Freakin' fantabulastic Friday!

jojobear98
on 4/14/11 2:31 pm - Gettysburg, PA
Hello my sweet PA OH board!

I haven't posted in quite awhile. But I ALWAYS read!

This evening, it's after midnight, I am up, but tired. I finally have a weekend off and am looking forward to hanging with my husband and the kids. I feel like all my weekends are filled with work and no time to play!

My husband is in the susurbs of Philly, working until tomorrow, so I am hoping for a good nights sleep without interruptions of snoring episodes.

Tomorrow will be a day of enjoying the sun, marinating meat for the grill, and hanging out with the kiddos. We hope to have Mr. Eckard home for dinner, but we shll see.

The rest of my weekend consists of my son racing, running errands and hopefully heading to a murder mystery night (if time allows).

I miss you all. And I hope everyone is having a fabulous life. Struggles, successes and doubts are all part of our journey. But I NEVER forget the love and support for my friends here. And I hope you take advantage of the same.

Have a fabulous weekend!

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Nicole0216
on 4/14/11 7:53 pm - Lancaster, PA
Glad to hear you have the weekend off you are one hard working woman.

I wish we had a grill everyone talks about grilling out and we have this little hibachi that is too much of a pain to use.  Grilled meat sounds good LOL

At work today. Went to therapy last night, she suggested a second OA meeting per week. I am not happy about this because my nights are already filled up and that would leave me only one per week to relax. But I will do it. Also have some other home work items that are going to be very hard to do but will do them. Tonight we are heading to dinner with Jude Jason's visiting work buddy and we are taking him to Hershey Park Sat,. Anyone want to come?? :P

I hope you all have a great day should be nice out
jastypes
on 4/14/11 11:19 pm - Croydon, PA
Have fun at Hersey.  It's not my thing at ALL.  LOL.  I wish you lived closer so we could go to OA together.  It's nice having a buddy in recovery -- my daughter goes with me.  We may try a second meeting this week.  I sure do hear you about having nights free!  Monday is therapy; Tuesday OA; Wednesday AA; Friday Sponsor or some other kind of recovery meeting.  Thursdays seem to be my only free night at home, and sometimes there's even something to do then. 

I haven't forgotten though when EVERY day included an AA meeting for me because that is what I needed at the time.

I'm curious.  Are you working with a sponsor, or does your therapist fill that role?

Also, I know someone here is doing Back to Basics, but I can't remember who that is, and I had a question for her.

I'm at work now and will either stay home tonight, as my sponsor in Hawaii, or try out a different OA meeting with my daughter tonight.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Lisa H.
on 4/14/11 11:45 pm - Whitehall, PA
 It's me doing Back to Basics, Jill... what's up?

My tracker

hers 

bvohl
on 4/15/11 4:26 am
Nicole,

I know it is a FAR distance, but you and Jason are welcome to come to our place and we will grill on the deck. You can even crash at our place since we have a queen size sleeper bed!! I think Steven really enjoys spending time with you two as do I!!

Let me know! Memorial Day weekend maybe???

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 4/14/11 8:51 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Jo;

Sounds like a great weekend!  Enjoy!!!!!

I'm getting ready for work.  Work till 4, then home.  I do need a couple things from the store but who knows if I'll have the energy to stop in.  Gene is seeing clients tonight and tomorrow so I'm back to amusing myself.  I'm almost done reading my new novel - THe Land of Painted Caves by Jean Auel, great series of novels for those that enjoy reading, must read all the books in succession.  They say this is her last book, I'm almost to the end, it seems as if there could be another if the author is up to writing, or maybe even some smaller books to continue the journey of the characters.  One can hope there will be more....

The weekend should be a very quiet one.  I have to do some homework for the MBA program, not looking forward to that.  I am the only one in class that does not understand accounting forms or, I'm the only one that will admit that I do not.  Others look confused, when he asks for a guage of their understanding in numbers the lowest is a 3 while I continue to express that I'm totally not getting it.  I have to put together a balance sheet and income statement - makes absolutely no sense to me.  I had to have prof go over the same problem twice in class still makes no sense how to figure out where the numbers are supposed to go.

The archetect finally called the GC yesterday.  I wonder if Gene reaching out to the engineer who signed off on the plans might have had anything to do with the guy finally returning the GC's multiple phone calls and messages, as well as Gene's multiple phone calls, messages, and emails.  Hopefully the house is going to keep going forward without any more "major" stumbling blocks.  The GC left me samples of shingling for the roof, samples of the stone that is going on the front of the house, and today he is supposed to leave me samples of the siding.  Now we are getting into the part I can see, the colors. 

Hope everyone has a great day....

Ida

IdaMae

Decolady
on 4/14/11 9:39 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Ida, thanks for mentioning Jean Auel's new book, I have read all in the series and I was not aware that she wrote another one.  I will have to get it!
THANKS
Deb
IdaMae D.
on 4/15/11 9:19 am - Philadelphia, PA
Deb,

Your welcome.  I finished it today....I want to read more....they are saying it is the last book, but there are loose ends so I wonder if she might write more....Jean Auel is 72yrs old and each book seems to take her about 10 yrs of research to complete - they are sooooo worth the read....Maybe she'll continue some stories about Ayla's life and Earth's Children without so much research....One can hope right....

Ida

IdaMae

Liz R.
on 4/14/11 8:59 pm - Easton, PA
ENJOY JODI!!!

WEll TGIF! This has been a hellish week at work (or month!). I am here until 4 then stopping at Target and home to hang with Amelia for the eveing. I swear she learns something new everyday! Tomorrow Chris is going out to breakfast with his uncle then a friend of his is coming over to help wire the electrical in the basement. Mia and I will be headed out to the grocery store and the mall to pick up a few things. We might even suprise Daddy and get our photo taken with the easter bunny! Sunday will be lots of cleaning in prep for Easter next weekend.

Have a great day all - the sun is already shining!
Lisa H.
on 4/14/11 9:27 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning Jo Jo... If I didn't see you on FB, I'd be worried about ya.  Glad to see you here. 

It's Friday.. thank goodness.. been a slow week for work, which just means more time to do wonderful chores around the house.  Oh wait, that's Siehara's responsibility this week.  

But, yes, I'm still doing some of them.  Emptied the litter box in my bedroom this morning.  The litter I just put in is apparently not one that I will be using again.  It gives off the ammonia stench when he pees.  So, as long as I can remember which litter I bought, I won't make that mistake again.   Thankfully, he is not real picky about neither litter nor dry food, so I can go with less expensive stuff.  BUT, I will be more choosy about the litter for my own sake.

Today has me working til 3:30.  A friend of mine is supposed to be coming to take me to lunch.  We'll see if that happens.    After work, I HAVE to head to the grocery store.  My list says YES.  My cupboards and fridge and freezer are pretty much all bare.  

Tonight, Siehara and I are going to go over to have dinner from the grill and hang out with an old friend from high school.  The last time I saw her, I was pregant with Siehara and that was just for a few minutes.  She lives super close to me so we are finally going to get together.  She has a few kids and I believe one of them is Siehara's age, so they can hang out while mom and I catch up on the past 20 years.  

Tomorrow we are taking the Caine's younger children, or possibly all 3, to synagogue with us.  They are having a yard sale and need to be able to pay attention to that and not worry about the kids.   We'll come home to rest for a bit in the afternoon while we wait for Tanya.  Then, it's off to Philly for a great night out to celebrate Tanya's birthday at Michael's (come join us) and to see Tracy's new place in the great Northeast.  

Well, I guess I should try to find some work to do either for pay or around the house.  Have a great Friday all.. the sun is shining and it looks to be a beautiful day!

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views