternoon, I am taking books to a church because in two weeks, there will be a fundraiser for a charity I volunteer with, but I will be out of town.  Sometime today, I plan to make an AA meeting, and would also like to attend the Good Friday services my church is having with a nearby church.

I hope everyone is safe and having a blessed Friday.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nicole0216
on 4/22/11 2:28 am - Lancaster, PA
Good Morning all off today so slept in a bit.

Went to counseling this am was good. so much more to all this recovery from food abuse etc then meets the eye. at least i am finally in good hands. THANK GOD.

Then went to central market did some browsing and shopping boy was it crowded.
Going to do some chores then see some folks i love tonight.

Working this weekend so gotta make today count
(deactivated member)
on 4/22/11 10:06 am - Hatboro, PA
Hello everyone,
Thankfully the County considers Good Friday to be a holiday, so I'll be getting time and a half for my 8 hours worked tonight. And the bet part is that tonight really is my Friday, as I have Saturday & Sunday nights off this week. YAY!  I'm loving my new shorter schedule (working 8 hours as opposed to 12 hours), but it sucks working 4 nights on/2 nights off.  I have different days off every single week.

Anyways, I certainly hope that everyone has a great holiday weekend.  If you don't celebrate anything, then I hope that you just have a great weekend.

David
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views