Major WOW today!!!!

Lisa H.
on 4/20/11 12:43 pm - Whitehall, PA
 SO .... I went to the gym to get started on my 5K training for the Girls on the Run thing I talked about in Pam's P90X post.  I took the treadmill class with my beloved psycho Suzy.  I knew that I could just do things at my speed.  She doesn't push me harder than she knows I can go in that class.  I just do what I can.  

Anyway, we were doing some stretches and ab work at the end of class and she and I were discussing the yoga class I went to the other day and some of the other things I've done. She was full of compliments on how far I've come since she's first seen me in class.  That made me feel great, but that wasn't it.  

She then told me that I should be an instructor.  I was like of what?! Of classes, Lisa.. a fitness instructor.  WHAT?!?  I told her I was not good enough for that.  And she told me that I could just start off slow.  Like, teaching a beginner's pilates or yoga class and then go up from there.  She said that I am great with people and she always sees me helping others out in class and that I would be great at it.  

That just made my whole week!  I am going to look into it, but no promises.. just knowing that my crazy instructor thinks that highly of me is just incredible!

My tracker

hers 

swedeville1
on 4/20/11 2:13 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
There is no better way to learn than to teach...or something like that.  LOL  I think that is awesome!  She must see something in you.  I think you should really consider it.  This sounds like a fantastic opportunuty.  Very proud of you!  Hard work and dedication are noticed.

Well done Lisa!

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

Nicole0216
on 4/20/11 7:37 pm - Lancaster, PA
My old teacher said there is no better way to learn than to teach
IdaMae D.
on 4/20/11 7:52 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Awesome Lisa!!!!

As I was told my one of my favorite professors, the way you learn and become a good instructor is by teaching as well as learning from your students. 

As I tell Gene as he's begun his career as a professor teaching graduate courses when he comes home frustrated and says he can't teach - you learn by teaching.  As he is finding out reading his classes final papers he did teach them and he's blown away by it!!!!

Go for it when you are ready - what an awesome opportunity!!!!

Ida

IdaMae

Pam Hart
on 4/20/11 8:24 pm - Easton, PA
Yes, definitely consider it!  What a moment!  I still toy around with the idea of getting my spin cycle cert - with everything going on that took a back seat and I'd need to get back hard core before I even considered it.

Congrats!

P
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Sara E.
on 4/20/11 9:27 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA

Lisa & Pam...teaching fitness classes.  Now those are two classes I would enroll in.  You should both go for it.  You are fit, fun and fantastic.  WOW!

Sara

dit657
on 4/20/11 9:53 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Awesome WOW Lisa!! I agree with the others - go for it - what do you have to lose?? You not only get to help others but also help yourself! I think that instructor is right on!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/11 1:16 am
Lisa,
That is totally amazing! I am proud of you and teaching maybe a way to earn some cash while getting in your exercise...just a thought.

You go girl! 
Dennis Belk
on 4/21/11 5:13 am - Philadelphia, PA
Nice job there Lehigh Valley Lisa!
The "NEW EXERCISE DIVA"
Rock On!
alittle110
on 4/23/11 12:18 am - Bucks County, PA
What an awesome complement and great opportunity! Go for it 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins