Foamies?

sandy L.
on 4/21/11 12:29 am - Altoona, PA
 Can anyone please tell me what are "the foamies".  How do you get them and how do they go away?  Thanks for any help.

Sandy

Dennis Belk
on 4/21/11 3:10 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Sandy,
If you type foamies in the search window above (top right) of this page, you'll get plenty on the foamies. It can be viewed as a type of "dumping syndrome" reaction. It can come from eating too much or too fast, or eating too much fat or sugar after RNY or other WLS procedures. You start to produce so much mucousy saliva that it comes up and out and you end up drolling it out. It can last for more than a moment. Remedies? Once it occurs I believe you have to let it pass. Best remedy is prevention by eating slower restricting the amount of food as well as sugars or fats and get some protein in your pouch before carbs. However, sometimes, it just happens.

Good Luck,

Den
dit657
on 4/21/11 5:30 am - Boothwyn, PA
Foamies suck - you don't want them!! I've had them more than I care to remember - mostly from food that was too dry or too dense - your nose will run - you'll produce tons of saliva that you have to spit up - you can break out in a horrible sweat (depending on how bad they are) - my worst case was at a phillies game where we were going in because my friend was late to the game, so we grabbed chicken fingers and I was hungry and wolfed one down - BIG MISTAKE - I had to leave the game.

Not much you can do - try sipping warm tea - sometimes that will help dissolve whatever is stuck - just ride it out - sometimes you can bring the stuck food up, but for me it would have to pass thru since I don't throw up now.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
sandy L.
on 4/21/11 10:05 am - Altoona, PA
 Thanks for your help.  I had a Propel Strawberry Kiwi water and I started foaming.  Someone told me that I had the foamies.  No clue what it was.  Appericate the help.

Maura M.
on 4/22/11 9:40 am - Yardley, PA
Am glad to say I have never had em, so I can't even describe it
Maura

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views