Thank You Arlene Elfman

Patricia R.
on 4/21/11 7:15 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Dennis,
I have been AWOL, and I have been wanting to come back lately.  The chronic pain I have been experiencing is improving, and I am needing the support so much. 

Dennis you were at my first pre-op meeting, and I will never forget how you, and I think it was Pat, took a bunch of us on a tour upstairs and talked with a bunch of us, answering all those questions we had, including the icky, personal ones.  That changed me from a pre-op with fear to a pre-op with confidence to move forward, and I had no fear.

I will be back, hopefully in May.  Can't make first Saturday in May, as I will be in Michigan at my granddaughter's first dance recital.  I do have my priorities.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Dennis Belk
on 4/25/11 12:18 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hope to see you Trish whenever you can make it.
We'll be here.

Den
Heather T.
on 4/23/11 7:32 am - Bucks County, PA
Hey Dennis! How ironic that I check the boards today for the first time in months and see your post I have been thinking about all of my Barix buddies and how much I miss everyone! I have been so busy with the twins and work but I have been definitely feeling the void that comes with missing seeing all my peeps at meetings and the pilgrimages! I know that not everyone has been in a good place lately and may not feel comfortable coming back to a meeting, but I kept thinking how great it would be to have a no judgement class reunion, just so that everyone could come back regardless of where they are in ther postop jOurney whether it be goal weight, post weight gain Or facing other problems in life in general. I have missed the fellowship and friendships that I gained when I first started "losing" and then lost touch with when life (and twins) got in the way. But anyway, I am going to try to make it back here more often and checking in with all of you guys! The weekday meetings are impossible for me right now, but maybe I will try and get to one of the weekend meetings soon. At the very least, we should try and plan a "Salford pub" type get together soon! I miss and love you guys

I'm a classic overachiever, I'm a mom of twins!!

Dennis Belk
on 4/25/11 12:28 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hey HT, is it irony or maybe just fate?
The Gang is always welcome.
Some of our peeps from those days have made it back with plenty more we're waiting for.
No judgements, no ridicules, just support and hugs await Everyone who finds their way back.
We all have our issues and we always will.
Also, we will always have our friendship. That will never be lost. We can pick that right up in a mere moment.
Hope to see you when you can stop by. Say hey to the twins and Bryan for me.

Take care,

Dennis 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1871 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1965 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2653 views