Happy 6th Birthday Dennis!

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/11 11:29 pm
Six years ago today you made the choice to have a surgery to help  you lose the extra pounds you had been carrying around along with your health issues that may end up taking you from this Earth way to soon.

You knew that day you would become a loser of the weight but did you know that you would gain an amazing new life?

You have become an honest inspirational role model to so many in the weight loss community. Your tell it like it is approach yet that gentle comfort you know how to give when it is needed. You have admitted your successes along with your struggles. You have adopted the names Papa Belk and God of the WLS community. Yet you will always be the first to say you are just Den and not all of those things. Yet you are to many here that have traveled the road after you.

You are loved by many here and you saw that when many came to your side in 2007 you saw just how much love you had gained through all the weight lost. I did not know you then but I feel your pain when you talk about that time. I hope you remember the out pour of love and prayers that came your way and the pain of that time will fade. The man that went to visit so many after surgery to encourage their journeys had it returned to him 10 fold. You are loved! 

So you have provided love and support to so many with your kind words and gentle touch but did you ever dream along this journey in 2008 the way your life would really change? Who knew attending a simple Christmas party that your life would change in the most amazing way. You found unconditional love over an Eggo. We have been together since that night with a only a few rare exceptions since.

You have expanding your family/friend circle once again because my family and friends adore you. With all your other success you have made their niece/cousin/aunt and friend a happy woman.

The last year has been rough with our bodies you have admitted it freely and we are working together to regroup and move ahead.

Never stop being you....While many people respect, love and adore you.

I love you heart and soul Bigman! 

Here is to the next 6 years.
Laureen S.
on 4/17/11 11:43 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Congrats Dennis, your gal summed it all up so well that I think I will keep it simple and say that your welcome to all who walk through the doors of Barix, or any support group you are at, make a difference in many people's lives and you make it real!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Laureen S.
on 4/17/11 11:45 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
P.S.

Congratulations to Beth on her special day, which is all the more special because she shares it with the Bigman in her life!!!

Another inspirational person who projects love and goodwill among those of us who have been able to call her a friend along the way.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

IdaMae D.
on 4/17/11 11:45 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Happy six years to one of the most amazing and supportive men I have ever met!!!!!

Big Hugs....Ida

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 4/17/11 11:55 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Happy Surgiversary to TWO wonderful people!!

So glad to have you both in my life.  

My tracker

hers 

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 4/18/11 12:06 am
I second those emotions!!! Congrats you two.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Nicole0216
on 4/18/11 12:12 am - Lancaster, PA
Congratulations to you both
Cherish F.
on 4/18/11 12:12 am - Philadelphia, PA
Here,here!
Happy Surgiversary to the both of you!
You have both been so kind and welcoming, and I am privileged to have met you both.
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

dit657
on 4/19/11 2:58 am - Boothwyn, PA
*** Hi-Jack *** - love your new avitar, Cherish!! You look amazing!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Cherish F.
on 4/19/11 4:08 am - Philadelphia, PA
Yeah! Thanks!!
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views