Soggy Sunday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 4/16/11 2:16 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA;

It is 12:06am.  I am awake, not liking this very much.  Took my nap on the couch prior to bed, got up to go upstairs for bed, the basement is flooded.  Gene and I are bailing out the basement - wild Saturday night at our house

I can't wait till this construction is done, if I get one drop of water in this house after that I'm going to scream!!!!

Saturday was a very quiet day.  Ran to a few stores, Target & ShopRite, ran into Steffi @ ShopRite was wonderful to see her.  With my busy schedule it made me realize how much I miss seeing friends.  After May 2012 I'll have to work socializing back into my/our lives.  Got home from the store put things away, laid down on the bed to pet the cat and the next thing I knew I was up in a panic thought I'd missed my hair appt.  I had 15 min to get there and made it.....After that had been fairly quiet until I had to get up from my nap and see the water on the floor, at which point I could not leave this mess to Gene so I'm up at midnight very rare to see that.

Today will be skipping church, have no idea how late we are going to be up with this flood in the house thing.  Gene will be grading final papers as well as doing our income tax as well as his mom's and my dad's.  My daugher is very happy this tax season is almost over.  She said by next weekend it will quiet down enough for her to be able to breath again and she's already gearing up for next year.  Crazy if you ask me - enjoying math....

Well back downstairs to see if there is more water to bail out of the house...

Prayers going out to those in North Caroloina and the south who have been experiencing all the really crazy weather this weekend....

Hope everyone has an awesome Sunday - I hear the sun is supposed to make an appearance....

Ida

IdaMae

dit657
on 4/16/11 11:25 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning Ida - looks like you're the only one up early today. That rain was incredible yesterday - hope you got bailed out without too much trouble.

We has a nice time at friends yesterday - today I have a houseful coming to visit my sister - we're doing a big fish fry since they brought a bunch of great fish up from Florida. Going to be a busy day.

Hope everyone is drying out! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 4/17/11 12:46 am
Good Morning Ida and PA!

Ida, sorry you are dealing with flooding issues! Last nights rain was really bad. The thunder and lightning meant we had an extra lump in our bed, namly Deanna. She is such a bed hog!! Around 5 this morning I came down to sleep on the recliner.I woke up around 9am, hubby was already up, unusual for a Sunday morning. I got some coffee, did some FBing, then took a shower and got dressed.

Today Dee has a birthday party for her friend that lives next door. After that, laundry calls!

That is it for me!!

Have a great Sunday!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Sara E.
on 4/17/11 3:04 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA

Who says procrastination doesn't pay off.  Last night we had a terrible windstorm here.  A huge limb on a silver maple we were going to have pruned because it was dead was knocked down in the storm.  Nothing was damaged and now I don't have to pay the tree guy $800 to climb up and remove it....yeah.  The fellas are going to cut it up today for the township brush cleanup crew.  it is still quite cold and very windy here.  I want spring to get here.  I want to get in some motorcycle riding before my surgery in June.  Have a great one everyone!
Sara

Patricia R.
on 4/17/11 7:10 am - Perry, MI
Hi Ida and PA,
I tried to post this morning, but got distracted from the computer and have not been back till now. 

Today, I took Utley down to the river to see the damage from the flooding.  It was pretty bad...nothing structural wqas damaged, but lots of debris was left all over the place.

This afternoon, I went up to Newtown to a health and fitness fair to help my sister with promoting Special Olympics, soliciting people to buy raffle tickets, and handing out applications for potential athletes and volunteers. 

It is nice weather for walking Utley today.  Yesterday was wicked, and I drove in that mess from Morristown, New Jersey to home.

I hope everyone had a good day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views