Freakin' fantabulastic Friday!

dit657
on 4/14/11 10:38 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hey Jo! Nice to see you posting! I was out in your neck of the woods yesterday. My sister is up from Florida so we wanted to go to the cemetery on Mt Zion Rd to visit the parents. So of course we had to stop at Wolfgangs for Easter candy and a chocolate bunny to leave on dad's grave. Earless of course. Also stopped at Weiss markets for Twin Pine sweet sticks, butcher baloney and Sechrist smokies. Yum!

Today we're meeting some friends for lunch then tonight heading down to Maryland to see my nephew and his family. Tomorrow we're going to a friends place in Yardley and Sunday I'm having a houseful for a fish fry. Busy busy weekend.

So today I need to do some cleaning in between the festivities.

Oh and yesterday I stopped at the skechers outlet and bought myself SIX pair of shoes! Woo hoo!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
jojobear98
on 4/16/11 12:38 am - Gettysburg, PA
Ahhh, you got all the local goodies except Stauffers. They make chocolate covered bunnies at easter!

Glad to hear you had a nice trip in my neck of the woods.

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

dit657
on 4/17/11 9:54 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Somebody in the car actually mentioned the chocolate bunnies but we had enough JUNK going back home as it was!! And those would be a killer for me - I know I couldn't keep my hands off them and since I dump it just wouldn't have been pretty. LOL!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 4/14/11 10:58 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning my favorite Jojo! :)  I miss you - and have been VERY distracted as of late - so just accept that I miss you and love you! :)

I am here at school, students just showed up, already giving me reasons to smile - they really do entertain me - yes - I know - there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with me that I like 14 years olds.....whatever! :)  This afternoon heading home to play with Larry and the kids for a little - then a friend of mine is coming over to watch the Phillies game.  Looking forward to a beautiful Friday here in Philadelphia - and I am going to completely ignore the Fly boys loss last night - I am still OK, but it was a challenge to watch.....all those missed opportunities - really - someone needs to kick the Sabres goalie.....(hee hee hee)  It is Hockey afterall! :)
bvohl
on 4/14/11 11:45 pm
Good Morning JoJo and PA!!

Jojo- So nice to see you posting!

Yesterday was the LONGEST day EVER!!! Thursday is my busiest day at school, back to back lessons ALL DAY!! Then a faculty meeting, which didn't last long (YEAH). Our principal let us leave 10 minutes early! YIPPEE!!!!!!! Then I came home watched my story, got dinner started, then Dee came home early to finish up homework, then dinner, then off to brownies where we celebrated her birthday AGAIN! After brownies we were supposed to meet my friend for her birthday celebration, but we got there and she wasn't there?? I called her, no answer, so then I texted her to find out that she had changed her mind about where she was going and forgot to call me!! So here it is almost 9 o'clock at night on a school night with child in tow. I told her I was exhausted and that I was going home. She wanted me to meet her where she was but I said no! I really do not like driving when I am tired, plus it was WAY past the childs bedtime!! She did apologize, but still?? REALLY????

Today is wor****il 3pm. There are several class trips today so my day will be fairly easy, but less kids to see will mean the day will DRAG!! BOO!! I have to stop off at staples since they are giving away a FREE ream of paper with coupon. It is only good until tomorrow, SO GET OUT THERE PEOPLE!!!! Then home to relax, pick up the girls, Dee wants to go riding on her bike again, which we WILL do! I might try to take a walk outside today with all my extra time....

That is it for me!
Love you all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/11 11:57 pm
Some how I barely survived Thursday my day got crazier after I had posted and Den's was not any better so we just went  to bed so we could  end the day.

I went to the doctors she said my right knee has tendonitis gave me a shot and NSAID patch to apply to it. Also she wrapped my poor little baby toe that is black and blue. Plus really hurts who knew. On the way there there I saw an very bad accident that had Welsh Road closed on the way back to work the detour was also all backed there was another bad accident at Grant and the Blvd.

I finally made all the doctor appointments I needed to do this week. So the next few weeks will be busy but I will be getting some answers. I am feeling good about that and some things have been bothering me so I need to get happy.

Tonight once done here I will go home load the car cause I have to DJ tonight till 11 then I am done for the weekend. No other plans so I will rest my knee but plan to start a major purge at the Ranch. My motto when I do this Would anyone want this if I was Dead?? If the answer is no out it goes. There will be a great many clothes to go there is a sickness in me that will rarely wear things more then 3 or 4 times. Hell that is stretching it going out clothes I wear once or twice. Working on getting over that I swear.
Also many house hold things that have just been there and thazt I do not need will be going...Anyone have a dump truck? I will sort by Ebay, trash and charity though! 

Life is Good! 
Sara E.
on 4/14/11 11:59 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Good morning PA
I am glad it is Friday.  I am having some personal issues.  My mind is all over the place and I know I am not thinking clearly.  I feel like my life has spun out of control and I have no life right now.  I do for everyone else and have nothing for me.  Has anyone dealt with these feeling of worthlessness after WLS?  Any words of wisdom from you are welcomed.  I feel like I am at the end of my rope...I tied a knot and am hanging on for dear life.  How can I turn this around?
Thanks,
Sara

Pam Hart
on 4/15/11 12:52 am - Easton, PA
I think it's common - especially when personal issues come to the forefront.

It's a big adjustment for you AND for those around you.  Generally speaking the first year or so after surgery, life becomes "all about you" - because it HAS to be.  And for awhile, people are supportive of that.  But after awhile, when many of us always did the "taking care of" and were ALWAYS available to do anything they asked no matter how inconvenient for us we did it, those in our lives want that back.  They want the "old" person back.  Which, IMHO, just tortures us further.  Because, if it's anything like I felt, I felt guilty for not doing what I "used to do" but also felt guilty for not taking care of myself.

Am I making ANY sense???

How to turn it around....I'm not sure it's a turn around or a balance you're craving.

Start with forcing yourself to recognize the accomplishments for YOU that you have done.  And then, look at those accomplishments and ask "What do these mean to other people"  ARe you able to do more with your son and family?  Are you more involved because physical restrictions have been lifted?  Do you have more energy throughout the day (personal issues aside - because they can suck the life clear out of you, and that's ok for a temporary basis) in general?

How can you continue to do for yoursel and for others as YOU WANT TO (not as they might necessarily want to)  And what do you have for YOU?  Your health?  Your energy?  Your tool?  Your support?
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Sara E.
on 4/15/11 2:04 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA

I am glad you came out of the closet Pam...LOL.  I have missed your posts.  I read your reply to me and it makes sense.  i will have to do a lot of thinking.  Thanks for being a friend.
Sara

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/11 12:02 am - Eastern, PA
Ok, I'll drag myself out of lurkdom as well...

I too do much more reading than posting these days!

I just finished week two of a new 5-day workout, and I'm quite happy with it so far. Haven't lifted weights consistently since mid 2010, and I was in a world of hurt last week, but I'm starting to really feel good again. I am still doing my hour on the elliptical on top of that. I feel really good, and know this is the comittment I need to make to shed some of the weight I've put back on. Ugh.

Things are great for Mary and I. I've been doing some preliminary planning for our anniversary trip to Niagra Fall this June. Hard to believe it's almost two years now!

This isn't news to many of you, I keep up better on facebook, but I just wanted to stop in and say hey, and wish you all a pleasant Friday and great weekend.

Cheers!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views