Terrific Tuesday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 4/18/11 8:35 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA;

Finally got some sleep last night.  Got out of class at 9pm, home by 10 and in bed by 10:15 - YEAH!!!!!  I've been so tired in the mornings, this is the first morning I've gotten up and felt almost like me.

Yesterday we met with the interior designer.  We sort of came to a head butting session.  She does not like what I want in my kitchen in the basement.  This is the kitchen I use, this is where I want to feel homey and I want it the way I want it.  Gene is so good a de-fusing what could have turned out not so good.  Gene and I are on the same page with the kitchen, she is more looking at what is in vogue now and not cluttering up a walkway.  Gene was finally able to get her to see that the downstairs of the house is our living space, not many people hang out down there so she's going to work with what I want and we'll see when we have our next meeting after Easter.  I love her, she has wonderful ideas, this was just one little stumbling block. 

The GC was having problems with the slope of the roof for the garage yesterday - archetect again messing up on his measurements. 

Today working till 4, then home to relax and catch up on some more rest.  Gene teaches tonight, this is his early night YEAH....

Hope everyone has a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

Liz R.
on 4/18/11 9:00 pm - Easton, PA
Ida Goodmornign - what is the forecasted completion date for the project? I know it can't come soon enough!

I am having a down day, feeling out of sorts and sorting through some tough emotions.

At wor****il 4, going to get Smunchy and headed home to relax.
steffihope
on 4/18/11 9:45 pm - Philadelphia, PA
This is VERY unlike you - if you need anything - feel free to text me - I am around ALL DAY!!!!  Love you and miss you like crazy! :)
IdaMae D.
on 4/19/11 8:47 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Liz, I hope your feeling better.
The projected completion date is May 31st.  With all the delays due to the weather and the archetect's screw ups not sure that is realistic at this point, we shall see.  I do enjoy the construction crew and am going to miss the guys once they are finished...

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 4/18/11 9:17 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning all.. 

Today has me working my adjusted schedule.. 6-12:30, 3-4:30ish

Week 3 of Back to Basics starts today.. this past week was not as good for me as far as logging food and staying on track.  It is also that time of the month and of course the scale is reflecting it. The week's reading was about Healing the Emotional and Mental Self.  To be honest, I just started reading yesterday and was not paying complete attention as I was perusing the pages.  I am going to spend time this morning re-reading everything.  I'm still not sure what is causing me to self-sabotage and maybe re-reading will help me.  

So, working.. Back to Basics.. trip to 2 pharmacies to pick up happy pills for each of us. 

Siehara has an appointment with an orthopedist this afternoon to see if we can get her ankle feeling better.  

Tonight we are going to her Bat Mitzvah tutor's house for her Passover Seder.  We are both hoping it is not an all night affair, but we KNOW it will be a long night regardless.  It WILL be quite nice to spend the night with different people and actually observe the holiday.  Last night we did not do anything Passover related at all.  We are not very good Jews, despite the facade we put on.  

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day.  I'm going to try to make the best of mine!

My tracker

hers 

Nicole0216
on 4/18/11 9:32 pm - Lancaster, PA
Hi Ida and PA.  Way to go Ida it is your house you deserve to have it the way you want it.

Yesterday was a hard day for me. Jason was cranky I was fighting literaly my food addiction with every fiber of my being.  The more I try and work all of this out the more, scared i find myself in regards to the outcome. Can i live without the action of using food for all the things I do? What will I do without it? So funny I did not have any of these feeilngs prior to surgery.  Jason and I are not seeing eye to eye on my tx and what I need to do for it, so I need to just stay strong and agree to disagree.
 Last night one of the leaders from OA called me to check on me and left a message. It was SO HARD to do but i picked up the phone and called her back and talked to her about my confusion and she said she would help me. Very hard to be vulnerable to others but it has to happen.
Today is work, then tonight instead of OA I am going to do the body combat class with my boss. I have been wanting to try it. I did an OA meeting online monday and will do another today so that missing my face to face meeting wont be as big a deal.

I hope you all have a great day
lynnc99
on 4/18/11 9:42 pm
It's very interesting to read about the Back to Basics and OA experiences that Lisa and Nicole are having. I hope you both will keep posting about these...good food for thought for all of us.

My challenge is to get the exercise mojo moving again. I am in FL, working a LOT remotely, but will take advantage of the chance to go to exercise classes here every day. I can get a month of membership (although I won't be here a full month) so it is very reasonable, and also our development has water aerobics. I haven't done the water class yet - it might be more social than intense, is what I am thinking, but should check it out along the way. The bottom line is, if I don't exercise, my weight kicks up into the 158-160 range. If I do exercise, I can keep it at 154-155 where I feel much less anxious about it.

So....work and exercise are the order of the day. I need a haircut badly so should figure out where to go for that down here. With the tax $$ debacle, I am looking for ways to cut expenses so I will try doing the color touch up myself. Any pointers? I've never done this before but bought Nice & Easy which is NOT a permanent hair color, so I can't mess it up too badly, can I? I mean, what can go wrong with dark brown????

dit657
on 4/18/11 10:01 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - hopefully your house renovation woes will be over soon, Ida - but you must be firm in what YOU want - after all, it is YOUR house, not the designers.

I'm at work this morning - my sister and b-i-l were up early and she just called and they're already on the road. They have a long day ahead but wil be stopping for the night in Lumberton, NC. We had a great visit - lots of fun and laughs - no drama.

Well, okay - a little drama - my nephew was in the ER last night for 8 hours and never did see a dcotor - whenever he tries to eat he's having a severe pain in his chest - and the other night he was up most of the night with the pain - said it felt like something had burned going down, but then he gagged while brushing his teeth and coughed up a piece of bread (very similar to getting food stuck for some of us). So we don't know if it's gall bladder, hernia or what - hopefully he'll get that checked out today.

As for me I need to get my rear back in gear and on the exercise wagon and eating better - we do NOT eat well when we're all together like this - that's not really true - when we were in Florida with them we ate well, but when they come up here they're squeezing in visits to everyone and of course all those revolve around food and drink. Anyway, back on track for me - I'm feeling 'ugh'.

Happy Passover to all who celebrate...Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 4/18/11 10:17 pm - Easton, PA
Esophageal stricture?
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 4/18/11 10:20 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Can that happen to someone who hasn't had GBS? He is Type 1 diabetic - gets gout - has horrible acid reflux (takes prescription Prilosec). The man is 38 and falling apart. But the pain is right in the center of his chest - he said like a burning pain. Ulcer?? Now that I think of that it may be an ulcer with all his acid reflux - he's a drinker (beer mostly) - and a smoker. Guess he'll be lucky if it's just something like an ulcer?

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views