I want to Thank You....

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/11 4:57 am

Yesterdays post was a focus on Dennis celebrating his 6 year surgivesary but my supportive good friend Laureen  pointed out it was also my 3 year surgiversary. So the I want to thank everyone for the love and support over the last 3 years. 

The last 3 years have been one filled loss and gains in many various forms. Everyone knows of the GREAT loss of the weight yet only some of you know of the painful losses. Many of you know of the successful gains only a select few of know the details of the hurtful gains.

Yet as I looked back over the last 3 years they have been filled with growth and wonder. It was truly a rebirth to discover who exactly I was and where I was going. There are days I still am discovering who it is that I am and where it is I want to go.

I try to live life many times burning the candle at both ends till I have no flame left then I do my best to re spark that wick to get just a little more fun out of it. I recently admitted to Den that many times I sat in the same four walls many of you have all been to laughing and supporting me in yet I was sad and alone in them.

I am aware of my regain and it bothers me to core yet I have been active in taking control of it to working with my trainer at the gym and going to Zumba. Also in recent weeks discovered that not all medicines are our friend. I had slipped with taking care of my own personal health and fell into a depression. With the support of my amazing trusting friends I spilled the details of what is happening they helped me make a game plan. I am in the throws of making things better and getting to be where I need to be.

I have learned that I more then just a number on a scale but someones soul mate, a good niece and good friend. I try every day to not hurt anyone and make the right choices yet I still make mistakes. With many of  you by my side I have learned when I fall I will have help getting back up and help cleaning the dirt of my knees then someone will hold my hand to help me walk again till I do it on my own all over,

Many times Dennis has said they fix our stomachs not our messed up heads. I have been admitting some of heartbreaks in this life and it is freeing because I did learn that losing weight does not make everything glitter and rainbows. (Yet some of you experienced the glitter recently). I now pick and choose exactly who it is I want in my life yet I do not JUDGE those I do not want in my life it is just a choice I make. I have a courage and self esteem now that I never had before to do that.

I love you all in many levels of this journey ....Remember LIFE IS GOOD! 

So I want to Thank You for your Kindness and Generosity

Dennis Belk
on 4/19/11 5:03 am - Philadelphia, PA
We ALL love you Beth, but I love you the most... just sayin... with pride.

Your Den
lynnc99
on 4/19/11 5:44 am
Beth, I wrote a brief post to Dennis yesteray and then realized it must also be your special day! Now is THAT proof that "there are no coincidences" or what????

Here is a little thought for you:

My candle burns at both ends
It will not last the night
But ah my foes, and oh my friends
It gives a lovely light.

Thank you for your light! Life IS good!

Lynn
Laureen S.
on 4/19/11 6:03 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Wonderfully expressed and while I have not heard your voice in a while, I could actually hear you speaking your words as I read them. 

Warm hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Sara E.
on 4/19/11 6:24 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Congrats Beth!

Sara

Maura M.
on 4/19/11 10:16 am - Yardley, PA
Congratulations on 3 years.  You are one of the best benefits of this surgery.  As I know that you are a Natalie Merchant fan, the words to the song "Trouble me" come to mind - am always here for you.

love you!

Maura 
Maura

Pam Hart
on 4/19/11 4:40 pm - Easton, PA

That is an absolutely stunningly beautiful post - just as you are.  It takes more courage to accept help and realize you are slipping than it does to simply celebrate the good.  Amazing job on ALL accounts, bethie!

Love you so much!

P

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 4/19/11 8:11 pm - Lancaster, PA
congratulations Beth. I know your pain and ups and downs been there DOING that. Never imagined how hard I would have to work on myself in order to get through this journey. But you are right there, being self aware and making changes you need to make I am proud of you
Arlene E.
on 4/19/11 9:24 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Beautifully said, Beth.   So much emotional stuff has come to us and for you to be able to share so freely is just one of the reasons I love you.

arlene 

dit657
on 4/20/11 3:55 am - Boothwyn, PA
I apologize for being so late in congratulating you on your 3 year surgiversary - I mentioned it in Den's post yesterday but you deserve your own.

Sometimes I wonder why we all think we have to be 'perfect' now that we've had WLS? I hear it in a lot of our posts (including my own) about how hard we are on ourselves when we slip and fall - but just like life in general this is truly a journey filled with wonder, amazement, joy, sadness, ups and downs - but with the support of each other out here we manage to make it through the bumps.

Kudos to you on  your amazing journey - much continued success - and wishing you and Dennis much love and happiness.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views